2025 Chris "CJ" Ewald 4* CB (Chaminade)

Drop candidate in the winter imo but I guess let’s see how his senior year goes. The ranking drop he’s experienced coincides with what a lot of us have seen on film.

I’d keep recruiting corners with speed and that excel at being able to locate / high-point the football. If we see major improvement, then we’ll be happy we took him early. But as of right now, not too impressed with his film, and even more puzzled Kirby is fighting hard for him. Michigan cooled on him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Drop candidate in the winter imo but I guess let’s see how his senior year goes. The ranking drop he’s experienced coincides with what a lot of us have seen on film.

I’d keep recruiting corners with speed and that excel at being able to locate / high-point the football. If we see major improvement, then we’ll be happy we took him early. But as of right now, not too impressed with his film, and even more puzzled Kirby is fighting hard for him. Michigan cooled on him.

Really doubt they will fight now with UGA for a Chaminade kid just to be drop.. Look a lot like the Columbus lineman last year. You keep it and let the portal decide his future in one or two years.

Really doubt they will fight now with UGA for a Chaminade kid just to be drop.. Look a lot like the Columbus lineman last year. You keep it and let the portal decide his future in one or two years.
If he’s the fourth best option in the class like Russell clearly was, then yes I agree. CB recruiting is as dire as DT recruiting was in 2024, so we’ll see how that shakes up.

Personally, this CB class will not be good enough if Ewald is amongst our top 2 cornerback recruits. That’s JMO as of right now.

Advertisement
If he’s the fourth best option in the class like Russell clearly was, then yes I agree. CB recruiting is as dire as DT recruiting was in 2024, so we’ll see how that shakes up.

Personally, this CB class will not be good enough if Ewald is amongst our top 2 cornerback recruits. That’s JMO as of right now.
In that we agree 100%

Which makes it even more wild that UGA wants him so bad. It’d be different if he was just an absolute blazer that wasn’t overly physical, but he isn’t. I don’t know man lol
I think , from what I read, they are going to go hard after Hanks, too

Advertisement
D. Sanders wasn't physical, if he can cover, that's good enough for me.
I will say, CB's are being asked to be more physical in today's football with the spread offenses, and all the screen action they see on the perimeter. You do need to be somewhat physical, and solid tackler in todays game.

CB's are on an island, and need to be able to get off blocks, and make open field tackles.

When you watch those UGA, Alabama, Clemson defenses those DB's would drive WR's back get off blocks with explosive physicality and wipe out screens.

From UGA 247 site within the hour:

We've been monitoring the Chris Ewald Jr. situation since he's coming off a Georgia official visit, and Donte Williams has done a good job maintaining this relationship. As late as 10 p.m. last night, this was still an ongoing battle between Georgia and Miami. This is someone that had been trending Miami for most of this process, but Georgia took a late stab at it. Ewald's set to make a decision later today. At this hour, I'm still expecting Miami to be the choice, so I wouldn't be holding your breath for any surprise news on that front.

That said...

Georgia's still in line for some good news today, I'm told.

Guess there is someone else announcing today that will pick UGA

Advertisement
I have not given much energy into recruiting this year.... and based on what im reading, it seem like Y'all don't think he's Miami caliber.....

So can someone pleeeeeease explain to me why uga wants him so bad??
They rather pass on him, but are fired up about taking two unknown 0 star o-linemen last year lol.

The most dominant defenses filled with absolute monsters probably since Miami’s run wants this kid bad and we don’t think he’s good enough to play here? I understand uga misses like everyone but our db’s don’t usually have the big boys on their visit list so am struggling to understand how uga is that off if Ewald is as advertised here on cis
UGA and Michigan wanted him bad and I trust their DB Evaluations. Put Ewald with guys like Pickett, Stubs, Hanks, Merritt, Wallace, Jaborree and we'll be fine

Luckily he'll be the 4th best CB at best in this class

Advertisement
Back