2025 Chris "CJ" Ewald 4* CB (Chaminade)

Advertisement
Which makes it even more wild that UGA wants him so bad. It’d be different if he was just an absolute blazer that wasn’t overly physical, but he isn’t. I don’t know man lol
Even more wild that Mario wants him if…..he’s not tUfF and FiZICal. Must be the star ***** in him

Gonna be a fascinating recruitment to follow

I only saw him once last year and he didn’t look very good. But I don’t know enough personally

For the last 15 years Ewald would be the highest ranked CB in the class. He could be CB4 in this class if all goes right. Not saying that absolves everything but we will see how it plays out
This is a great take. As long as he’s not the best CB in our class..I’m fine with it. (If we get him). Pair him with a combination of Pickett/Hanks/Slime/Aidling and even better.

I have not given much energy into recruiting this year.... and based on what im reading, it seem like Y'all don't think he's Miami caliber.....

So can someone pleeeeeease explain to me why uga wants him so bad??

Advertisement
That Koger kid from St. Francis was cooking ewald in the game I watched....also surprised to see koger rated so low and just got a cb to usf

Just because UGA takes a SFL kid means he’s automatically elite?

They took Marcus Rosemy. Doubt he ever had 500 yards in a season and went undrafted.

They took Marvin Jones, Jr. Still TBD on his career but he never saw the field and bounced.

They took Tyrique from down here. Barely played and wound up back home.

Yeah, they’ve had some hits. Sony, Campbell, Kenny McIntosh. But it’s not like the kid is automatically a stud if he gets pulled to Athens from Dade/Broward/Palm Beach.
Tyrique played he just wanted to be a pure corner and Kirby was messing with him. So he came here with a promise he’d be a corner and now he’s in the league playing corner

Advertisement
Me watching him on National TV told me more than LCE. He didn't look good.
I’m with this. At the end of the day I want the best players and I don’t care what their star ranking is. But I remember seeing him in the game you are mentioning and thought the same.

The most dominant defenses filled with absolute monsters probably since Miami’s run wants this kid bad and we don’t think he’s good enough to play here? I understand uga misses like everyone but our db’s don’t usually have the big boys on their visit list so am struggling to understand how uga is that off if Ewald is as advertised here on cis

This is a great take. As long as he’s not the best CB in our class..I’m fine with it. (If we get him). Pair him with a combination of Pickett/Hanks/Slime/Aidling and even better.
All scholarships matter, just saying with the DB recruiting this year being what Mario is “taking personal” I’ll wait to see how it all shakes out.

Advertisement
Which makes it even more wild that UGA wants him so bad. It’d be different if he was just an absolute blazer that wasn’t overly physical, but he isn’t. I don’t know man lol

Which is why I conclude we need to just trust Guidry and Jackson here, and hope they stack so many chips that we can handle the hit when a few don't pan out. No one is worried about Cyrus Moss, Wayne and Achaempong right now. Keep stacking.

Advertisement
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Advertisement
Back