MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Silvers is the new chair of the BOT, unless that changed in the last 3 weeks. And if you mean Kadre is the most powerful member of the BOT that maybe the case, but there are like 80+ trustees so I'm guessing they all have their little cliques. I don't know anything about the interpersonal dynamics of the BOT but I would guess that the Chair of the BOT wields considerable influence overall. And Silver does not seem like a person that would take that particular job and get pushed into the background.
I know it will shock few how definitively you try to act right when you’re beyond wrong on the simplest easily fact checked things. Maybe you spilled some tea on your vj and fell into a multi year slumber

Not only is she not the new chair of the BOT , she began her term in 2021 rip van winkle & Manny Kadre is in fact the chair, just beginning his term this month. Maybe a term that began 3 years ago is “new” to you. And don’t come with the I said “unless it changed in last three weeks” because by no definition of new would her term be. Most recent? Yes. Previous? Yes.

Would you like us to ask @CIS Al Bot to help you learn about google?

IMG_7449.png
IMG_7450.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know it will shock few how definitively you try to act right when you’re beyond wrong on the simplest easily fact checked things. Maybe you spilled some tea on your vj and fell into a multi year slumber

Not only is she not the new chair of the BOT , she began her term in 2021 rip van winkle & Manny Kadre is in fact the chair, just beginning his term this month. Maybe a term that began 3 years ago is “new” to you. And don’t come with the I said “unless it changed in last three weeks” because by no definition of new would her term be. Most recent? Yes. Previous? Yes.

Would you like us to ask @CIS Al Bot to help you learn about google?

View attachment 291758View attachment 291759

Sure, here's a step-by-step guide on how to effectively use Google to search for information:

1. **Open a Web Browser**: Launch your preferred web browser on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge are some popular options.

2. **Go to Google**: In the address bar, type www.google.com and press Enter. This will take you to Google's homepage.

3. **Enter Your Search Query**: In the text field labeled "Google Search" or "Search Google," type in what you're looking for. Be as specific as possible. For example, if you're searching for information on dog breeds, type "dog breeds" into the search bar.

4. **Review Suggestions**: As you type, Google may offer suggestions based on popular searches. These can be helpful if you're not sure how to phrase your query.

5. **Use Quotation Marks for Exact Phrases**: If you're looking for an exact phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, searching for "climate change" will only return results that contain that exact phrase.

6. **Filter Results**: Google provides options to filter your search results. You can do this by clicking on the tabs below the search bar (e.g., Images, Videos, News) to see results in different formats. You can also use the "Tools" button to filter by time, location, and more.

7. **Explore Search Results**: Once you've entered your query, press Enter or click on the magnifying glass icon to perform the search. Google will display a list of relevant websites and other content based on your query.

8. **Click on Search Results**: Review the search results and click on the titles or snippets that seem most relevant to your query. This will take you to the respective webpage where you can find more information.

9. **Refine Your Search**: If you didn't find what you were looking for, try refining your search query by adding more keywords or using different terms.

10. **Use Advanced Search Operators**: Google offers advanced search operators that allow you to fine-tune your search. For example, you can use "site:" to search within a specific website or "related:" to find websites similar to a given one.

11. **Bookmark Useful Pages**: If you find a webpage that contains valuable information, consider bookmarking it for future reference. You can do this by clicking on the star icon in your browser's address bar.

12. **Stay Safe**: Be cautious of the websites you visit, especially if you're clicking on unfamiliar links. Stick to reputable sources to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information you find.

By following these steps, you can effectively use Google to search for a wide range of information on the internet.

Sure, here's a step-by-step guide on how to effectively use Google to search for information:

1. **Open a Web Browser**: Launch your preferred web browser on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge are some popular options.

2. **Go to Google**: In the address bar, type www.google.com and press Enter. This will take you to Google's homepage.

3. **Enter Your Search Query**: In the text field labeled "Google Search" or "Search Google," type in what you're looking for. Be as specific as possible. For example, if you're searching for information on dog breeds, type "dog breeds" into the search bar.

4. **Review Suggestions**: As you type, Google may offer suggestions based on popular searches. These can be helpful if you're not sure how to phrase your query.

5. **Use Quotation Marks for Exact Phrases**: If you're looking for an exact phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, searching for "climate change" will only return results that contain that exact phrase.

6. **Filter Results**: Google provides options to filter your search results. You can do this by clicking on the tabs below the search bar (e.g., Images, Videos, News) to see results in different formats. You can also use the "Tools" button to filter by time, location, and more.

7. **Explore Search Results**: Once you've entered your query, press Enter or click on the magnifying glass icon to perform the search. Google will display a list of relevant websites and other content based on your query.

8. **Click on Search Results**: Review the search results and click on the titles or snippets that seem most relevant to your query. This will take you to the respective webpage where you can find more information.

9. **Refine Your Search**: If you didn't find what you were looking for, try refining your search query by adding more keywords or using different terms.

