Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

Advertisement
We got 3 wide receivers who had legit offers from bama in Mullins, Richards, cager. Just chill, Mullins hasn't played much this year because we had 2 really good receivers in coley and richards and he was behind in conditioning and the playbook. Don't make a mistake about it, he's a baller. Cager can ball too and will make an impact next year. His freshman year he was behind 3 NFL players in rashawn Scott, herb waters, Stacy coley, while also having 2 NFL tight ends on the roster in Njoku and Herndon, not sure why everyone is so quick to write cager off

Because people need to see results on the field before they crown anybody. Cager and Mullins haven't done anything yet, and just because they had offers from Bama does not mean they will be ballers here. Plenty of receivers with a Bama offer have proven to be jags. I wont stop being concerned until I see them actually make plays.

Somebody please explain to me why we chose Dugans, a nole, over Kevin Beard, a Cane through and through, who loves this program. Is there any doubt that Beard would have secured Harley? Not in my mind. Additionally, I think Beard might have been able to close on Jeudy as well. Kids down here actually like and respect him, and its not like our receivers were terrible while he was at the helm. Richt should have kept him or offered more to bring his guy from UGA over. Dugans is just not cutting it.

A cane who had our guys dancing at the line of scrimmage yet struggled to get separation. We also had WRs who couldn't block which was important considering Coley's love of the screen game. Beard wasn't good as a WR coach. Probably why he has a non-coaching position on the UGA staff.

Malcolm Mitchell, Marlon Brown, Tavares King and Chris Conley are the UGA WRs in the NFL besides Green. They were good players in college not great.

Also Reggie Brown. He was a 2nd round pick to the Eagles and played in the league for a while.

Advertisement
Malcolm Mitchell, Marlon Brown, Tavares King and Chris Conley are the UGA WRs in the NFL besides Green. They were good players in college not great.

Also Reggie Brown. He was a 2nd round pick to the Eagles and played in the league for a while.

A few more then that. Richt has proven time and time again he is great recruiter ( and our class with the exception of WR will proves that again) BUT he isn't , like anyone , above making mistakes a whiffing time and again and the WR position this year is a whiff plain and simple . Not going to overreact like most people who come to boards but it is what it is . It didn't help that this year in Miami the talent was thin but still he whiffed.

Advertisement

So thats 6 guys who have been on NFL rosters in the last 5-6 years. They aren't pro bowl types but this storyline that Richt doesn't recruit and then develop good WRs is nonsense.

It's evident Richt had the luxury of being in the SEC while recruiting in GA.

He's average as ****, and so is this coaching staff.

/except for Kool and maybe Thomas.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Add Mike Harley to the list of guys who grew up big Hurricanes fans, yet chose to put on for their city in some bum**** town nobody's ever heard of.

It's the coaches' fault for offering late, but some kid who grew up in Massillon, OH dreaming of an Ohio State* offer doesn't pick Minnesota just because the Suckeyes offered in November.

As Lu said, we don't win, we don't cheat, and we don't anticipate. The silver lining is it seems we're on the 2018 and beyond kids early, so anticipation perhaps won't be a problem moving forward. But we better ******* start winning.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back