Canes vs LBSU game 2. The quest for hits and runs

With a Super Regional at stake:

Blow an 8-1 lead by walking the park and then throwing away a pickoff with two outs
Fail to score with bases loaded and no one out

But Jagr is an *** for calling this coach out in February.

Advertisement
JJ its how you do it. Tact is what you need imo. I don't think anyone on this board is happy with 8-8 9th inning, walks, bad situational awareness, and poor clutch hitting . . . but even still I would rather be 2-0 now than in LBS's shoes. Hopefully Im saying that later as well!

Just not championship baseball.How many runs would we have if LBS didn't have 3 errors?

Advertisement
Morris should have been gone after that trip to Omaha several years ago where the team put up a total gag fest. He's been resting on his ancient laurels for years.

Well, this team is pretty good, but so is the team we are playing. Lepore getting hurt was a terrible blow, but there's really no excuse not to play better situational baseball.

Abreu was definitely not trying to simply make contact or coax a walk.

This team is no where close to the Gator, unfortunately. I would say FSU is playing much better, too. This team would not measure up in Omaha.

Advertisement
JJ its how you do it. Tact is what you need imo. I don't think anyone on this board is happy with 8-8 9th inning, walks, bad situational awareness, and poor clutch hitting . . . but even still I would rather be 2-0 now than in LBS's shoes. Hopefully Im saying that later as well!

If you will go back to February, you'll see that this all went downhill when I suffered personal attacks just because I criticized Jim Morris.

Morris should have been gone after that trip to Omaha several years ago where the team put up a total gag fest. He's been resting on his ancient laurels for years.

If we ultimately blow this, it will be three of the last four HOME regionals that we have lost. Compare that to the previous 35 years and someone tell me that this program hasn't slipped.

If you will go back to February, you'll see that this all went downhill when I suffered personal attacks just because I criticized Jim Morris.

Well that girl in yellow behind the plate is looking good.

Advertisement

If we ultimately blow this, it will be three of the last four HOME regionals that we have lost. Compare that to the previous 35 years and someone tell me that this program hasn't slipped.

I think you are correct, we have slipped. We are not at that RF standard! I think we still have a program that many would love to have.

So how do we get back to the top?

Having the Gator HC, for example, what could he do at the U?

Advertisement
With a Super Regional at stake:

Blow an 8-1 lead by walking the park and then throwing away a pickoff with two outs
Fail to score with bases loaded and no one out

But Jagr is an *** for calling this coach out in February.

That's a violation of the board no insult rule, though there may be an exception for accUracy. I would check posthaste.
UM

There's got be someone better than this over-the-hill clown. The school put up money to fix football and basketball. Now they should either fix the baseball program or shut it down and make the baseball stadium part of a football complex. ***** the damned Gables, too. 8-1 lead and it's now 8-8 with no one hitting...or pitching? That's disgraceful.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back