2025 Cameron Boozer 5* PF from Columbus

Advertisement
For what it's worth, and I realize that might not be much, Travis Branham of 247 Sports disagrees:

The truth is that there was a certain level of anxiety here at Duke on the Boozer kids. Usually a legacy recruit at Duke for basketball is a slam dunk. However Miami had a lot going for them as hometown team and good run at March Madness a couple of years ago. Coach K's retirement also helped (but he around the program alot even now.)

We will see.. maybe if one of them leaves for the pros and Miami has a good year, who knows if the other might decide to play closer to home...

Here for the “Coach L sucks” posts because we know it’s coming. Love how the media is pretending that a legacy kid picking the legacy school is somehow an upset. It isn’t, especially in basketball.

This is the downside of big game hunting, the inevitable aftermath of coming home with nothing. It is what it is, frustrating when you look at all of the time and effort L and this staff put into this recruitment. That said, they did everything possible and that’s all you can ask for. Good luck to the Boozer kids but I hope Miami demolishes Duke.

There will always be skeptics but Miami had a real shot here. Sucks not to get them. I'm not into consolation prizes or participation trophies, and although we came out on the short end of the stick it's fun to be big game hunting. Came up short this time, but got a big one (Jalil Bethea) in last year's class and am looking forward to seeing our staff continue the hunt. GO CANES!!!

P.S. F 🙌 CK CARLOS BOOZER!!!! 🖕 :LOL:

Last edited:
There will always be skeptics but Miami had a real shot here. Sucks not to get them. I'm not into consolation prizes or participation trophies, and although we came out on the short end of the stick it's fun to be big game hunting. Came up short this time, but got a big one (Jalil Bethea) in last year's class and am looking forward to seeing our staff continue the hunt. GO CANES!!!

P.S. F 🙌 CK CARLOS BOOZER!!!! 🖕 :LOL:

Have to do what we did and put up a fight for local studs. Miami gets criticized for that in hoops, so it was worth it, IMO.

Have to do what we did and put up a fight for local studs. Miami gets criticized for that in hoops, so it was worth it, IMO.
But as we’ve seen, the sales pitch works with kids that aren’t local. That said, L had to take a shot at these guys, they would have been dynamite.

These are legacy kids so this doesn’t hurt nearly as much as when local kids choose every other school despite L going through **** for them.

Advertisement
They were never coming here, & it has nothing to do w/ legacy. Coach L already spoke on this in 2015. The Boozers r tied in w Nike, & myself & @Hurracanes already discussed this privately.

Hats off to the staff for making it interesting, but they were never coming here. Legacy + NIL = no shot.View attachment 306899
@Calinative , why is this funny???

They were never coming here, & it has nothing to do w/ legacy. Coach L already spoke on this in 2015. The Boozers r tied in w Nike, & myself & @Hurracanes already discussed this privately.

Hats off to the staff for making it interesting, but they were never coming here. Legacy + NIL = no shot.View attachment 306899

NIKE + Legacy + NIL = no shot.

B/c they’re a perpetual lil’ juvenile that think I always have an agenda when I say **** on this subject matter.
IMG_2122.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
It will be funny to see Duke taking victory laps over some "coup".

In the end, it's all too predictable
As about as predictable as Michael Irvin son choosing between the U and anybody else outta high school. That **** was decided the day they first picked up a **** basketball. It wasn’t no coup. TF they talmbout?

So you don’t find it hilarious that we come in 2nd place for the #2 and #21 prospect in the country who are Legacies at a top 3 Basketball program of all time, and then immediately after people come on here saying we never had a chance cause we are an Adidas school? lol. Yeah personally I find it very funny. Anyone actually thinks Nike vs Adidas SHOES was the literal difference between us landing Legacies to Duke and not landing them is out of their mind. Simple as that. If it’s about NIL money it’s about NIL money lol.

Advertisement

Friendo, I think that even if UM was a Nike school, we'd have made it much more interesting but they still would have picked Duke. Hopefully I'm proven wrong if/when UM dumps Adidas and we can flip them.

Advertisement
Friendo, I think that even if UM was a Nike school, we'd have made it much more interesting but they still would have picked Duke. Hopefully I'm proven wrong if/when UM dumps Adidas and we can flip them.

Agreed; my point was every time I get wind of a player having a NIL deal w/ Nike, & their top schools include a non Nike school, I 100% know it’s for optics & suspense. While Adidas’, UA, & NB’s NIL allows for students to choose their non branded schools, Nike’s NIL does not. Those kids will always go to a Nike branded school, period.

So it would’ve been a 90%-10% chance The Boozers chose Duke v. a 100% chance they chose them.

Agreed; my point was every time I get wind of a player having a NIL deal w/ Nike, & their top schools include a non Nike school, I 100% know it’s for optics & suspense. While Adidas’, UA, & NB’s NIL allows for students to choose their non branded schools, Nike’s NIL does not. Those kids will always go to a Nike branded school, period.

So it would’ve been a 90%-10% chance The Boozers chose Duke v. a 100% chance they chose them.

As @King of Allapattah posted, it really was about more than suspense.

Duke was always the obvious choice for 1000 reasons, but there were real signals that Miami was a legitimate contender/option. L had a great relationship with the family, Mom really did express a desire for the kids to stay home, and there was an allure to forging their own path and making their own legacy under the tutelage of a hall of fame coach…

But at the end of the day gravity won.

It sucks because L put his heart and soul into the recruitment… something he had to do even with the odds being long… and a lot of time and effort was invested because real signs were sent that Miami had real chance, when they probably never did.

I’m not much of a big game hunter… but I love marlin fishing and - yep - coming home empty is just part of the game sometimes.

Advertisement
Back