10. **Use Advanced Search Operators**: Google offers advanced search operators that allow you to fine-tune your search. For example, you can use "site:" to search within a specific website or "related:" to find websites similar to a given one.

11. **Bookmark Useful Pages**: If you find a webpage that contains valuable information, consider bookmarking it for future reference. You can do this by clicking on the star icon in your browser's address bar.

12. **Stay Safe**: Be cautious of the websites you visit, especially if you're clicking on unfamiliar links. Stick to reputable sources to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information you find.

By following these steps, you can effectively use Google to search for a wide range of information on the internet.

🖕 @CIS Al Bot

Anyone that still talks about carriage fees, or getting in more homes for cable boxes is using very old thinking and doesn't understand the reality of what these conferences are trying to build. The smart move is not about getting more territory on the board like it's a game of Risk, the smart move is getting National brands that move the needle in prime time. The only thing people watch live on broadcast are tentpole name brand sporting events. If you decide to add Virginia, just because it's in a new state your conference doesn't have that is going to be a losing proposition for your future TV deals. If you add tent pole, national name recognition programs, FSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Clemson, North Carolina just for the basketball team, then you get to put big promotable tent pole Prime Time games together. Only hardcore college football fans and degenerate gamblers are going to watch Georgia tech at USC kicking off at 10:00 p.m. Eastern. But if you have Michigan against FSU in the early primetime window, and Miami or Clemson at Oregon in the late Prime Time window that's going to get eyeballs. That you can sell to advertisers.
SMART MOVES are to accomplish both ... get premium brands in NEW STATES because even if the "short term flow" of carriage fees is only for the next 5-6 years ... the B10 for example adding the State of Florida is projected to get an immediate bump of $60-100 Million per year in carriage fees. Hence the interest in Texas A&M ... new state with large population base, big bump in carriage fees, fanatic fan base, large stadium that is a great game day environment. That is why SOME people are saying that the initial expansion goal is to ADD IMMEDIATE VALUE by poaching elite brands in new geographic areas, then down the road, when the next media contract is up say in 2030, make the final additions.

What an a**!

@Genetics56

The ideal breakdown would be:19: FSU20: ND21: Texas A&M22: UNC23 and 24: UVA/Georgia Tech/Stanford and the rest of the second tier schools I listed the other day. I don't expect it to get down to the Missouri level once they get to the 23 and 24.

Advertisement
As I said a few days ago, people always underestimate how impactful a visionary leader can be for an organization. Yormark the Destroyer is going to find a way to get the Big 12 payouts to be in the same neighborhood as the P2.

I think Yormark’s style would greatly appeal to the new top dog on the BOT, Laurie Silvers. She spoke to my law school class many years ago and told the story of going from just a small time in-house lawyer for a tiny local cable provider in the mid-west to launching her own tv channel (Sci-Fi network). I could absolutely see her liking the opportunity to be the flagship school in a conference where UM could get paid nearly as much as the P2 (as Yormark is wheeling and dealing, I think he gets them close), but UM would wield vastly more power than it would in the P2 and the conference has far more flexibility to find new revenue opportunities than the P2, which are basically owned and controlled by the tv networks.

Look...this entire post demonstrates how incorrect and out-of-touch you are.

First, with absolutely no factual or statistical evidence whatsoever, you make a baseless claim that "Yormark the Destroyer is going to find a way to get the Big 12 payouts to be in the same neighborhood as the P2". HOW? You're completely full of crap on that. No matter what he does, like selling the naming rights to the league, his efforts can be duplicated or surpassed by the Big 10 and SEC, if they so choose. There is no inherent "untapped greater value" in the Big 12 teams and games than there was yesterday, so he is not going to get a larger network payout based on his good-looks and cool nickname.

As for "the new top dog on the BOT, Laurie Silvers", what planet are you on? Laurie Silvers is now the FORMER Chairman of the BOT. Manny Kadre is now the Chairman of the BOT.

For the love of God, please stop posting on this thread and making it a look-at-me moment every time. Oooooh, everyone else is stealing your ideas, ooooh, everyone else insults you and then says what you once said. Enough already.

You continue to prove that you don't know what you are talking about, with your fact-free boasts and your complete unawareness of the transition with the Chairman of the BOT.

Silvers is the new chair of the BOT, unless that changed in the last 3 weeks. And if you mean Kadre is the most powerful member of the BOT that maybe the case, but there are like 80+ trustees so I'm guessing they all have their little cliques. I don't know anything about the interpersonal dynamics of the BOT but I would guess that the Chair of the BOT wields considerable influence overall. And Silver does not seem like a person that would take that particular job and get pushed into the background.

You are a clown.

1718375265855.png

Advertisement
Things change. Tell that guy to read the 1000 pages.

Agree TOC.

But fwiw (very little), I never for a second believed UM and Clemson were tied together on realignment.

