Canes vs LBSU game 2. The quest for hits and runs

Some people expect a lot more than other. I expect we have a program that can certainly win national champions. So stop selling ourselves short and accepting bowing out early in the postseason

Advertisement
Man, could anything else have happened that the Dirtbag players haven't done all year?
They gave us their best shot.
In the end, we swept through this regional like most thought we would.

GO CANES!

Last edited:
Morris should have been gone after that trip to Omaha several years ago where the team put up a total gag fest. He's been resting on his ancient laurels for years.

If we ultimately blow this, it will be three of the last four HOME regionals that we have lost. Compare that to the previous 35 years and someone tell me that this program hasn't slipped.

I think you are correct, we have slipped. We are not at that RF standard! I think we still have a program that many would love to have.

So how do we get back to the top?

Having the Gator HC, for example, what could he do at the U?

He would do no better than Morris who is doing is doing quite well.

Advertisement
Morris should have been gone after that trip to Omaha several years ago where the team put up a total gag fest. He's been resting on his ancient laurels for years.

If we ultimately blow this, it will be three of the last four HOME regionals that we have lost. Compare that to the previous 35 years and someone tell me that this program hasn't slipped.

I think you are correct, we have slipped. We are not at that RF standard! I think we still have a program that many would love to have.

I hear ya. How many games have we lost due to JM from a game manager standpoint? And would the Gata have done better? Who have we lost recruiting wise that the Gata would've gotten? It may sound like Im slurping. Im not. I loved the Mark Richt hire for us. I think that UGA was very right to fire him. I think #3 is starting to feel a little like CMR did to the Dawgs, maybe!

Advertisement
Some people expect a lot more than other. I expect we have a program that can certainly win national champions. So stop selling ourselves short and accepting bowing out early in the postseason

Losing in the CWS last year and now in the super regionals is bowing out early?

Stop being so butthurt that we won.

My favorite thing about this team is that they continue to prove negative "fans" like you wrong every single game.

I hear ya. How many games have we lost due to JM from a game manager standpoint? And would the Gata have done better? Who have we lost recruiting wise that the Gata would've gotten? It may sound like Im slurping. Im not. I loved the Mark Richt hire for us. I think that UGA was very right to fire him. I think #3 is starting to feel a little like CMR did to the Dawgs, maybe!

How many championships has Sullivan won at UF? Do you think it is easier to recruit players to a public university over a private one with 11.7 scholies allowed vs all football players being on scholarship? Morris is retiring after the 2018 season and Dimare is replacing him. You probably don't even know that.

Advertisement
Wow that struck a nerve huh? LOL. Its no wonder JJ takes the stance he does.

It is definitely time for a change. But I def see this like the CMR situation in Athens.

I also agree it is going to be tough at Miami to be anything like we were years ago. I do think that a new voice, with energy will do us well.

Advertisement

It is definitely time for a change. But I def see this like the CMR situation in Athens.

I also agree it is going to be tough at Miami to be anything like we were years ago. I do think that a new voice, with energy will do us well.

Who are you even responding to? And I don't get it. We just made the Super Regionals. How about you wait until the season is actually over before calling for a "change"

Who are you even responding to? And I don't get it. We just made the Super Regionals. How about you wait until the season is actually over before calling for a "change"

A national championship wouldn't change the need for a change. It would be a nice story. #3 isn't exactly young you know?

Im happy as a pig in **** that we won though. We are about to play a BC team that shouldn't even be in the post season!

Stick to moderating the football board. If you read the stupidity of Jagr/Antwan over the past few years you wouldn't defend him. When someone posts negative things 98% of the time when a team has done as well as Miami has the past 3 seasons he is a miserable POS.

Last edited:
Nice regional wins for us. Really happy to be playing next weekend since I already had the airline and hotel.

This was a very strong regional so we beat some good teams (or really, team twice)

But now taking a step back. We have to start hitting the ball better, period. And if we don't find a 3rd starter who can get us 5 or 6 innings we are in big trouble.

Great resolve to get the wins.

Advertisement
Back