Coach Golden has informed staff he will be staying at Miami

View as article
I just can't wrap my head around what some of you people see in this guy that is encouraging enough to be excited he's coming back. He has never, literally NEVER had a win in his entire career that would lead you to think he is a good football coach. We have been consistently embarrassed by our rivals and he lost to ******* Duke. The guy is a loser, that is not an opinion that is a fact. He declined games against LSU, now he wants the Louisville game rescheduled. He just doesn't have what it takes, I have seen enough.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter to me if is Al Golden, Coker, Shannon or whoever the next coach would be, I've been a cane since the mid-sixties and been through great to bad times. Hopefully the new talent coming will make us better in 2014. GO CANES!!!

#DeserveMediocrity

I feel u but until we lock down the best sfla players yearly this is what UM will be. Its not like 10 years ago the services r spot on n this y u see a schooll ike fsu reep the benefits of today. 20 years ago that 5 star kid chose fsu n was abust. UM knew who was good back then now the whole world knows n fsu has takin advantage of it. If we cant outrecruit them we will always be where we r now no matter whos coach.

We'll never lock down the best because Al doesn't have a ****ing CLUE who the best are. We took Thurston Armbrister instead of James Burgess, Jawand Blue instead of Skai Moore just to name a few.

Give me a ****ing break. Get this ****** coach and his conjoined fetus DCoordinator outta my sight!.

No argument there u r right

Not necessarily disagreeing with your sentiments, but you facts are incorrect. We didn't directly take Armbrister over Burgess. Armbrister was a VERY late addition to the class; it was several months after Burgess decommitted -- it was way after signing day.

and I'm pretty sure Blue and Moore weren't in the same class. Feel free to bash, but when you include false facts it's tough to listen.

What's Golden's buyout? Because it's clear the only way he's ever leaving is if he gets fired.

I'm all for giving him 1 one year to show he can win meaningful games and show some sort of development.

This sucks....just checked Nole board...quote from Langston regarding Golden "I don't think you will find any Seminole fans upset Golden is staying"

Advertisement
Love Golden as the figure head of the program. Now, lets hope Golden and D'Onofrio can figure out what needs to be done to make the defense more productive. IMO, great day for the program.

Last edited:
Love Golden as the figure head of the program. Now, lets hope Golden and D'Onofrio can figure out what needs to be down to make the defense more productive. IMO, great day for the program.

If they were capable of figuring it out, they would have.

THey've been here 3 years they're not all of a sudden just going to pull some magic fix out of a hat.

Great day for the program? We kept a coach who's average as **** and can't beat a good team to save his life. Yeah...wonderful day.

Last edited:
I just can't wrap my head around what some of you people see in this guy that is encouraging enough to be excited he's coming back. He has never, literally NEVER had a win in his entire career that would lead you to think he is a good football coach. We have been consistently embarrassed by our rivals and he lost to ****ing Duke. The guy is a loser, that is not an opinion that is a fact. He declined games against LSU, now he wants the Louisville game rescheduled. He just doesn't have what it takes, I have seen enough.

Bad argument

Nick Saban's first 5 years at MSU:
6–5–1
6–6
7–5
6-6
10-2

I'm not apologizing for AG, but he took over a program that was down in the dumps -- probably something similar to MSU in the late 90's. I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, but we need to take a little step back from the edge. We have been improving every year. This class is going to be incredibly better than anything we've seen in a very long time.

Our biggest enemy right now is not the coach -- it's time.

Love Golden as the figure head of the program. Now, lets hope Golden and D'Onofrio can figure out what needs to be down to make the defense more productive. IMO, great day for the program.

If they were capable of figuring it out, they would have.

THey've been here 3 years they're not all of a sudden just discover a fix out of nowhere.

Great day for the program? We kept a coach who's average as **** and can't beat a good team to save his life. Yeah...wonderful day.

Read this people and let it sink in... smh

Advertisement
I just can't wrap my head around what some of you people see in this guy that is encouraging enough to be excited he's coming back. He has never, literally NEVER had a win in his entire career that would lead you to think he is a good football coach. We have been consistently embarrassed by our rivals and he lost to ****ing Duke. The guy is a loser, that is not an opinion that is a fact. He declined games against LSU, now he wants the Louisville game rescheduled. He just doesn't have what it takes, I have seen enough.

Bad argument

6–5–1
6–6
7–5
6-6
10-2

I'm not apologizing for AG, but he took over a program that was down in the dumps -- probably something similar to MSU in the late 90's. I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, but we need to take a little step back from the edge. We have been improving every year. This class is going to be incredibly better than anything we've seen in a very long time.

