Coach Golden has informed staff he will be staying at Miami

View as article
We'll never know what really happened. We can get an idea during his press conference tomorrow.

It can either mean:

-Al Golden was their second option behind Franklin and Muschank and came slithering back here.

-PSU got the sense he was going to decline and quickly set up two interviews for today to end the process quickly.

Either situations are very plausible

LULZ at you expecting to get the truth from his press conference. He wouldn't have put himself out there like he did and risk recruits, his current players and whatever support he had left from the fans if he didn't want that job.

Wake up, people! You guys can't be so dense to think he risked all that just because he enjoys a nice interview every once in awhile. HE GOT REJECTED! DEAL WITH IT!

Gotta to disagree Franchise. Mark got rejected and Al would not go without him. The extra day delay was the two sides playing chicken over where Mark would go - we lost. Like I have said for some time, Al will never get another decent job unless he rids himself of Mark.

Advertisement
So we can look forward to getting Face ****ed by FSU again next year?

THANK GOD AL IS STAYING!

Next year was aloss regardless whos the coach fsu has elite players with the best qb inCFb.

#DeserveMediocrity

I feel u but until we lock down the best sfla players yearly this is what UM will be. Its not like 10 years ago the services r spot on n this y u see a schooll ike fsu reep the benefits of today. 20 years ago that 5 star kid chose fsu n was abust. UM knew who was good back then now the whole world knows n fsu has takin advantage of it. If we cant outrecruit them we will always be where we r now no matter whos coach.

We'll never lock down the best because Al doesn't have a ******* CLUE who the best are. We took Thurston Armbrister instead of James Burgess, Jawand Blue instead of Skai Moore just to name a few.

Give me a ******* break. Get this ****** coach and his conjoined fetus DCoordinator outta my sight!.

Advertisement
How many people would take Randy Shannon back if it meant getting rid of Donritos it pains me to think I would

I hope the Tennessee Titans stadium implodes. They ****ed us BAD. He was GONE. I'm finally at the point where I have no hope.

Every Seminole and Gator fan is rejoicing today.

I got noles laughing at me over this bullsh*t. This is a phucking joke

LMAO @ anybody thinking this was about Dorito. Al didnt get the phucking job. They like somebody else more. After watching him coach, kudos to them for not hiring a terrible coach who loses to teams with inferior talent and won't fire the worst coordinator in the history of our beloved program.

Donna and Fake James need to be flooded with emails over this.

Advertisement
That's because half the people on here act like little girls. Watch him close with a top 5 class, get Valentine back and keep Kaaya.

I'll be rooting against that fat fck harder than I did Shannvo. Shannvo was a dope, but at least he was loyal. This fat fck openly courted Ped State, got rejected and then came back here expecting a ticker tape parade. Fck him to death! It's a hopeless fcking situation at UM right now.

This is like the time Carmen Electra caught Rodman in bed with some chick, and Rodman said, "there's no one here" when the girl was right there next to him.

LOL some of you are nuts. Calling out Golden for not being loyal even though he didn't take the PSU job then openly hoping your team fails so the coach does? How is Golden the unloyal one?

I think that last paragraph was more speculation designed to save face from sources that turned out again to be lousy

[]_[]nique-31;1757888 said:
This part irks a little bit but its also from Ferman so TIFWIW

"Multiple sources told CaneSport.com and Blue White Illustrated, working in tandem on Saturday, that Golden had an agreement in principle to become Penn State's Head Coach.

A press conference announcing the hire was set to take place on Monday.

But overnight something happened that inspired Penn State to agree to talk to former Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak on Sunday morning.

CaneSport had previously reported that Golden expected the deal finalized today. But when rumors of the Munchak flirtation circulated Sunday morning, sources told CaneSport that Golden informed Penn State that he wanted a contract to sign today. When it didn't happen by 4 p.m. - with pressure growing throughout South Florida - he backed out of the deal."

As I said, Munchak getting fired ****ed us real bad.

Golden is a fraud and PSU was our only hope.

When it happened, Medley posted that it felt like the Titans were doing him (or someone) a favor by firing him. After seeing Chris Mortensen's report on this, I totally agree. The timing was too suspect and Munchak's performance in Tennessee wasn't really fireable.

That's because half the people on here act like little girls. Watch him close with a top 5 class, get Valentine back and keep Kaaya.

I'll be rooting against that fat fck harder than I did Shannvo. Shannvo was a dope, but at least he was loyal. This fat fck openly courted Ped State, got rejected and then came back here expecting a ticker tape parade. Fck him to death! It's a hopeless fcking situation at UM right now.

This is like the time Carmen Electra caught Rodman in bed with some chick, and Rodman said, "there's no one here" when the girl was right there next to him.

LOL some of you are nuts. Calling out Golden for not being loyal even though he didn't take the PSU job then openly hoping your team fails so the coach does? How is Golden the unloyal one?

