2025 Chris "CJ" Ewald 4* CB (Chaminade)

I think he's better than Merritt tho. But you right behind Hanks & Jaboree. Pickett playing safety with Stubs
It's going to be interesting to see because I think he wants to play corner but his NFL upside is more than likely at safety

Advertisement
It's going to be interesting to see because I think he wants to play corner but his NFL upside is more than likely at safety
You right i think they would start him at corner first in camp but he's so dam tall it's gonna be tough

You right i think they would start him at corner first in camp but he's so dam tall it's gonna be tough
He's probably going to be a top two round pick regardless whether he plays corner or safety, look at how things turned out with Stevenson A lot of people thought his money position in the league would be safety but he had an outstanding rookie year at corner and looks like he's going to be one of the best young DB's in the game

Advertisement
It’s not 1993 anymore.

If your DB isn’t physical, they’re going to get abused in the WR screen game.

It’s amazing how short people’s memories are.

TrumpyCane had an argument on twitter about this, said Deion wouldn't be as good in the modern game

Bias because TrumpyCane a Jets fan but Revis>Sanders

Which is why I conclude we need to just trust Guidry and Jackson here, and hope they stack so many chips that we can handle the hit when a few don't pan out. No one is worried about Cyrus Moss, Wayne and Achaempong right now. Keep stacking.
This is the most level headed and reasonable take I've seen thus far. Although with respect to just trusting Guidry and Jackson, what exactly is the alternative? Like you said, let them do their thing and if the kid doesn’t pan out then he doesn't pan out.

The difference between Cristobal and previous staff's is that with previous staffs, if we signed Ewald and he bombed, we would be scrood because our recruiting philosophy was reactive where with Mario, the philosophy is proactive. Now, if we sign a player who in retrospect isn't good enough, he will be overwhelmed by the stiff competition (pause) and not be in a position to be exposed on game day.

I understand that the secondary has not yet reached that level of depth and talent as that unit has been the last to be addressed through recruiting. However, with Cristobal's system in place the above will be accomplished in short order.

What time is his commitment to UGA tonight?
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
He's probably going to be a top two round pick regardless whether he plays corner or safety, look at how things turned out with Stevenson A lot of people thought his money position in the league would be safety but he had an outstanding rookie year at corner and looks like he's going to be one of the best young DB's in the game
You right, I bet he can make it work at corner tho since he's so fluid and has crazy deep speed

D. Sanders wasn't physical, if he can cover, that's good enough for me.
That's the issue. He was absolutely bar b que chicken flambe'd on that ESPN game on tv. He DID NOT look good and has slid in rankings this pre season...I'm not saying he can't be better than last season and with working with Coach Jackson but at least he got tools we can work with to get better

Advertisement
They rather pass on him, but are fired up about taking two unknown 0 star o-linemen last year lol.
Lol right... But I'm seriously asking and I'm not being sarcastic. I really want to know why uga wants him so bad but ppl here talk as if we should just let him walk.

Lol right... But I'm seriously asking and I'm not being sarcastic. I really want to know why uga wants him so bad but ppl here talk as if we should just let him walk.
He got cooked in a few games that were (I think) nationally televised, and that’s the only time most of us have really seen him play. I don’t pretend to have a good eye for db talent so I’m indifferent, but that’s why.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back