You know, at first I was ****ed that Al would stay, then I realized that this admin would have dragged the hiring process for weeks, only to land either CJ or Benedict Cristobal. The program would be in even worse shape. Butch or Petrino were never going to happen. People need to think with their heads and not with their hearts.

****, even if Al is canned in a few years, we'll be loaded with talent from Top 10 recruiting classes and the next coach will reap it for his benefit.

Bad argument

6–5–1
6–6
7–5
6-6
10-2

You know, at first I was ****ed that Al would stay, then I realized that this admin would have dragged the hiring process for weeks, only to land either CJ or Benedict Cristobal. The program would be in even worse shape. Butch or Petrino were never going to happen. People need to think with their heads and not with their hearts.

****, even if Al is canned in a few years, we'll be loaded with talent from Top 10 recruiting classes and the next coach will reap it for his benefit.

I love how everyone just automatically assumes Golden is going to pull in top classes every year.

If we keep sucking he's not sniffing any more top classes. This is just horrible logic.

Bad argument

6–5–1
6–6
7–5
6-6
10-2

Go look up Golden's CAREER record against ranked opponents. The ******* guy is 1-12 against teams with winning records. **** your own face for comparing him to Saban.

over on West End Zone there are about 70 posters who are vehemently anti-Golden now, delusional kids.

then come over here where there are about 70 posters backing Golden

yet somehow the "Miami fanbase" is going to not show up to the FSU game because for three days 7 months before .....
Golden was rumored to be going to coach his Alma Mater where he played football?!!

insane idiots

Like I said in another thread, does he realize he's lost a lot of the fanbase?

95% of the base had no clue this was all taking place, he lost some posters for a couple of weeks....

LMAO, exactly this site has maybe 1k fans, 50% which are ****ed he's coming back "but he's lost the fans".

Time to move on.

Advertisement

Bad argument

6–5–1
6–6
7–5
6-6
10-2

Was Al Golden a highly regarded NFL coordinator under a HOF coach? Saban was. Stop telling me about records as if everything is in a vacuum.

Advertisement
As I said, Munchak getting fired ****ed us real bad.

Golden is a fraud and PSU was our only hope.

When it happened, Medley posted that it felt like the Titans were doing him (or someone) a favor by firing him. After seeing Chris Mortensen's report on this, I totally agree. The timing was too suspect and Munchak's performance in Tennessee wasn't really fireable.

I don't follow the NFL much, but I did read that Munchak was told by his GM that he could keep his job if he fired folks from his staff.
At that point, he probably saw the writing was on the wall and he it was only a matter of time before he would get fired as well, be it next
season,whatever.
At that point, someone from PSU probably reached out to him which, I suspect, led to Munchak asking Tennessee to fire him.
Tennessee gets to look for their new HC and possibly not have to pay Munchak if/when he gets the PSU gig, and Munchak gets to return
home and gets at least 4-5 years of relatively little pressure (of getting canned).

ALso, Munchak played in (no-pun intended) Penn State's Golden era.
He won a national championship in 1982.
He was teammates with Matt Millen, Todd Blackledge and other former players who remain involved with the program,
and who follow college football....I'm guessing those guys like Al Golden the person, but probably realize he is not a good
coach for their alma-mater.
In summary, the timing of that firing was not coincidental at all.
Easy to connect the dots here, IMO.

that's a lie.

Florida was #12 and completely healthy when we beat them.
he beat North Carolina being down by 12 in the fourth and losing our best running back
he beat Georgia Tech coming from 17 behind, after losing to GTECH in years previous

all the same teams he lost to this year he has beaten in the past except FSU.

Bad argument

6–5–1
6–6
7–5
6-6
10-2

I call BS right now, no no no no no fricking way this is true! Saban is a genius, a mastermind he came from the football heavens and kicked *** and took names from the get go! He was a coaching genius stud from the very first time! There is no way this can be true! Bullocks! I say, Bullocks!

Bad argument

6–5–1
6–6
7–5
6-6
10-2

Go look up Golden's CAREER record against ranked opponents. The ****ing guy is 1-12 against teams with winning records. **** your own face for comparing him to Saban.

Glad that we speak like human beings here. His previous position was at TEMPLE. TEMPLE IS NEVER GOING TO BEAT A RANKED TEAM. It's all relative. He got them to win against their level of competition. This is ridiculous. It's completely fair to compare him to any college coach in the era. Did you mean that I likened him to Saban? Maybe I can accept that.

Use your brain. Think for yourself. Don't ever listen to the hype -- positive or negative.

Advertisement
Back