Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

Shouldn't have kicked Bruce off we wouldn't be pressing for this many receivers
Whelp it's posts like this that lets me know it's time for me to exit stage right

kicking Bruce off is b*ting Miami in the a55 especially since our receiving coach can't recruit

With that being said a receiving group of
Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

Ain't that bad but we definitely need 2 more. Get Corey Holmes here and another graduate transfer

Corey Holmes is a**, Mullin and Cager haven't accomplished anything, Harris and Langham suck, Berrios is okay but not a game changer, and Nkoku will be an unproven frosh. We are in a lot of trouble. People need to prepare themselves for a putrid passing game next year, especially without Kaaya.

Ain't nothing going to putrid with ahmmon there. If anything we will see a situation like marquise lee had at USC or Amari cooper had at bama where he gets majority of the targets

Brock, what in the world do you think is gonna happen when the season starts. Teams will not underestimate Ahmmon. They know he is the only beast of a receiver on our depth chart, so they will double him every play and he will stuggle mightily to get open. There is no one to step on in Coley's spot to keep the opposing side honest. Richards will be blanketed and we will have to rely on the rest of our WR corps, which is not something to get excited about.

They are already doing that this year against ahmmon..

Maybe a couple of times, but that helped Coley and then made him a problem on the opposite side. That wont happen next year, there is no one to complement Richards and make it so the defense doesn't have to worry about double covering Richards and not paying for it.

Advertisement
Evidence Njoku looks very talented and should have a bright future here. But it's impossible to overlook how the only WR we have committed is someone any staff would've been able to land in their sleep since he's the brother of one of our best players.

This staff has accomplished virtually nothing on the trail in this cycle attempting to recruit receivers, which just happens to be one of our most dire positions of need. Cue the "2018 group is loaded" crowd any minute now...

I don't think he's solid either

Who cares, lol y'all cry about every player on your wish list I don't give a ****.... Is Mike Harley going to carry WVU to the promise land?? No so stfu lmao weak

You knew you were going to get negged on that one. Very rare for any athlete to carry a team, especially in football. But Harley was a definite need in this class.

Dugans needs to kick rocks. This is pathetic.

Recruiting has been a disaster but I see encouraging signs from him as a position coach. The WRs block very well (which is pure coaching), they got over the dropsies from mid-season and Coley/Richards performed at a high level.

But you need pure talent, especially at that position.

Advertisement
Whose fault is it that a player wants to go to west Virginia to live?? Gtfoh **** is hilarious.... If I was a UM fan I don't give AF how late the offer comes I'm taking it. I guess he wants to be the next tavon Austin good for him.

Shouldn't have kicked Bruce off we wouldn't be pressing for this many receivers
Whelp it's posts like this that lets me know it's time for me to exit stage right

Who cares, lol y'all cry about every player on your wish list I don't give a ****.... Is Mike Harley going to carry WVU to the promise land?? No so stfu lmao weak

You knew you were going to get negged on that one. Very rare for any athlete to carry a team, especially in football. But Harley was a definite need in this class.

I basically thought he was locked i to the class from what we were told... certainly didn't expect this...

kicking Bruce off is b*ting Miami in the a55 especially since our receiving coach can't recruit

Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

Ain't that bad but we definitely need 2 more. Get Corey Holmes here and another graduate transfer

thats a top 15 group the problem becomes if there a more then 1 injury . These kids we were recruiting ( with the exception of Jeudy ) wouldnt of played next year. This hurts 2 years down the road. But again it is silly to before signing day . lets see how this class ends up . overall it is the strongest we have had in ages but in this particular spot it looks bad.

Advertisement
So we got good "coaches" in rumph and dugans but not a single coach that can recruit at a high level. How can WVU have a stud miami recruiter, alabama has stud miami recruiter, louisville got tons of miami talent, yet at actual Miami we cant get a legit recruiter of south florida. Unreal

Advertisement
That's why you offer early.

Miami is the only "big time" program that has to offer kids from their own backyard when they are in the 11th grade to even have a chance of securing a commitment. And the reason? It's because these kids don't respect Miami at all anymore. Our last 3 coaches ruined our reputation with these kids. These recruits love to clown on Miami and troll us on the regular, and it is f*cking infuriating.

But we need to hear what Pete has to say about this as he was **** **** sure Harley was a Cane lock and this looks bad .

That's why you offer early.

Miami is the only "big time" program that has to offer kids from their own backyard when they are in the 11th grade to even have a chance of securing a commitment. And the reason? It's because these kids don't respect Miami at all anymore. Our last 3 coaches ruined our reputation with these kids. These recruits love to clown on Miami and troll us on the regular, and it is f*cking infuriating.

Completely true . Richt is helping but it aint going to be fixed over night .

Advertisement
Evidence Njoku looks very talented and should have a bright future here. But it's impossible to overlook how the only WR we have committed is someone any staff would've been able to land in their sleep since he's the brother of one of our best players.

This staff has accomplished virtually nothing on the trail in this cycle attempting to recruit receivers, which just happens to be one of our most dire positions of need. Cue the "2018 group is loaded" crowd any minute now...

I don't think he's solid either

You don't know anything though

Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

thats a top 15 group the problem becomes if there a more then 1 injury . These kids we were recruiting ( with the exception of Jeudy ) wouldnt of played next year. This hurts 2 years down the road. But again it is silly to before signing day . lets see how this class ends up . overall it is the strongest we have had in ages but in this particular spot it looks bad.

Strongest in ages? Every position of need: WR, CB, and OL, we have not done what we need to. We are praying on landing the Heritage lineman and Dean at CB, but if that doesn't happen, then this class is flat out awful. There are good players committed but not in positions we needed most.

Advertisement
Back