2025 Cameron Boozer 5* PF from Columbus

Agreed; my point was every time I get wind of a player having a NIL deal w/ Nike, & their top schools include a non Nike school, I 100% know it’s for optics & suspense. While Adidas’, UA, & NB’s NIL allows for students to choose their non branded schools, Nike’s NIL does not. Those kids will always go to a Nike branded school, period.

So it would’ve been a 90%-10% chance The Boozers chose Duke v. a 100% chance they chose them.
Incredible that people can’t understand there’s the NIL part of keeping them in the ecosystem between AAU and NBA and think it’s about what’s on their feet

Advertisement
So you don’t find it hilarious that we come in 2nd place for the #2 and #21 prospect in the country who are Legacies at a top 3 Basketball program of all time, and then immediately after people come on here saying we never had a chance cause we are an Adidas school? lol. Yeah personally I find it very funny. Anyone actually thinks Nike vs Adidas SHOES was the literal difference between us landing Legacies to Duke and not landing them is out of their mind. Simple as that. If it’s about NIL money it’s about NIL money lol.
I can see that being an adidas school could hurt us with star kids already having a Nike deal. I don’t know that were we a Nike school that we would have beaten Duke and I don’t think Relly is saying that. I believe what he’s saying is that there was no way we’d be a legit contender for them with a different sneaker brand sponsoring us than who pays the twins.

They were never coming here, & it has nothing to do w/ legacy. Coach L already spoke on this in 2015. The Boozers r tied in w Nike, & myself & @Hurracanes already discussed this privately.

Hats off to the staff for making it interesting, but they were never coming here. Legacy + NIL = no shot.View attachment 306899

NIKE + Legacy + NIL = no shot.

Weren’t you literally saying Yesterday you thought they’d pick us… make it make sense
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
IMG_9576.jpeg

I can see that being an adidas school could hurt us with star kids already having a Nike deal. I don’t know that were we a Nike school that we would have beaten Duke and I don’t think Relly is saying that. I believe what he’s saying is that there was no way we’d be a legit contender for them with a different sneaker brand sponsoring us than who pays the twins.

He, she, they, them, know exactly what I’m saying, but due to their obtuse nature, they’ll pretend this is a Nike v. Adidas debate, when this is a NIL matter + legacy. If Miami was a Nike school, I highly doubt The Boozer Twins would be here; my point was there was NO CHANCE, no matter how well regarded Coach L was w/ the family, that they were coming due to a futures NIL w/ Nike. That’s it, nothing more or less.

We gave them something to think about, & no doubt being at Columbus helped w/ that, but they are Nike branded AAU, & a futures Nike NIL which meant they were going to a Nike branded school. The fact I can post something from a Canes’ site, & this jackal of a jackass still rather be a contrarian shows why many hate Californians.

He, she, they, them, know exactly what I’m saying, but due to their obtuse nature, they’ll pretend this is a Nike v. Adidas debate, when this is a NIL matter + legacy. If Miami was a Nike school, I highly doubt The Boozer Twins would be here; my point was there was NO CHANCE, no matter how well regarded Coach L was w/ the family, that they were coming due to a futures NIL w/ Nike. That’s it, nothing more or less.

We gave them something to think about, & no doubt being at Columbus helped w/ that, but they are Nike branded AAU, & a futures Nike NIL which meant they were going to a Nike branded school. The fact I can post something from a Canes’ site, & this jackal of a jackass still rather be a contrarian shows why many hate Californians.
Lol

IMG_9579.gif

Advertisement
So you don’t find it hilarious that we come in 2nd place for the #2 and #21 prospect in the country who are Legacies at a top 3 Basketball program of all time, and then immediately after people come on here saying we never had a chance cause we are an Adidas school? lol. Yeah personally I find it very funny. Anyone actually thinks Nike vs Adidas SHOES was the literal difference between us landing Legacies to Duke and not landing them is out of their mind. Simple as that. If it’s about NIL money it’s about NIL money lol.
youre wrong here

@Rellyrell was 100% right, it’s just tough because the amount of time and energy and effort that was spent is overwhelming… to not try would have been crazy and unacceptable but to go all in and build a years long relationship and get so “close”… it’s still tough even if there never really was a real shot.

