Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

That's why you offer early.

Miami is the only "big time" program that has to offer kids from their own backyard when they are in the 11th grade to even have a chance of securing a commitment. And the reason? It's because these kids don't respect Miami at all anymore. Our last 3 coaches ruined our reputation with these kids. These recruits love to clown on Miami and troll us on the regular, and it is f*cking infuriating.

Because we don't win, play the bag game, or anticipate well enough to cover up the other two.

It will rain excuses, justifications and rationalizations here about how 'close we were to X, Y, Z.' Anyone who's been following recruiting and college football for years knows it's a bottom line business. Last year, bottom line was we got Richards, Bruce and Mullins. This year, bottom line is we're chasing our tail on multiple fronts.

Advertisement
Complete and utter failure. F- grade.

A cluster**** of a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.. I liked Dugans from a progress and positional standpoint but man oh man. He's a brutal recruiter. And the worst part is he puts on like he's a boss recruiter with the "Donk" ****

Advertisement

It only matters with Miami though. Let UF offer late and these kids are open to it.

Who cares if kids are open to uf late or not? We aren't uf, we're Miami. We have some advantages they don't have and they have some we don't have. We need to recruit well regardless of what they're doing

yea, you completely missed his point. take another stab at it.

His point is self explanatory, there is no hidden meaning behind it. South Florida kids don't respect their hometown program as much as they do UF or FSU because we offer late & cant flip a kid but UF/FSU does it and the kids are open to it. We can't change how these kids think until we start winning. Like Lu said, we don't win, play the bag game, or anticipate well enough. We need to do better. Instead of offering a committed prospect 3 months before signing day, we should've offered Harley after seeing him at Paradise camp or spring practice. His talent level/ceiling hasn't changed a bit since then.

His post wasn't tough to understand. Commentating about UF just distracts from the main point that wr recruiting has been abysmal

Whose fault is it that a player wants to go to west Virginia to live?? Gtfoh **** is hilarious.... If I was a UM fan I don't give AF how late the offer comes I'm taking it. I guess he wants to be the next tavon Austin good for him.

Agreed. Took Bandy three weeks to decommit from an actual elite program in Oklahoma and commit to Miami as he was an actual fan.

Edit: I make reference to WVU as a subtle jab when I mention actual elite program.

Pete and Richt are doing backflips off the 10m platform at the pool and WVU pulled the drain plug. Miami got owned. Bit*h slapped if you will.

What's richts track record at WR in the NFL? I know he has AJ Green, but did UGA produce other WRs aside from him while Richt was there?

Advertisement
Shouldn't have kicked Bruce off we wouldn't be pressing for this many receivers
Whelp it's posts like this that lets me know it's time for me to exit stage right

Miami is the only "big time" program that has to offer kids from their own backyard when they are in the 11th grade to even have a chance of securing a commitment. And the reason? It's because these kids don't respect Miami at all anymore. Our last 3 coaches ruined our reputation with these kids. These recruits love to clown on Miami and troll us on the regular, and it is f*cking infuriating.

True

how would you feel when your local team slow plays you and only offers when they miss on their main targets? would you tell another program that wanted you from the very beginning to kick rocks? some families care about loyalty and/or being true from the very beginning.

this staff has nobody to blame but themselves for this.

Advertisement
Like I said " Dugans is the corch I'm watching ". Dude seems useless

I agree with this. I feel like WR coach is one of those positions where you can get away with subpar coaching. **** we had Brennan Carrol at the position before bringing in Kevin Beard at the position, the latter of which was just inexperienced as a coach and they did well in recruiting. It's going to be sad if we have to get Banda to start recruiting receivers since it's clear he's supporting Rumph on the recruiting trail.

original.webp

Who's our C option now? Can we re-recruit Sam Bruce?

Attachments

• APXSQZYCBGESJFJ.20160812140126.webp
    APXSQZYCBGESJFJ.20160812140126.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 23
Where are all the Pete dyck suckers??

He's good for giving us info on local high school players that about it....

Any crootin vets know this **** seemed real skeptical

Advertisement
how would you feel when your local team slow plays you and only offers when they miss on their main targets? would you tell another program that wanted you from the very beginning to kick rocks? some families care about loyalty and/or being true from the very beginning.

this staff has nobody to blame but themselves for this.

That's inaccurate. You need to pay attention why everyone's furious over Harley being offered late. We offered him in October and we had been recruiting Jeudy the whole time. Additionally, the staff thought Holloman was coming until December happened. We had all of our top targets still in view at the time we offered this kid.

Where are all the Pete dyck suckers??

He's good for giving us info on local high school players that about it....

Any crootin vets know this **** seemed real skeptical

i kept warning wondering why people were counting him in this class.

kicking Bruce off is b*ting Miami in the a55 especially since our receiving coach can't recruit

With that being said a receiving group of
Ahmmon richards
Dionte Mullins
Lawrence cager
Braxton berrios
Dayall Harris
Evidence njoku
Darrell langham

Ain't that bad but we definitely need 2 more. Get Corey Holmes here and another graduate transfer

Exclude the lone WR commit we have who hasn't signed yet and half the receivers on that list are Braxton Berrios, Dayall Harris, and Darrell Langham. Which means this WR situation is f***ing abysmal.

Corey Holmes is terrible.

And if anything happens to Richards, holy s***...

How is holmes terrible? This year was his first year playing. Look at the dude from oklahoma who didnt really do much until his last year.

Advertisement
Back