1) FSU and Clemson had been making similar noises about the ACC's shortcomings (there were administrator quotes in the Tally and South Carolina papers) even before Oklahoma/Texas and USC/UCLA announced their moves in 2021 and '22

2) FSU and Clemson are a lot more similar to one another as institutions than they are to UM

3) Maybe it's my North Florida paranoia creeping in, but I believe to my heart FSU and UF want nothing more than to see UM's athletic programs die on the vine. They wouldn't lift a finger to help us unless there was some obvious benefit (like playing the occasional game at JRS to appease their alumni/fans in SoFla). I could see easily see FSU developing a "dual exit strategy" with Clemson (e.g.. simultaneous lawsuits against the ACC) in order to keep UM on the outside. Again, maybe my years living in this part of the state have skewed my views on the subject

Agree TOC.

But fwiw (very little), I never for a second believed UM and Clemson were tied together on realignment.

1) FSU and Clemson had been making similar noises about the ACC's shortcomings (there were administrator quotes in the Tally and South Carolina papers) even before Oklahoma/Texas and USC/UCLA announced their moves in 2021 and '22

2) FSU and Clemson are a lot more similar to one another as institutions than they are to UM

3) Maybe it's my North Florida paranoia creeping in, but I believe to my heart FSU and UF want nothing more than to see UM's athletic programs die on the vine. They wouldn't lift a finger to help us unless there was some obvious benefit (like playing the occasional game at JRS to appease their alumni/fans in SoFla). I could see easily see FSU developing a "dual exit strategy" with Clemson (e.g.. simultaneous lawsuits against the ACC) in order to keep UM on the outside. Again, maybe my years living in this part of the state have skewed my views on the subject

It's all good, sir.

Some posters need to go back two years and figure out the accurate insider information on UM-Clemson, versus what the porsters started to summarize as "information on UM-Clemson".

Nobody ever said "UM and Clemson were tied together on realignment". Nobody ever said we were going to the same conference. Nobody ever said we would do identical things at identical times.

It WAS pointed out that UM and Clemson were somewhat surprising and unlikely partners in looking for a way out of the ACC, due to the connections between Radakovich and Neff. Meaning, both ADs knew the problems with the ACC and knew that the future was not good. AND that they could work together, instead of seeing each other as "rivals".

But, yeah, the less-informed on the board transformed that information into "Miami and Clemson are twins and are going to do everything together". Which was never true. Even before it was known that Fox/CBS/NBC might push the Big 10 to allow one or two non-AAU members, Clemson was always viewed as "likely SEC/unlikely Big 10" and Miami was viewed as "unlikely SEC/likely Big 10". So I'm not sure why people ever thought we were "tied together on realignment".

Once these myths start, they are hard to kill.

Clemson and Miami both know that remaining in the ACC is not a very good option, and there was enough of an AD relationship to work together from the outset.

Last edited:
Look...this entire post demonstrates how incorrect and out-of-touch you are.

First, with absolutely no factual or statistical evidence whatsoever, you make a baseless claim that "Yormark the Destroyer is going to find a way to get the Big 12 payouts to be in the same neighborhood as the P2". HOW? You're completely full of crap on that. No matter what he does, like selling the naming rights to the league, his efforts can be duplicated or surpassed by the Big 10 and SEC, if they so choose. There is no inherent "untapped greater value" in the Big 12 teams and games than there was yesterday, so he is not going to get a larger network payout based on his good-looks and cool nickname.

As for "the new top dog on the BOT, Laurie Silvers", what planet are you on? Laurie Silvers is now the FORMER Chairman of the BOT. Manny Kadre is now the Chairman of the BOT.

For the love of God, please stop posting on this thread and making it a look-at-me moment every time. Oooooh, everyone else is stealing your ideas, ooooh, everyone else insults you and then says what you once said. Enough already.

You continue to prove that you don't know what you are talking about, with your fact-free boasts and your complete unawareness of the transition with the Chairman of the BOT.
Point of order...

I might have coined the phrase "Yormark the Destroyer" and will vigorously defend my IP in court if need be.

Even if I didn't, I'll still file scary sounding lawsuits.

Agree TOC.

They both would love to see UM relegated to the "kiddies table" as that would be a huge handicap in recruiting against teams that are IN the SEC / Big 10, especially further down the road when the TV visibility of the P2 dominates vs the "leftovers". Warchant posters are drooling over the prospect of them heading to the P2 while Miami either languishes in a less competitive ACC or bails to the B12.

Advertisement
Things change. Tell that guy to read the 1000 pages.

Funny thing to say since you were just a complete douche towards me for saying Silver was chair of the BOT, something that literally only changed less than three weeks ago.

I’ve missed most of your responses to my comments- I have had you on ignore for 3 years now ever since it became obvious you very clearly have a mental illness -you cannot have a civil conversation with someone who disagrees with you without resorting to insults.

You are, and I mean this in all sincerity, the single worst poster on this site. You are constantly wrong but people just throw in the towel trying to reason with you because no one wants to deal with your porsting diarrhea.

I get it- you have no friends in real life since you are an insufferable prick, and people have the luxury of walking away when you start being you. Unfortunately for me , this the only good forum to discuss football and it has people like you here so my only option is the ignore button.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back