Defining June as the Biggest Recruiting Month in Years.

Advertisement
If he thinks that’s what we get by let’s say August or later, as a result of the June visits, then I’d say that’s what’s going on.
Understandably, I could see several 5*’s milk out the process and not commit until later so just because they don’t commit by July/August won’t necessarily mean they’re a “miss” early.

Advertisement
Timely as it is, I’ve recently had private conversations with others about the manner in which the hype and hope each off-season can take over expectations leading to angry disappointment on the board.

In a similar vein, I want to try to define expectations - timing, commitments… etc., given recent statements by people who carry some clout in recruiting here.

@DMoney referred to June as the “biggest recruiting month in years…” in his ATM post today. Gaby over on 247 said June 9 may be Miami’s biggest official visit weekend in the 247Sports era…” three days ago in an article he wrote. That’s more than 10 years I believe.

People have asked the question on the board today and I think it’s important to define what this means so that proper expectations are set, particularly as to timing, as I think the expectations on the commits are the 4 and 5 star top 247 and higher type players we’ve been talking about. For me, it means commits rolling in during July and August. It does not mean that we failed if the wave doesn’t happen before then.

We’re going after some of the top recruits in the country. They’re going to take visits and a number of them have visits with high level programs scheduled throughout June, particularly on the weekend of the 23rd.

What are your expectations as to when we should expect to see tangible results from the month of June and what do those results look like to you across the board?
Already trying to repair the disappointment? Thank G-d June is Pride month

Advertisement
Understandably, I could see several 5*’s milk out the process and not commit until later so just because they don’t commit by July/August won’t necessarily mean they’re a “miss” early.
No doubt. There’ll be some who will go until the end. If all of our targets remain uncommitted until the end then this whole time cerco se is for naught. But I don’t think it goes down that way. I think the bulk commit between visits and sometime in August with most of those popping in July like @Kansas Cane said.

Visits don’t matter if you don’t close. We always have top recruits officially visit us every year. Time to flex some muscle because the recruiting class assuredly needs it. Let’s close Mario and co
When do we see the bulk of the commits from the June visits actually happen?

The visits indicate we have some great traction, but if last year was any indication id expect the fireworks to start near the 4th of July.

Advertisement
Nice quip. When do we see the bulk of the commits occur from the June visits?

As long as it’s before ESD I’m good but the way it’s being laid out there by many top sources if there’s not a huge influx of top targets by the end of July there’s gonna be a ****storm you’re gonna have loads of fun trying to control….

For your sake I hope it happens if not PM me your address and I’ll send you a bottle of your favorite adult beverage…

IMG_5668.gif

Timely as it is, I’ve recently had private conversations with others about the manner in which the hype and hope each off-season can take over expectations leading to angry disappointment on the board.

In a similar vein, I want to try to define expectations - timing, commitments… etc., given recent statements by people who carry some clout in recruiting here.

@DMoney referred to June as the “biggest recruiting month in years…” in his ATM post today. Gaby over on 247 said June 9 may be Miami’s biggest official visit weekend in the 247Sports era…” three days ago in an article he wrote. That’s more than 10 years I believe.

People have asked the question on the board today and I think it’s important to define what this means so that proper expectations are set, particularly as to timing, as I think the expectations on the commits are the 4 and 5 star top 247 and higher type players we’ve been talking about. For me, it means commits rolling in during July and August. It does not mean that we failed if the wave doesn’t happen before then.

We’re going after some of the top recruits in the country. They’re going to take visits and a number of them have visits with high level programs scheduled throughout June, particularly on the weekend of the 23rd.

What are your expectations as to when we should expect to see tangible results from the month of June and what do those results look like to you across the board?

I'll make it simple.

Gaby's reference to one particular weekend is about VISITS. It probably WILL be our biggest visit weekend ever, but that doesn't mean we will get X recruits.

And @DMoney makes a comment about the month of June, generally, which probably encompasses visits AND commits.

I don't care about specific benchmarks. if we got 10 blue-chip commits on July 1st, I wouldn't say that Gaby and @DMoney were "wrong". Kids will commit when they are ready, Mario seems to give them that leeway.

I think the unofficials over the past month or so have greased the skids. If what I'm hearing turns out to be true, then many of the June visits will involve parents and NIL discussions.

I'm not worried about specific numbers right now, I just think it will be a very good month on its own and/or compared to any other month in the past 10 years or so. The trend is for kids to announce verbals sooner than they used to, and a lot will announce choices this summer.

I'm ready for some positive announcements, I personally feel like setting a SPECIFIC "expectation" number will only create a backlash if we were to fall short by even one star.

Advertisement
Even though I was hard on the DT take I actually expect some significant closes coming up. Most of this staff was hired due to their ability to close and while I’m sure Nicholson and Woodiel absolutely can I’m very skeptical about the rest. JT needs to show me something because right now I see a lot of smoke and no imminent impactful closes.

As long as it’s before ESD I’m good but the way it’s being laid out there by many top sources if there’s not a huge influx of top targets by the end of July there’s gonna be a ****storm you’re gonna have loads of fun trying to control….

For your sake I hope it happens if not PM me your address and I’ll send you a bottle of your favorite adult beverage…
If August comes around and we don’t have the commits, I think it’ll be rough around here. With Gaby and D$ hyping up June, I think it’s important to try to clarify that the hype is for the visit list as people have already asked the question. I don’t think those on that list actually commit en masse before all or most of their June visits so that leaves July for the bulk IMO and we should have a good idea in August.

I'll make it simple.

Gaby's reference to one particular weekend is about VISITS. It probably WILL be our biggest visit weekend ever, but that doesn't mean we will get X recruits.

And @DMoney makes a comment about the month of June, generally, which probably encompasses visits AND commits.

I don't care about specific benchmarks. if we got 10 blue-chip commits on July 1st, I wouldn't say that Gaby and @DMoney were "wrong". Kids will commit when they are ready, Mario seems to give them that leeway.

I think the unofficials over the past month or so have greased the skids. If what I'm hearing turns out to be true, then many of the June visits will involve parents and NIL discussions.

I'm not worried about specific numbers right now, I just think it will be a very good month on its own and/or compared to any other month in the past 10 years or so. The trend is for kids to announce verbals sooner than they used to, and a lot will announce choices this summer.

I'm ready for some positive announcements, I personally feel like setting a SPECIFIC "expectation" number will only create a backlash if we were to fall short by even one star.
Ok so this is an important distinction that @DMoney can clarify as it relates to when we see the bulk of the June visits make actual commitments?

I think we could get 1 or 2 in June but I’m thinking July for the bulk.

Even though I was hard on the DT take I actually expect some significant closes coming up. Most of this staff was hired due to their ability to close and while I’m sure Nicholson and Woodiel absolutely can I’m very skeptical about the rest. JT needs to show me something because right now I see a lot of smoke and no imminent impactful closes.
How do we even know where JT stands right now as a closer? These are high level guys. Is it misses in the portal???

Advertisement
Back