2025 Chris "CJ" Ewald 4* CB (Chaminade)

Advertisement
He got cooked in a few games that were (I think) nationally televised, and that’s the only time most of us have really seen him play. I don’t pretend to have a good eye for db talent so I’m indifferent, but that’s why.
Ooh okay. Thanks. Well we'll definitely see what he's really about this year.

In that we agree 100%
Hold onto your hat because we have agreed twice today lol. And he very well may be the 3 or 4 corner. But our room is so bad, I can see why they are taking a swing here. Plus his high school means something. My guess is they will up the bag down the stretch on a kid who can play right away and portal for another starter. We will see

Advertisement
You can’t teach someone to be physical like that.
I’d still take him in this class. But he’s got to be CB4 because it’ll take some time to TRY to teach someone to stick their **** in there.
lmao you absolutely can! It’s mental. And it’s not like this kid refuses to hit, he’s just not great at it.. YET! You make this guy focus on tackling as the number one priority of his freshman year along with the weight room, he’ll be alright. You put a puttycat to run with dogs, in time, he has that dog mentality! I played football long enough to have known plenty of guys who were timid about contact and became big hitters and vice versa. In fact, my sophomore year in HS I was one of them.. 2 years later, other players feared me!!

Hold onto your hat because we have agreed twice today lol. And he very well may be the 3 or 4 corner. But our room is so bad, I can see why they are taking a swing here. Plus his high school means something. My guess is they will up the bag down the stretch on a kid who can play right away and portal for another starter. We will see
We've had " 3 or 4 " corners for years, which is why our CB room has been trashed by everybody. If you shoot for a 3 or 4 corner, that's what you will get. Every CB we recruit should have the potential to be the #1 corner in the room, or we should pass.

UGA going after him as kept his stock high. If he commits to us, he gonna plummit faster than Jayden Wayne did 😂😂😂😂.

He seems like scheme guy. Like those old Tampa 2 CBs Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith used to turn into all pros but look like hot garbage soon as they saw another scheme.

Advertisement
Gaby says commitment is at 7pm and I quote

"Me gusta los huracanes"
1719518614419.gif

UGA going after him as kept his stock high. If he commits to us, he gonna plummit faster than Jayden Wayne did 😂😂😂😂.

He seems like scheme guy. Like those old Tampa 2 CBs Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith used to turn into all pros but look like hot garbage soon as they saw another scheme.
Sounds like what good coaches do. Find players that fit your scheme and have them playing better than expected.

The trolls are out today. I hope this kid picks Miami and proves all these haters wrong.

Objective criticisms of a player shouldn't be considered hating.

We've ended up signing several corners with a similar profile in recent years (good measurables but runs like a safety, has poor ball skills, and isn't physical) and have paid the price for it on the field season after season.

There are some who likely consider him to be more of the same, but if he's CB4 in a class with three elites then the focus will be on the whales we landed as we try to flip a room that's been terribly weak for years.

Maybe he's a better player than he looked like in those nationally televised games last year, but no one should just dismiss those performances because he's considered a Miami lean.

Advertisement
Agree again !

Objective criticisms of a player shouldn't be considered hating.

We've ended up signing several corners with a similar profile in recent years (good measurables but runs like a safety, has poor ball skills, and isn't physical) and have paid the price for it on the field season after season.

There are some who likely consider him to be more of the same, but if he's CB4 in a class with three elites then the focus will be on the whales we landed as we try to flip a room that's been terribly weak for years.

Maybe he's a better player than he looked like in those nationally televised games last year, but no one should just dismiss those performances because he's considered a Miami lean.
This is the same board that has established any criticism of Mario or Miami as moping. Don't expect this one to hit bud.

Advertisement
Lol right... But I'm seriously asking and I'm not being sarcastic. I really want to know why uga wants him so bad but ppl here talk as if we should just let him walk.
Just because of physicality, but he's smooth off ball CB with good ball skills and at a pipeline school here. UGA wants him cause they sign other monster corners these past few years that are physical that can make up for it. Same reason why I would take him here with 3 other CBs that can make up for it

Advertisement
Back