Canes vs LBSU game 2. The quest for hits and runs

I think our program has slipped under Jim Morris, especially at this point in his career.

McDonnell at the height of his powers, in his prime, has failed to out-perform the guy who has let his program 'slip'!

In the last two years Miami has won more games and advanced further in the postseason than Louisville.

You are so obsessed with 5 years ago. It's incredible.

Wait, wait, wait........Dan McConnell is in his prime and at the height of his powers? Dude is like 45 years old in his first head coaching gig. He took over a program that had no interest in making the post-season. He is in Kentucky. And he has built Louisville into one of the most consistent and successful powers in the country.

And you think this is it for him? This is his peak?

You're struggling here, Titan.

Advertisement
Is it really that irrational to have that opinion?

It's totally irrational to claim that Morris has slipped and McDonnell is great when Miami has been equal with or has out-performed Louisville over the last two seasons.

Compare Louisville in 2001 to Louisville today.
Now compare Miami in 2001 to Miami today.

Even you're not this bad. And you're bad.

Morris has done the 1-2 thing for 15 years now at a program that used to win championships. That's why he gets killed.

McDonnell's high water mark was going 1-2 in Omaha in his first season.

He's never reached that point again in 9 years.

You crush Morris for 'only' going 1-2 in Omaha but praise McDonnell when he loses a home Super Regional.

McDonnell has done that with a glorified version of UCF. Morris has been stuck in idle with one of the five legendary Omaha-bound programs.

Thank God we're going to go through the first two rounds without playing a 1- or 2- seed........again.

FYI - McConnell took over a program that had been to one regional since the inception of mankind. Now they're a national seed every year.

And I credit him for that.

The difference is you fail to acknowledge that Miami has out-performed him in the last two seasons.

He made it to Omaha in 2014. We didn't. Please apologize for your "last two seasons" error.

In 2015 he lost to Fullerton in a small sample size by one run in game three. I know, I know.....it's not like he had the daunting task of playing Virginia Commonwealth.

And he's doing that in bumble fck Kentucky. Put him in Coral Gables and he could build a summer home in Omaha.

What good would being in Coral Gables do when the guy failed to reach the CWS last year at home as a huge favorite?

What more of an advantage does he need?

Advertisement
And he's doing that in bumble fck Kentucky. Put him in Coral Gables and he could build a summer home in Omaha.

What good would being in Coral Gables do when the guy failed to reach the CWS last year at home as a huge favorite?

The guy has built a CWS team with kids from Kentucky and you don't think he could do even better in a better recruiting area?

Do you think Jim Morris could accomplish more in Miami than he did in Georgia Tech?

That's how dumb your question was.

Wait, wait, wait........Dan McConnell is in his prime and at the height of his powers? Dude is like 45 years old in his first head coaching gig.

Yes.

He's in his prime. Early-to-mid 40's to mid-50's. He's been a head coach for 9 years. He's at a highly resourceful program in a power conference.

He also now makes $1 million a year.

The guy is enjoying the height of his career and he isn't out-performing the old man you want to push out.

Advertisement
What good would being in Coral Gables do when the guy failed to reach the CWS in 1993 at home as a huge favorite?

ATLANTIC - Georgia Tech (5/27)
-------- -------------------

* 3 Wichita State (4-1) 51-15 5 8 Mo. Valley
4 Ohio State (3-2) 41-17 -- -- Big-10
1 Georgia Tech (2-2) 45-12 4 4 ACC #1
5 East Carolina (1-2) 40-17 -- -- Colonial champ
2 South Carolina (1-2) 38-18-1 25 22 SEC-E #2
6 Liberty (0-2) 23-23 -- -- Big South champ

And you think this is it for him? This is his peak?

It's amazing how many things, or words, you have to make up to stay afloat.

I said he's at the height of his career. He's in his prime. These are the best years 8-10 years of his career right now.

LOL, it's the only 8-10 years of his career. Somehow he was able to take his first team to Omaha.

As usual you butcher the context.

The issue was 'right now' who would you take.

I said I wouldn't take anybody over Jim Morris. You respond with how bad Louisville was 15 years ago.

It's amazing.

Advertisement

As usual you butcher the context.

The issue was 'right now' who would you take.

I said I wouldn't take anybody over Jim Morris. You respond with how bad Louisville was 15 years ago.

It's amazing.

You really missed that? McConnell's team TODAY is nothing short of a miracle compared to what he walked in to. Morris' program TODAY is less than what it was on that same date for Louisville. Morris has coasted for 15 years.

Advertisement
I know, I know.....it's not like he had the daunting task of playing Virginia Commonwealth.

Both were huge favorites at home Super Regionals last year.

The difference is Miami cashed in. Louisville didn't.

I guess if Miami had lost to VCU you'd be making the same apologies for them?

Of course not.

Advertisement
Back