DAILY DEBATE: Would you have taken Simeon Barrow back?

If you were Mario Cristobal, would you have taken Simeon Barrow back or told him to stay in Georgia?

The thing is, the majority of us fans, myself included, don’t know the full story of what happened and probably never will. With that in mind, I’m not going to speculate on whether or not I would have allowed him back on the team. So all that leaves me with is one simple question: Are we a better team with Barrow on the squad? Clearly, yes, and that’s good enough for me.

Advertisement
This is the first sign of desperation from Marion IMO. It flys in the face of everything he says he’s trying to do with the culture.

On the other hand we need him and DT help in the worst way so I can see taking him back.

I stand by what I said in another thread through “my biggest concern this season is losing a game because of coaching and the mercenaries quitting on the team which fractures the locker room”
So based off your first two sentences, you know the entire situation, so please, elaborate and share with the rest of us......

This thread is hilarious. Overwhelmingly, the results are yes. However, God forbid someone ever play the hat game with us or wear slippers of another team. Those guys get cursed to high heaven on here and we wish them ACL tears and never want them back. The double standards on this site when stuff goes our way is awesome.
Those guys always ******* suck anyways.

Sense these comments imply these kids are all dumb, guess its a personal contempt for that type of knock.
Makes a lot of sense.

Are you implying that Enterprise hires dumb people? You have to have a minimum of a bachelor’s to work there. But if knocking people at car rental places makes you feel good, go for it buddy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Somewhat off topic, but do we envision a future in which NILs are constructed to incentivize players to not opt out of the "postseason"?

FSU right now:

GIF by South Park

If you were Mario Cristobal, would you have taken Simeon Barrow back or told him to stay in Georgia?

With the current state of the DT position and the fact that he is most definitely in a win now situation with Cam Ward and others then I think he had to take him back. If the circumstances were different then maybe u don't but they weren't so I agree with them taking him back

Advertisement
Sense these comments imply these kids are all dumb, guess its a personal contempt for that type of knock.

Are you suggesting only dumb people make misinformed, risky, or even irresponsible decisions with their finances? Professional sports is literally littered with hundreds of examples of athletes who earned many, many times this young man's NIL ending up bankrupt (or worse) because they were financially illiterate, were taken advantage of, or otherwise made bad investments.

And this particular athlete has apparently already made a poor decision based on misinformation (and, it is rumored, a father with his hand in his son's pocket). You really think its outlandish to think that money isn't going to last him as long as it otherwise could, and that anyone suggesting the NIL money will not last must be implying "these kids" (barrow turns 22 next month, by the way) are all "dumb"?

This 100 ******* percent. Portal has turned CFB into a ****show. Loyalty means nothing. $$$ runs it all now. Time to ****** win for the first time in 20 years.

It'll be nice to win something, but it's hard to literally give a crap anymore. 20 years and what CFB has become, it hardly matters anymore. I used to spend a lot of money on this stuff and plan my day or even week based on GameDay. Now, it's something I DVR and watch when convenient. There's no real emotional attachment anymore, it's a thing to pass the time.

As to this thing, I wasn't there and don't know what went down. I don't have an opinion aside from it all sounding silly as **** when back in the day, people would do anything but kill someone for just an opportunity.

"We need this guy to win right now" is exactly why we are in the mess we've been in for the last 20 years. It's exactly what Coker, Golden and Diaz convinced themselves of and justified all getting the exact same result. You are right that college football has changed but what hasn't changed is that one bad apple can ruin it for all.

Cam Ward never committed to us, enrolled, worked out with team and just said peace out one night mid semester. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
I get where you’re going with this. But in all honesty mediocre coaching is why we’ve sucked. Culture is just an excuse for bad coaching. Culture doesn’t excuse losses to middle Tennessee, FIU, G tech, etc. UGA had over 10 players arrested since like 2022, yet they win.

Advertisement
I get where you’re going with this. But in all honesty mediocre coaching is why we’ve sucked. Culture is just an excuse for bad coaching. Culture doesn’t excuse losses to middle Tennessee, FIU, G tech, etc. UGA had over 10 players arrested since like 2022, yet they win.
Sure it does, players quitting on plays has everything to do with culture. It is a selfish mindset and there clearly weren't enough players that cared about the team enough to speak up to those quitters. Players posting their highlights on social media after losses speaks volumes of your culture.

Now to your coaching point, you are absolutely right that it's been mediocre for 2 decades and plenty of bad losses are due to our staffs. They foster the culture which goes to my initial post as in Mario actually has put a strong emphasis on culture while upgrading the talent where previous coaches ignored the culture at the sake of just talent. Intangibles matter, especially at the highest level

This Staph has to go deep, and I do mean deep into the playoffs.

Which means *** follows:

- You beat both of your in-state rivals. There's absolutely no excuse not to mollywhop the Gatah at their house and beat FSU at your home stadium by at least a touchdown. This is signaling to the Pate State community that you are finally a Serious Program.

- Get past your first hurdle, the ACC Championship Game, especially if your opponent is Clemson.

- Get to a New Year's Six semifinal and win that, especially if the opponent is Taint.

- Lose respectfully against the Dawgs. We're not at their level yet, even with Cam. We're just not. No level of Copium is going to make me believe otherwise. I'm a realist. But I think we can beat Taint, even with their all-world WR that they got from down here that we should have snagged.

- Do all that, and the recruits will WANT to come here and play here just like they do for Kirby and just like they used to do at Tuscaloosa. But this Staph has to get past the bugaboo of not being able to convert recruiting and NIL prowess into results on the scoreboard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back