Defining June as the Biggest Recruiting Month in Years.

Until this evening, I was firmly convinced that we really would only be able to start drawing conclusions about whether the June visits were a success or failure in early August. However, on his show today, Flo says the good news is coming much sooner than we think.

I may need to re-evaluate but as of now, I still think early August.

Advertisement
I don't have expectations, at least not for top tier talent. I can't come up with a reason to pick us until we show it on the field, so why should they? Unlike them, we've been down this road of hopes and dreams. So at least they've got that on their side, the lack of living it, while we've all been living with unfulfilled promises for 20 years.
IMG_6031.gif

We’re going to find out. He was the DL analyst last year which means he was also recruiting the DTs. Everyone is quick to give him credit for Jaden and Collins but forget he was also helping with DTs.
I mean it’s possible he can only get edge guys. I’d like to think he’s going to do well regardless but the question has been asked in another thread - what has he done to date to show he’s a recruiting closer.

Advertisement
I think its worthwhile to review the 2023 Summer Official Visits thread by @Hoyacane1620 to see the hit percentage

Last year, June 24 was the big weekend. Names in bold committed. Names in italics eventually wigged out and/or flipped

6/3: Olaus Alinen, Ta’Mere Robinson, Jaden Bonsu

6/10: Tony Rojas, Antonio Tripp, Jackson Carver, David Hicks, Bai Jobe, Connor Lew, Reid Mikeska

6/17: Logan Howland, Darron Reed, Riley Williams, Jayden Wayne, Emory Williams, John Walker

6/20: Payton Kirkland, Francis Mauigoa, Tony Rojas (rescheduled date)

6/21. Robert Stafford

6/24: Madden Sanker, Jaxon Howard, Malik Bryant, Monroe Freeling, Collins Acheampong, Johnathan Cline, Tommy Kinsler, Joenel Aguero, Samson Okunlola, RayRay Joseph, Nyckoles Harbor, Cormani McClain, Jaden Rashada, Jaylon Braxton

July-Aug 15th in my opinion.

Last year Rashada, Ray Ray, Francis, Riley, Jayden Wayne, and Malik all OV’d in June and then popped from late June through late July. Popo, too, but don’t believe he OV’d.

So that’s seven 247 dudes in similar timeframe.

Think we will repeat due to sheer numbers of dudes visiting, many of whom it’s visit number 3-5
Agree completely. Time frame for June visits to turn into commits IMO is mid July through August. There maybe 2 or 3 who visit in June who end up committing towards end of cycle but I believe most that are committing will be in by start of their HS season.

Advertisement
People keep citing this statistic, as if it means a whole helluva lot.

If our evaluations are solid, then we CAN expect some of these 3-stars to have good senior seasons and climb in the rankings.

And if our evals are bad, we are ****ed anyhow, no matter what the class rankings say.
Not necessarily. We took the commitments of nine 3 star recruits last year and only 2 of them climbed up to 4 stars by the end of the cycle and I would argue we did a really good job evaluating last year. I don’t anticipate more than 2 or 3 of our current 3 stars climbing up to 4 stars. That doesn’t mean they’re bad evals just the way the ranking system ends up working.

Advertisement
Week of June 2nd: One 4*
Week of June 9th: Two 5*, One 4*
Week of June 16th: One 5*, One 4*, One 3*
Week of June 23rd: Two 4*, Two 3*
That would be pretty incredible (assuming you're talking about commits).

Is that the list of commits you expect eventually from those visits or do you expect them to actually commit in June as well?

That would be pretty incredible (assuming you're talking about commits).

Is that the list of commits you expect eventually from those visits or do you expect them to actually commit in June as well?

Yes. Those are commits that I think we’ll land by the end of the cycle.

Im not saying these things will happen, or even happen immediately. This is what I expect as a result of the full cycle completing by December.

With the addition of J. Richard to stabilize the DB room, and some positive availability news I’ve currently heard, I see Miami really pushing for 9-10 wins.

I’m trying to stay as mopey as I could (it’s been the right move for 20yrs), but this is not the same team that went 5-7.

Now let’s see if these guys could coach.

Advertisement
Is the weekend June 23rd going to be Legends Camp again? I haven't really seen anything that says that. I know there's a camp that weekend but no word on whether it's the annual big Alumni event....

Here’s my stab

- Jerrae Hawkins (4 star)

- Aydin Breland (5 star)
- Dylan Stewart (5 star)
- Elija Lofton (4 star)

- Justin Scott (5 star)
- Isendre Ahfua (4 star)
- No clue (3 star)

- Chris Cole (4 star)
- Jaylen Heyward (4 star) or Marquise Lightfoot (4 star)
- Joseph Ionata (3 star)
- Ricky Knight III (3 star)

Advertisement
Back