MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
On one hand, I wouldn’t mind because they’re a good program and a road trip to Salt Lake City, though dry leads to a nice trip to go skiing if it’s late enough in the season, but it’s just not worth the bull**** of having to listen to all the people talk about the u versus the 🙌 as if they remotely the ******* same brand and just ****ing me off and getting boring while still feeling compelled to troll

Bro, I see all this is going over everyone’s head. Lol.

I don’t want Utah on our schedule b/c Mario is 1-3 against Utah as a HC. Lol

Advertisement
Bro, I see all this is going over everyone’s head. Lol.

I don’t want Utah on our schedule b/c Mario is 1-3 against Utah as a HC. Lol
Not over my head just don’t give a **** about what he did at Oregon anymore and I have Utah friends who that’s all they ever do is try to butch up by equating themselves with us

Advertisement
Size of schools doesn't necessarily equate to viewership. This is 2023 "average TV viewers per game":

#7. FSU 3.58 million
#16. U of Florida 2.12 million
#22. Clemson 1.7 million
#32. Miami 1.33 million
#69. USF .463 (four hundred sixty three thousand)

No way that FOX has USF on their short list.
Sad to see how we compare on that list

If / when we start winning, I think our numbers go up.
We suck, again.

1665965444613.gif

Advertisement
Zero chance the B1G gives ND a sweetheart deal.

That's the same kind of non-starter realignment fantasy talk as FSU turning down the SEC to join the B1G.

ND either maintains its set up with a castrated ACC or orchestrates a similar arrangement with a permanently second-tier Big 12.

Period.

JMO

if FSU was given the choice between SEC and B1G, they'd pick the B1G every time. their hatred of ESPN has become absolutely pathological at this point.

That being said, they'd take the SEC in a heartbeat and not think twice if there was any doubt of a B1G offer coming.

Advertisement
Size of schools doesn't necessarily equate to viewership. This is 2023 "average TV viewers per game":

#7. FSU 3.58 million
#16. U of Florida 2.12 million
#22. Clemson 1.7 million
#32. Miami 1.33 million
#69. USF .463 (four hundred sixty three thousand)

No way that FOX has USF on their short list.
Viewership also depends on network carrying the game day and time the game is being played....in my opinion FSU number was inflated because they had more primetime games. FSU brand is no where near the level of The U!!

Yeah, I'm fine with mini-expansion.

And just hear me out...for a LOT of reasons...if you REALLY want to preserve the ACC...then the best plus-one to the Big 10 is...

USF.

Yeah, you heard me.

Recent AAU inductee.
Tampa. If you know where the Big 10 alums live, you get it.
USF is building an on-campus stadium and the student body is ALMOST as big as UCF.

Seriously. Before Fox got involved, the two inviolate criteria for Big 10 membership were "AAU" and "on-campus stadium".

Fight me.
I'm not from Florida but isn't Tampa either east or central Florida? It's like calling Monterey part of Southern California.

I'm not from Florida but isn't Tampa either east or central Florida? It's like calling Monterey part of Southern California.

It’s on the west side (Gulf of Mexico) and just a little further south than Orlando is. I guess technically you could consider the Gulf of Mexico part of the Atlantic and say USF should be an ACC school. Calling themselves the University of South Florida is a bit weird though as they are definitely NOT south Florida in any sense of the term.

Advertisement
Back