2025 Chris "CJ" Ewald 4* CB (Chaminade)

Advertisement
He won't play at Georgia tho, hope he represents & stays home at the U
If he ain't good enough to play at georgia then idk why you think that's the kind of guys you think we need if georgia is the so called standard right now. You're basically saying lets take 2nd tier players from south Florida because they're local kids

Guys on here have been negative about Ewald from the start. I looked back at earlier threads and there were a ton of locals who were saying he's overrated.

Seems like the shine is slowly coming off, too. Since January, 247's composite has dropped him from #87 to #169, and that's only because Rivals rates him at #40. He's #90, #217 and #274 on 247, ESPN and On3 respectively. That's still **** good, but a big drop.

What the heck happened to all the elite talent in the tri-county? Really down year for top guys this class. Mills at #84 is the only South Florida kid in the Composite Top 100. You've got Hanks at #111, Ewald at #169, Montgomery at #172, Moore at #196, Louis at #213, Bryce Fitzgerald at #219 and Desinor at #241.

Are some in here really talking about let Georgia have him? He's good enough for Georgia but not for us?
1000039999.gif

Advertisement
Are some in here really talking about let Georgia have him? He's good enough for Georgia but not for us?
View attachment 292983

Just because UGA takes a SFL kid means he’s automatically elite?

They took Marcus Rosemy. Doubt he ever had 500 yards in a season and went undrafted.

They took Marvin Jones, Jr. Still TBD on his career but he never saw the field and bounced.

They took Tyrique from down here. Barely played and wound up back home.

Yeah, they’ve had some hits. Sony, Campbell, Kenny McIntosh. But it’s not like the kid is automatically a stud if he gets pulled to Athens from Dade/Broward/Palm Beach.

Just because UGA takes a SFL kid means he’s automatically elite?

They took Marcus Rosemy. Doubt he ever had 500 yards in a season and went undrafted.

They took Marvin Jones, Jr. Still TBD on his career but he never saw the field and bounced.

They took Tyrique from down here. Barely played and wound up back home.

Yeah, they’ve had some hits. Sony, Campbell, Kenny McIntosh. But it’s not like the kid is automatically a stud if he gets pulled to Athens from Dade/Broward/Palm Beach.
Watch his tape vs. top dudes. He’s not impressive. UGA can like him all they want. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be a hit. Besides a lot of those UGA CBs extremely underperform unlike Bama’s in their run.

If he ain't good enough to play at georgia then idk why you think that's the kind of guys you think we need if georgia is the so called standard right now. You're basically saying lets take 2nd tier players from south Florida because they're local kids
These boys signed Ellis Robinson and Dalen Everett the year before. Is he playing over them I'm saying, might end up in portal unless he wants to wait like 2 years there. I'm simply saying business decision

Advertisement
I think he fits UGA's scheme and what they ask of their CBs much better than what Guidry does. I'd be thrilled with the pickup but won't be sad to see him choose UGA.

Gaby says the election is too close to call.

Says no decision has been made but yesterday he was getting "georgia vibes" whatever the **** that means

But says miami camp still thinks they can get it done.

50/50 tossup.

I’m glad someone said this. As soon as I read that post I’m thinking wtf *** backwards thought that was.

You are spot on. If they can’t play at Georgia then why would we want them at Miami. That’s some beta ****.

I want players good enough to play at the best programs. No clue how good this kid is so it’s whatever if he picks Miami or not.

FWIW- as of 8 pm last night, Rusty Mansell and Jake Rowe from UGA site posted that they were hearing more buzz around Miami at that point.

They reiterated that Ewald was a "take" for them and that the staff had pushed on the OV

Advertisement
This is what the UGA ON3 mod said about Ewald:

"UGA has been recruiting him hard for awhile and he's a really interesting recruit for me.

Very twitchy, smooth athlete who has tremendous potential as a pure cover guy. Also very slight of frame and a bit timid as a tackler and not very physical. He has some stuff you can't teach and he's lacking some stuff that is, in theory, teachable. But the stuff he's lacking is really hard to teach
."

Sounds like what a number of posters on CIS have been saying....

"UGA has been recruiting him hard for awhile and he's a really interesting recruit for me.

Very twitchy, smooth athlete who has tremendous potential as a pure cover guy. Also very slight of frame and a bit timid as a tackler and not very physical. He has some stuff you can't teach and he's lacking some stuff that is, in theory, teachable. But the stuff he's lacking is really hard to teach
."

Exactly. The stuff he's lacking is really hard to teach. So just pass, there are plenty of CBs out there with all the traits.

Advertisement
Gonna be a fascinating recruitment to follow

I only saw him once last year and he didn’t look very good. But I don’t know enough personally

For the last 15 years Ewald would be the highest ranked CB in the class. He could be CB4 in this class if all goes right. Not saying that absolves everything but we will see how it plays out

."

What’s he lacking? Instinct?

Advertisement
Back