DIAMOND HEAD CLASSIC

Advertisement
Our offense sucks. Bruce brown iso that’s almost every trip down the floor. Brown didn’t create a shot for anyone else. How does a good team lose to that team? Got out worked. Second shots killed us.

Brown blew that game

No he didn't. 13 points and 7 boards. He had some ugly shots and some turnovers, but he was one of our only threats all night. Lykes, Walker, Newton, Lawrence were all brutal on the offensive end tonight. Brown, DJ, and Huell were the only who played decently, and even they didn't do it consistently enough to win.

Advertisement
I’ll be the first one out there to say that was a quality scheduled loss.

No biggie. Was feeling the second half strategy. Couple unlucky bounces. We’re still a legit tourni champ contender.

OK LOL

You really don’t think so?

Playing a tough team 14 hours after a 3 am game.

We looked uninspired but there was a clear second half strategy, BB attack the rim, force pressure on D and take whatever ridiculous shot they throw up. I mean ****, some insane 3s we’re hitting and third put backs.

LW4 isn’t in full form yet. BB is just coming back. Newton is only slightly neutered. Huell is just hitting stride. Amp is a man’s role player.

Hope the fellas enjoy Hawaii and come back healthy and ready for ACC.

Except DJ. That cat is fat. Like too fat for dependability. He should swim back.

Advertisement
Basketball game thread busy first time all season when the team loses. Lol love these forums. These guys clearly affected by having to play two games within 24 hours after that ridiculous flight.

Soft and our schedule is very poor so far. We are not top 10

No, definitely not. But we have the talent to be a real top 25 team if we get our act together. ACC schedule is ominous though and there are a lot more Ls if we don't take care of the ball and rebound the ball. I know we shot like **** tonight too, but that's more of a streaky thing. Turnovers and rebounds aren't about being streaky so we need to control those things. We will obviously need to shoot better than 30% overall and hit more than 2 three pointers against any team, ACC or not.

Hey remember the two greatest seasons in program history? Losses to FGCU and Northeastern. Both tournament teams that year. NMSU will be a tournament team this year too.

We're fine. Tonight sucked but it was our worst performance of the year... and we almost stole it at the end. Take a deep breath, realize there are 20 more games and we may lose a few more, but we are fine.

No biggie. Was feeling the second half strategy. Couple unlucky bounces. We’re still a legit tourni champ contender.

OK LOL

We looked uninspired but there was a clear second half strategy, BB attack the rim, force pressure on D and take whatever ridiculous shot they throw up. I mean ****, some insane 3s we’re hitting and third put backs.

LW4 isn’t in full form yet. BB is just coming back. Newton is only slightly neutered. Huell is just hitting stride. Amp is a man’s role player.

Except DJ. That cat is fat. Like too fat for dependability. He should swim back.

It's crazy. He actually got fatter this year. He has nutritionists, a serious fitness regime, and practices every day. But he still somehow got fatter. He might have been our best offensive player tonight though so maybe it's ok.

Advertisement
Y’all treat this like the football board. It’s not. Bball is a way more complex sport with actual men and athletes and not a ton of crybabies

Man, our offense gets ugly sometimes (recurring theme the past couple of years). Tonight it lasted the whole game. Too many turnovers and way too much hero ball. Our defense was good enough to win despite some of the lucky shots/bounces.

We got beat on the boards all night. Some of that's lack of effort, but some was stupid plays where the weak side defender leaps to try and block something on the other side of the basket (hero defense?) only to leave their man standing there for the rebound and put back.

I do look forward to the game when we put it all together for 40 minutes. So much talent.

Advertisement
Hey remember the two greatest seasons in program history? Losses to FGCU and Northeastern. Both tournament teams that year. NMSU will be a tournament team this year too.

We're fine. Tonight sucked but it was our worst performance of the year... and we almost stole it at the end. Take a deep breath, realize there are 20 more games and we may lose a few more, but we are fine.
Agree plus young guys need their beddy bye time. Seriously though, please let's bag the tournaments that are more than 3 time zones away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Basketball game thread busy first time all season when the team loses. Lol love these forums. These guys clearly affected by having to play two games within 24 hours after that ridiculous flight.
We get that but regardless this is not top ranked competition. We’re supposedly the 6th ranked team in the F@cking nation so they needed to show up no excuses.

Y’all treat this like the football board. It’s not. Bball is a way more complex sport with actual men and athletes and not a ton of crybabies

Da fuq?

Basketball teams lose. It’s not excusable, but there are takeaways.

UM football fans are unrealistic to a point where they’re only true value is getting trolled.

Bball teams lose games. Instead of firing the entire staff and roster, there’s work to be done.

OK LOL

It's crazy. He actually got fatter this year. He has nutritionists, a serious fitness regime, and practices every day. But he still somehow got fatter. He might have been our best offensive player tonight though so maybe it's ok.

After ten years in the military and three years in law school, I can say with authority that this dude is either in his mid 30’s, or he’s got the munchies like a ************.

Advertisement
Back