And then watch him waste all that ******* talent cause he can't coach or pick coordinators well.

This is a ******* disagrace.

Advertisement
I'm not sure what any coach can do when you have 1 healthy wide receiver. That isn't an excuse, it is just reality.

The game was a disaster, but we had absolutely no weapons on offense

If this ************ doesn't fire that DC......
Doesn't matter. Did you see the complete failure in all phases and total lack of preparation against Loserville? Duh is Al and Al is Duh. Firing Duh is putting a bandaid on a severed jugular. I've seen that **** too many times here to think a bum like Al will suddenly have a clue with a new stooge running his D.

THANK GOD AL IS STAYING!

Next year was aloss regardless whos the coach fsu has elite players with the best qb inCFb.

#DeserveMediocrity

I feel u but until we lock down the best sfla players yearly this is what UM will be. Its not like 10 years ago the services r spot on n this y u see a schooll ike fsu reep the benefits of today. 20 years ago that 5 star kid chose fsu n was abust. UM knew who was good back then now the whole world knows n fsu has takin advantage of it. If we cant outrecruit them we will always be where we r now no matter whos coach.

These services are not spot on....far from it. Some of the guys doing the evaluations have no coaching and/or playing experience and don't have a clue what they are looking at....they are just writers. I have a friend who writes for some websites, even had some things on bleacher report, and while he's knowleable about players, stats, etc he knows little about scheme, technique, and the other minute details like hand placement, drop step, LB keys, etc that separates kids who are good in HS b/c of pure size or athletic ability vs those who are good b/c they are REALLY good. Every year you see 4-5 star busts and 2-3 star kids blow up. That will always be the case since some kids peak early while others are late bloomers. Then there's always those kids who don't get seen in high school b/c their teams are bad and/or they don't play in the right system....that's where camps are big. It's also about player development and coaching in college. While the internet, services like scout/rivals/24x7 and others have helped these non-Miami schools become aware of some of the lesser known players, the elite players have always been known by everyone.

THANK GOD AL IS STAYING!

#DeserveMediocrity

We'll never lock down the best because Al doesn't have a ****ing CLUE who the best are. We took Thurston Armbrister instead of James Burgess, Jawand Blue instead of Skai Moore just to name a few.

Give me a ****ing break. Get this ****** coach and his conjoined fetus DCoordinator outta my sight!.

No argument there u r right

Advertisement
Official meme for this kerfuffle:
103.jpg

I think that last paragraph was more speculation designed to save face from sources that turned out again to be lousy

[]_[]nique-31;1757888 said:
This part irks a little bit but its also from Ferman so TIFWIW

"Multiple sources told CaneSport.com and Blue White Illustrated, working in tandem on Saturday, that Golden had an agreement in principle to become Penn State's Head Coach.

A press conference announcing the hire was set to take place on Monday.

But overnight something happened that inspired Penn State to agree to talk to former Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak on Sunday morning.

CaneSport had previously reported that Golden expected the deal finalized today. But when rumors of the Munchak flirtation circulated Sunday morning, sources told CaneSport that Golden informed Penn State that he wanted a contract to sign today. When it didn't happen by 4 p.m. - with pressure growing throughout South Florida - he backed out of the deal."

Complete garbage. they make stuff up. all these rivals sites are weirdos.

#DeserveMediocrity

We'll never lock down the best because Al doesn't have a ****ing CLUE who the best are. We took Thurston Armbrister instead of James Burgess, Jawand Blue instead of Skai Moore just to name a few.

Give me a ****ing break. Get this ****** coach and his conjoined fetus DCoordinator outta my sight!.

No argument there u r right

Not necessarily disagreeing with your sentiments, but you facts are incorrect. We didn't directly take Armbrister over Burgess. Armbrister was a VERY late addition to the class; it was several months after Burgess decommitted -- it was way after signing day.

THANK GOD AL IS STAYING!

#DeserveMediocrity

These services are not spot on....far from it. Some of the guys doing the evaluations have no coaching and/or playing experience and don't have a clue what they are looking at....they are just writers. I have a friend who writes for some websites, even had some things on bleacher report, and while he's knowleable about players, stats, etc he knows little about scheme, technique, and the other minute details like hand placement, drop step, LB keys, etc that separates kids who are good in HS b/c of pure size or athletic ability vs those who are good b/c they are REALLY good. Every year you see 4-5 star busts and 2-3 star kids blow up. That will always be the case since some kids peak early while others are late bloomers. Then there's always those kids who don't get seen in high school b/c their teams are bad and/or they don't play in the right system....that's where camps are big. It's also about player development and coaching in college. While the internet, services like scout/rivals/24x7 and others have helped these non-Miami schools become aware of some of the lesser known players, the elite players have always been known by everyone.

Fsu is the main school blocking Um from becoming great because they r getting the elite guys we need like ***** 6 cook etc. We beat them on the trail we beatt hem on the field.

Advertisement
Back