DAILY DEBATE: Would you have taken Simeon Barrow back?

Advertisement
Advertisement
No clue what happened and havenā€™t followed the story so I say yes take him back.

Mario has to win this year or this program is headed toward a death spiral. To me itā€™s a win at all cost scenario this year.
This should be the only answer. We don't know what happened, who was at fault for the situation, if external factors were existent etc. pp.

It's been resolved and that's how everyone should be moving forward.

I'm all for stacking talent. If a guy can help you and makes the team better, bring him on. I don't care if he once played the hat game or if he once failed to respond to Mario's text. Once a dude is on the roster, then you can figure it out. If it turns out the player is a cancer and it's a bad culture fit, bench him. The good news with this new portal world, if you took a chance on a player that was suspect, you can now effectively get rid of him at the end of the year and he doesn't take someone else's roster spot next year.

But there's so much movement now this stuff is going to happen.

And for all you guys that get your panties in a bunch because some kid "dissed us" or "played us" during recruiting, a lot of these guys are going to be looking for second homes down the road and I imagine every now and then someone will be good enough that we won't really care that the kid was an immature HS senior once.

I'm all for stacking talent. If a guy can help you and makes the team better, bring him on. I don't care if he once played the hat game or if he once failed to respond to Mario's text. Once a dude is on the roster, then you can figure it out. If it turns out the player is a cancer and it's a bad culture fit, bench him. The good news with this new portal world, if you took a chance on a player that was suspect, you can now effectively get rid of him at the end of the year and he doesn't take someone else's roster spot next year.

But there's so much movement now this stuff is going to happen.

And for all you guys that get your panties in a bunch because some kid "dissed us" or "played us" during recruiting, a lot of these guys are going to be looking for second homes down the road and I imagine every now and then someone will be good enough that we won't really care that the kid was an immature HS senior once.
The moment you start involving emotions and feelings into hiring people in any capacity, you're making an error and quite a bad one.

Pretty sure everyone in here is glad receiving a second chance after realizing they ****ed up.

Advertisement
If you were Mario Cristobal, would you have taken Simeon Barrow back or told him to stay in Georgia?

Heā€™s a kid, kids make grown up decisions with little or no information. Who among us has never made a regrettable choice or decision, please cast that stone.He had a chance to reverse it and took it. That said, Money talks, Bull***t walks. So, he post that heā€™s a Cane. Be a Cane, standup, and stand out. Time to put up, or STFU. BE A CANE, KID. Weā€™re all watching and waiting. Good luck. šŸ™ŒšŸ½#CANESNATIONLIFER

Advertisement
I am sure Mario had a conversation with this guy and laid it out for him in plain English. In fact I would not be surprised if the entire family was part of that conversation. Weā€™re all good if you come here with the right intentions and play, you donā€™t, we will see you out the door.

I am sure Mario had a conversation with this guy and laid it out for him in plain English. In fact I would not be surprised if the entire family was part of that conversation. Weā€™re all good if you come here with the right intentions and play, you donā€™t, we will see you out the door.
This is exactly my point of view too. Mario would not let this be a cancer in the locker room, he already ran enough of them off the team.

Absolutely.., I look forward to the double standard ā€œcontextā€ explanation how this is vastly different with Mario taking him back vs his recent QB hostage situation or Jeff Thomas from a previous staffā€¦

Just win!!!

Good lord, every time you post, we get the overwhelming whiff of vaginosis.

Waaaah waaaah, sometimes people view different situations with different standards. WAAAAHHHH.

How about you turn in your "CIS Double Standard Cop" badge, drink some alcohol,

The season will be starting in 2 months, and you're still whining about JEFF THOMAS. There's something wrong with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
If you were Mario Cristobal, would you have taken Simeon Barrow back or told him to stay in Georgia?

Well depends on if UM makes the playoffs, will Barrow Opt out after having put together an additional season of Film for the NFL to evaluate. My bet is Barrow chooses to Opt out.

Now if Barrow is all in with Miami, then he will set aside some of NIL money, in order to buy a massive injury policy at the of the regular season, which will cover him into the playoffs.

I think we table survey until December.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back