Although we talk a lot about Carey, L actually has a pretty decent track record with his top-40 “big game” targets (Huell/Hernandez, Brown, Walker, Bethea, Swartz)

Advertisement
Curious if gods on campus @ Duke is what it really is about, while at Miami you’re not Cam Ward?
Miami is and always a Football school first compared to Duke, well you get what I’m saying.

Weren’t you literally saying Yesterday you thought they’d pick us… make it make sense
I most definitely was. I was wrong. Win some, lose some. It happens. Guess all the chatter leading up to it was off. I never professed to be an insider. I just relay what I hear, since I happen to spend a lot of time in gyms and at tournaments watching a lot of HS/travel basketball down here. All good. On to the next one. GO CANES!!!

I most definitely was. I was wrong. Win some, lose some. It happens. Guess all the chatter leading up to it was off. I never professed to be an insider. I just relay what I hear, since I happen to spend a lot of time in gyms and at tournaments watching a lot of HS/travel basketball down here. All good. On to the next one. GO CANES!!!
Solid post dude. Class act.

Solid post dude. Class act.
💯 And Coach is also a member of… you know… that group…

giphy.gif

Advertisement
As @King of Allapattah posted, it really was about more than suspense.

Duke was always the obvious choice for 1000 reasons, but there were real signals that Miami was a legitimate contender/option. L had a great relationship with the family, Mom really did express a desire for the kids to stay home, and there was an allure to forging their own path and making their own legacy under the tutelage of a hall of fame coach…

But at the end of the day gravity won.

It sucks because L put his heart and soul into the recruitment… something he had to do even with the odds being long… and a lot of time and effort was invested because real signs were sent that Miami had real chance, when they probably never did.

I’m not much of a big game hunter… but I love marlin fishing and - yep - coming home empty is just part of the game sometimes.
The twins definitely had a genuine interest in Miami. Mom was also pushing for the hometown team. Ultimately, she let dad handle dad's side of their children's upbringing.

Except we were a legit contender since we finished 2nd, so what are you even talking about? lol

Yeah I'm not questioning the fact that you got it wrong dude. Lol. I'm not hating on your for making a prediction with whatever info you had. Nor am I saying you're lying about that. What I AM questioning is the fact that you are now changing your tune to the "we had no chance" stance... even though You literally predicted us to get them yesterday, and worst case we still finished 2nd. The two literally are impossible to coexist.

The reality very much seems to be we in fact did have a chance. We likely even outperformed what most people thought we'd do in their recruitment. We weren't eliminated because of Nike shoes. If Nike was paying them money, then the difference is NIL, period. Whether that was Nike funding it or some booster. The difference is then Money.

Like at least if someone was saying BEFORE they announced that we'd have no shot because Nike, then I wouldn't even be tripping much. But to not say ****, to acting like its obvious we had no shot from Nike, or what you're doing which is honestly worse which is going from you think we will get them to No Chance, imo is crazy. Cause clearly we had a chance, we just lost the battle.

Advertisement
I have yet to watch a single second of these boozer twins play basketball and not sure why some of y'all did.

Nil, Nike, Adidas, Saucony...these dudes wasn't coming here regardless of what coach L did with who their dad is man I ain't realize some of y'all were so invested. Like someone said this was similar to Mike Irvin's kid committing to uva for football or some sh-t

To the resident dummy of CIS, who think I was actually talking about shoes, thank u for proving ur worthless value to CIS.

Stop making the degree from The University of Miami, & my state of California look foolish.
lol, don't you have me blocked, why you responding?
You literally also wrote Legacy had NOTHING to do with the decision. Yeah sure, bud.

Advertisement
Back