Canes vs LBSU game 2. The quest for hits and runs

Advertisement
I know, I know.....it's not like he had the daunting task of playing Virginia Commonwealth.

Both were huge favorites at home Super Regionals last year.

The difference is Miami cashed in. Louisville didn't.

I guess if Miami had lost to VCU you'd be making the same apologies for them?

Of course not.

How is it that you're stuck on 2015?

The guy has built a CWS team with kids from Kentucky and you don't think he could do even better in a better recruiting area?

No he hasn't.

His best players on this team are from Pennsylvania and Illinois.

In 2007 his best players were from Florida (Dominguez, Cates) and Pennsylvania (Whiting).

Same in 2013-14. Illinois and Pennsylvania.

He is not winning with Kentucky kids.

And what does it matter? The guy was a huge home favorite and lost! He had the most talent and lost! Last season wasn't a talent issue.

Do you think Jim Morris could accomplish more in Miami than he did in Georgia Tech?

The issue wasn't about accomplishing more.

The issue was what more of an advantage would he need above being a national seed at home against an inferior opponent?

You seem to think he needs more of an advantage.

What good would being in Coral Gables do when the guy failed to reach the CWS in 1993 at home as a huge favorite?

What more of an advantage does he need?

ATLANTIC - Georgia Tech (5/27)
-------- -------------------

* 3 Wichita State (4-1) 51-15 5 8 Mo. Valley
4 Ohio State (3-2) 41-17 -- -- Big-10
1 Georgia Tech (2-2) 45-12 4 4 ACC #1
5 East Carolina (1-2) 40-17 -- -- Colonial champ
2 South Carolina (1-2) 38-18-1 25 22 SEC-E #2
6 Liberty (0-2) 23-23 -- -- Big South champ

Who said he was a huge favorite?

He was in the old 6-team regional format with a top 8 team as his 3-seed.

He was the favorite but not by much.

Advertisement
The guy has built a CWS team with kids from Kentucky and you don't think he could do even better in a better recruiting area?

No he hasn't.

His best players on this team are from Pennsylvania and Illinois.

In 2007 his best players were from Florida (Dominguez, Cates) and Pennsylvania (Whiting).

Same in 2013-14. Illinois and Pennsylvania.

He is not winning with Kentucky kids.

And what does it matter? The guy was a huge home favorite and lost! He had the most talent and lost! Last season wasn't a talent issue.

So if you lose at Louisville with a great team, there's no way to do better at a better baseball school?

1 Georgia Tech (2-2) 45-12 4 4 ACC #1

Do you think Jim Morris could accomplish more in Miami than he did in Georgia Tech?

The issue wasn't about accomplishing more.

The issue was what more of an advantage would he need above being a national seed at home against an inferior opponent?

You seem to think he needs more of an advantage.

He would get more of an advantage with the quality of players he would have to choose from, as well as the infrastructure of an established program.

Did Jim Morris need the extra advantages of Miami in order to get out of a regional?

You refuse to accept that he basically took over a poor man's Kentucky.

I've acknowledged that and credited him for it.

Again I'm able to make rational arguments against people I respect and think have done a good job.

You're just an arsonist who refuses to accept how good we've been the last few years.

Advertisement
What good would being in Coral Gables do when the guy failed to reach the CWS in 1993 at home as a huge favorite?

What more of an advantage does he need?

1 Georgia Tech (2-2) 45-12 4 4 ACC [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL]

Who said he was a huge favorite?

He was in the old 6-team regional format with a top 8 team as his 3-seed.

He was the favorite but not by much.

He had the #1 team in the nation and finished 3rd in his regional.

You refuse to accept that he basically took over a poor man's Kentucky.

I've acknowledged that and credited him for it.

Again I'm able to make rational arguments against people I respect and think have done a good job.

You're just an arsonist who refuses to accept how good we've been the last few years.

How good we've been? We have one win in Omaha in seven years. One single win.

You really missed that? McConnell's team TODAY is nothing short of a miracle compared to what he walked in to.

So the fact that the delta at Louisville is greater than Miami goes without saying. Louisville wasn't a very good program when McDonnell arrived.

But that says nothing about right now given that Miami has performed better than Louisville.

Morris' program TODAY is less than what it was on that same date for Louisville.

The same date that McDonnell was hired?

Miami was 42-24 and a 2-seed.

Now they're coming off a 50-17 national seed and are currently 48-11 with a national seed.

You're awful at this.

Advertisement
Miami has not outperformed Louisville in 2016. Miami did not outperform Louisville in 2014. Somehow you managed to find two seasons in there somewhere.

So we'll give Miami 2015 and say that 2016 is a wash.

For now.

So your boy hasn't outperformed the old man in the last two seasons.

You really missed that? McConnell's team TODAY is nothing short of a miracle compared to what he walked in to.

So the fact that the delta at Louisville is greater than Miami goes without saying. Louisville wasn't a very good program when McDonnell arrived.

But that says nothing about right now given that Miami has performed better than Louisville.

Say what? Louisville outperformed Miami in 2012, 2013, and 2014. All you have to go on is 2015 when they played Cal State Fullerton and we played Virginia Commonwealth.

Small sample size. Can't judge a guy based on one weekend, right Stony Brook?

I don't think that Miami team was very good.

Nobody disputes Louisville's ability last year. They just flopped.

And it took Jim Morris 19 years to lose a home regional. McDonnell did it in year 4 with a national seed.

Advertisement
Morris' program TODAY is less than what it was on that same date for Louisville.

The same date that McDonnell was hired?

Miami was 42-24 and a 2-seed.

Now they're coming off a 50-17 national seed and are currently 48-11 with a national seed.

You're awful at this.

You and I both know that I am not awful at this. In fact, your contradictions are starting to revert back on each other at such a rate that you don't even know what you intend to write.

So now your big point is that Miami is better now under Jim Morris than Miami was in 2007 under Jim Morris. Got it.

Advertisement
Back