Coach Golden has informed staff he will be staying at Miami

View as article
We'll never know what really happened. We can get an idea during his press conference tomorrow.

It can either mean:

-Al Golden was their second option behind Franklin and Muschank and came slithering back here.

-PSU got the sense he was going to decline and quickly set up two interviews for today to end the process quickly.

Either situations are very plausible

LULZ at you expecting to get the truth from his press conference. He wouldn't have put himself out there like he did and risk recruits, his current players and whatever support he had left from the fans if he didn't want that job.

Wake up, people! You guys can't be so dense to think he risked all that just because he enjoys a nice interview every once in awhile. HE GOT REJECTED! DEAL WITH IT!

Advertisement
Really was desperate for a new coach. Golden has no chance against what Jimbo is building up there. ******* dnofrio

[
101.jpg

Worst day in cane history. This set us back another 5 years keeping him. He's definitely keeping D'onofrio now. He has leverage and showed his "commitment". Smfh. I give up. Mediocrity it is.

Advertisement
Time to boycott Miami football until the Golden regime is ousted.
So long! .... And take the other so-called 'fans' with you.
This board was filled with (and still is,) uninformed conjecture. It appears tat, at the end of the day, AG was the only LOYAL Cane 'round these parts.
To remind you, HE never said he was leaving. It was all the 'know-everything' posters on this board. Quere, did AG lie to anyone? 'Nuff said!

If he comes back with Onfrio I'm in official rooting for us to lose to get the ******* fired mode

Then you're not a Cane fan and can go pound sand.

I'm a miami hurricane fan. Not a coral gables Boy Scout fan. I don't care if their winning or losing. We're not the ****ing miami hurricanes and it SUCKS!!!

If you are rooting for us to lose, you aren't a fan.

Of who the miami hurricanes? **** yea! Till death. But where are they at? Coral gables Boy Scouts? Stanford south? I NEVER signed up for that ****.

what the **** are you talking about? root for your team in good times and bad if not gtfo

Advertisement
[]_[]nique-31;1757888 said:
This part irks a little bit but its also from Ferman so TIFWIW

"Multiple sources told CaneSport.com and Blue White Illustrated, working in tandem on Saturday, that Golden had an agreement in principle to become Penn State's Head Coach.

A press conference announcing the hire was set to take place on Monday.

But overnight something happened that inspired Penn State to agree to talk to former Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak on Sunday morning.

CaneSport had previously reported that Golden expected the deal finalized today. But when rumors of the Munchak flirtation circulated Sunday morning, sources told CaneSport that Golden informed Penn State that he wanted a contract to sign today. When it didn't happen by 4 p.m. - with pressure growing throughout South Florida - he backed out of the deal."

And you believe everything you read? Do you also buy STAR Magazine?

Guys will write anything and everything to push subscriptions and try to be the one outlet that "got it right" and put it out there first. I know one PSU guy that guaranteed the guy was Franklin (and had sources) while 5 others had sources it was Golden. VERY few people know what was going on.....and these reporters for websites don't have a clue. If the likes of ESPN with all their contacts don't know, how does Ferman? That guy is wrong about everything!

You did see me mention it was written by Ferman and TIFWIW right? No? Aw ok! Sure that means I myself didn't take it for 100% truth.

This board was filled with (and still is,) uninformed conjecture. It appears tat, at the end of the day, AG was the only LOYAL Cane 'round these parts.
To remind you, HE never said he was leaving. It was all the 'know-everything' posters on this board. Quere, did AG lie to anyone? 'Nuff said!

87.gif

Well...****. I suppose I am just going to have to hold out hope that Al and Co. will finally come to the realization that his defense simply does not work in this new age of football.

I am quite sure we will be left with the same **** show we have gotten for three years and I will have less hair at the end of next season.

Son of a *****!

Advertisement
I will be the hated one...but this is best for Miami for now....get his class in here,,,make staff changes asap and go win the coastal
I'll take some heat with ya bro. I wanted Al back. It is truly what was best for Miami. A guarenteed Butch was only thing better. That would never happen so I'm down with this. Obviously agree some changes are needed on D. On O addition by subtraction (Morris) will help make us better.

Well I thought he would leave, one thing for sure if the mood of the fans is anywhere like the one of the posters on here, he"s going to have to win back a lot of angry, dejected and in some cases dangerous people.

WTF?

87.gif

Advertisement
I will be the hated one...but this is best for Miami for now....get his class in here,,,make staff changes asap and go win the coastal
I'll take some heat with ya bro. I wanted Al back. It is truly what was best for Miami. A guarenteed Butch was only thing better. That would never happen so I'm down with this. Obviously agree some changes are needed on D. On O addition by subtraction (Morris) will help make us better.

I agree with you guys. At least he is restocking the roster and making it more attractive for a future coach.

Is this real life? People are still defending this guy. btcane, you're the one who isn't a TRUE Cane. No one man is bigger than the U. It's obvious that you care more about this dude and his butt buddy than you do about our once proud and storied program. Al is NOT getting rid of No'D. When the fug are porsters like you gonna get this through your thick skulls. He also is a HORRIBLE game day coach. Are you blind or just hypnotized by Golden?

Advertisement
Back