DAILY DEBATE: Would you have taken Simeon Barrow back?

Advertisement
most cases i would say no ... but we have the leverage, the league is watchin, tank/underperform and your path to the nfl becomes that much harder

We needed a bona fide DT. We got one. Things got flaky as they often do in negotiations, especially with young men. Dude got it worked out. Take him back.

Two addendums though:

1. If he ends up sucking at the end of the year, F this guy.
2. If we were Alabama 6 years ago, we would be in a position to tell Dude to kick rocks. We aren't there. YET!!!!

Advertisement
Hard to answer without knowing what went on behind the scenes, but in terms of need for this years team…yes

Advertisement
This thread is hilarious. Overwhelmingly, the results are yes. However, God forbid someone ever play the hat game with us or wear slippers of another team. Those guys get cursed to high heaven on here and we wish them ACL tears and never want them back. The double standards on this site when stuff goes our way is awesome.

This thread is hilarious. Overwhelmingly, the results are yes. However, God forbid someone ever play the hat game with us or wear slippers of another team. Those guys get cursed to high heaven on here and we wish them ACL tears and never want them back. The double standards on this site when stuff goes our way is awesome.
That or when this happens at a rival like UF or FSU, it’s a “bad look on culture” or it’s a “cluster****, Billy or Norvell is losing the locker room”

It’s a fun double standard to examine.

Advertisement
100000%
If Blount did the same thing to us that he did to fsu
That would have been epic troll job
And we would all be saying he is a bust

So the weather forecast isn't as hot as once thought for the summer?

1717708518740.png

Advertisement
I can't really express an opinion considering I won't know what actually happened.

I'm just glad he's here

FACTS... IDGAF what happened. II aso don't care to know, not my business.

Bottom line: If that dude makes us better, keep him.

How players and staff respond to this process is out of my hands, and I dgaf about that either, bahaha

That or when this happens at a rival like UF or FSU, it’s a “bad look on culture” or it’s a “cluster****, Billy or Norvell is losing the locker room”

It’s a fun double standard to examine.

Absolutely.., I look forward to the double standard “context” explanation how this is vastly different with Mario taking him back vs his recent QB hostage situation or Jeff Thomas from a previous staff…

Just win!!!

The answer really should be...it depends. We don't know the whole story about what happened and how it was handled. Lot of talk the dad is the instigator here. If you think he's a good kid, just had some bad guidance, was respectful to the staff, and never did anything damaging to the program, yeah take him back. However, if this was a straight money grab and he was trying to hold us hostage for more—and/or if you think this one guy could crumble the culture you've been trying to build for 3 years—then you let him walk.

Advertisement
Back