Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

how would you feel when your local team slow plays you and only offers when they miss on their main targets? would you tell another program that wanted you from the very beginning to kick rocks? some families care about loyalty and/or being true from the very beginning.

this staff has nobody to blame but themselves for this.

That's inaccurate. You need to pay attention why everyone's furious over Harley being offered late. We offered him in October and we had been recruiting Jeudy the whole time. Additionally, the staff thought Holloman was coming until December happened. We had all of our top targets still in view at the time we offered this kid.

The positions of need might have changed (DT!), but we keep getting left at the alter late in recruiting. When need to over-offer early, and deal with whoever we MIGHT have to cut out close to signing day. This may not seem fair to the kids that get cut late, but **** it. That's the GD game anymore. And we can't keep getting left holding the bag like this. This is a first for Richt since he's been here, so hopefully he has learned his lesson.

Advertisement
kicking Bruce off is b*ting Miami in the a55 especially since our receiving coach can't recruit

With that being said a receiving group of
Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

Ain't that bad but we definitely need 2 more. Get Corey Holmes here and another graduate transfer

Exclude the lone WR commit we have who hasn't signed yet and half the receivers on that list are Braxton Berrios, Dayall Harris, and Darrell Langham. Which means this WR situation is f***ing abysmal.

Corey Holmes is terrible.

And if anything happens to Richards, holy s***...

How is holmes terrible? This year was his first year playing.

He barely contributed on a team who won 4 games and has a below average receiving corps, but yet he's supposed to be our savior? He's on par with Harris, who we all know was an absolute stud for us this year.

Richt has had issues recruiting wrs going back to uga. Besides aj green he didnt get any big time wr there.

Advertisement
harley is re-tweeting bartow so i assume its very accurate. WVU isnt that great a team. they are basically us on the other side of a few plays. they are a few plays away from being 7-5

Miami should have elite WRs coming out of their ears, it is an utter disgrace that we can't secure multiple elite guys at that position

kicking Bruce off is b*ting Miami in the a55 especially since our receiving coach can't recruit

Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

Ain't that bad but we definitely need 2 more. Get Corey Holmes here and another graduate transfer

Exclude the lone WR commit we have who hasn't signed yet and half the receivers on that list are Braxton Berrios, Dayall Harris, and Darrell Langham. Which means this WR situation is f***ing abysmal.

He barely contributed on a team who won 4 games and has a below average receiving corps, but yet he's supposed to be our savior? He's on par with Harris, who we all know was an absolute stud for us this year.

It's not a good practice to compete for conference/national championships...

I want a recruit that will push Richards for a starting job!

Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

He would have the 2nd most yards on the team based on our returning wrs stats.

Advertisement

Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

Shaq Wilson from UGA (actually from coral gables iirc)

And please bring Rico McGraw to play safety.

Let me get this straight....everyone wants a Miami offer to mean something again and were all mad that we offered 5-6 games into a kids only year of playing football in HS? Makes sense. This kid played at STA for 1 year. His only film up to this year was his Spring Game.

Did someone say we should've offered him after a camp? Didn't we get that from the last people? We're the only team in Florida that gets penalized for a late offer. **** Florida never even offered and he was riding their pack too. This guy never wanted to come here and he is being hyped up because he gave the impression that he "really" wanted to be at UM. He used us to springboard his twitter followers

harley is re-tweeting bartow so i assume its very accurate. WVU isnt that great a team. they are basically us on the other side of a few plays. they are a few plays away from being 7-5

He fits that style of offense much better than a pro style system.

Malcolm Mitchell, Marlon Brown, Tavares King and Chris Conley are the UGA WRs in the NFL besides Green. They were good players in college not great.

Advertisement

Any team they played with a pulse absolutely smashed their ***.

We got 3 wide receivers who had legit offers from bama in Mullins, Richards, cager. Just chill, Mullins hasn't played much this year because we had 2 really good receivers in coley and richards and he was behind in conditioning and the playbook. Don't make a mistake about it, he's a baller. Cager can ball too and will make an impact next year. His freshman year he was behind 3 NFL players in rashawn Scott, herb waters, Stacy coley, while also having 2 NFL tight ends on the roster in Njoku and Herndon, not sure why everyone is so quick to write cager off. And he blew out his knee in the offseason. That's the reason he didn't get many targets

Last edited:
Like I said " Dugans is the corch I'm watching ". Dude seems useless

I agree with this. I feel like WR coach is one of those positions where you can get away with subpar coaching. **** we had Brennan Carrol at the position before bringing in Kevin Beard at the position, the latter of which was just inexperienced as a coach and they did well in recruiting. It's going to be sad if we have to get Banda to start recruiting receivers since it's clear he's supporting Rumph on the recruiting trail.

Banda aint even pulling in elite players at his position and he lost edwards.

Advertisement

Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

From watching Adrian Colbert I wouldn't let lack of production at one program that is struggling keep me from picking up a guy who I think could help.

Richt has had issues recruiting wrs going back to uga. Besides aj green he didnt get any big time wr there.

pretty much, aj green was the stud and he had some tier 2 guys like Mohamed Massaquoi and currently Malcom Mitchell (patriots) and Chris Conley (chiefs)

Somebody please explain to me why we chose Dugans, a nole, over Kevin Beard, a Cane through and through, who loves this program. Is there any doubt that Beard would have secured Harley? Not in my mind. Additionally, I think Beard might have been able to close on Jeudy as well. Kids down here actually like and respect him, and its not like our receivers were terrible while he was at the helm. Richt should have kept him or offered more to bring his guy from UGA over. Dugans is just not cutting it.

Richt didnt get wrs at uga so mclendon wouldnt have mattered.

Advertisement
Back