Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

So the kid that always wanted to be Gator needed his offer in the summer, yet when he got his offer people came running in here with his troll tweet of him sitting in Hard Rock saying "at the crib". Ok.

How early would UF have to offer to get the alleged Cane fan Harley?

This **** had nothing to do with us offering "late" and everything to do with him trying to parlay us into a UF offer.

What school is he signing with? And what advantage does that school have over us, besides an eleven month head-start in recruiting Harley?
Wake up. You're brighter than this.

He's begging UF to offer so he doesn't give a fvck about the lateness of an offer. He tried to parlay UM's offer into a UF offer. If UF offered him tomorrow he'd go there.

Lateness of offers is pretext recruits use to make dopey fans get on their side when they decide to scurry out of town. Dopey fans can then congratulate the weasel kid for being loyal to WVU and blame UM for waiting too long.

Miami had plenty of time to recruit this guy and flip him. They either didn't try hard enough because they didn't care that much about him, or they tried hard and failed.

I think you right Franchise. Totally makes sense.
I'm definitely right. And I've been right on Harley since Pete was telling us repeatedly "he comin'."

He's either a guy who cares about the lateness of offers as a sign of disrespect or he isn't. Clearly he isn't because he's been begging for a UF offer.

Here's what happened: He tried to parlay the UM offer into a UF offer. UF told him yesterday or the day before that they were going to pass on him. So that's when he canceled the UM visit ruse and suddenly acted like he was Mr. WVU.

Advertisement
He's begging UF to offer so he doesn't give a fvck about the lateness of an offer. He tried to parlay UM's offer into a UF offer. If UF offered him tomorrow he'd go there.

Forget Florida. He isn't going there. Why did he pick WVU?

The only reason I've heard is that Seider is a better recruiter than Dugans, which he probably is. But what recruit has Seider ever beat us on?

If we don't give them an eleven-month head start, we beat out WVU. That assumption is based on always beating out WVU, even with ****** recruiting staffs. That's why the lateness of the offer matters.
Clearly, he's going there because they offered before we did. It's really that simple. It always works that way. Whenever we offer earlier than the competition, we get the recruit. When we don't we don't get the recruit.

This **** had nothing to do with us offering "late" and everything to do with him trying to parlay us into a UF offer.

What school is he signing with? And what advantage does that school have over us, besides an eleven month head-start in recruiting Harley?

Lateness of offers is pretext recruits use to make dopey fans get on their side when they decide to scurry out of town. Dopey fans can then congratulate the weasel kid for being loyal to WVU and blame UM for waiting too long.

Miami had plenty of time to recruit this guy and flip him. They either didn't try hard enough because they didn't care that much about him, or they tried hard and failed.

I'm definitely right. And I've been right on Harley since Pete was telling us repeatedly "he comin'."

He's either a guy who cares about the lateness of offers as a sign of disrespect or he isn't. Clearly he isn't because he's been begging for a UF offer.

Here's what happened: He tried to parlay the UM offer into a UF offer. UF told him yesterday or the day before that they were going to pass on him. So that's when he canceled the UM visit ruse and suddenly acted like he was Mr. WVU.

I agree with you Franchise, this kid would flip to Florida in a nano second.

This is exactly what happened. The kid told you that he is a UF fan. He tweeted a picture of him doing the g ay gator clap and told us of his infatuation with UF. We were a bargaining chip for this little con artist to attempt to get the offer he really wanted. When it didn't work out, he pledged his undying love for the Mountedqueers.

Pete brings a lot of great information, but he got bad information in this case.

The Living Legend applied logic to the facts, and knew that something wasn't right in this case, so he never bought into the "he coming" routine. Hat's off to the Living Legend.

So Miami slow played him but UF didn't even offer yet he doesn't hold the grudge against them?

Grudge? Is he still visiting? If not then he gave them the same treatment as us. He's committed to WVU. Oh well back to the drawing board for us.

Yea was gonna add if he held a grudge against Miami for offering late he's holding the same grudge against UF since he's not wasting time visiting there either. Sucks but I can't be mad at a kid for sticking by the school that's been with him from the beginning when you got kids out here committing to 3 different schools in one cycle.

Advertisement
That's why you offer early.

It only matters with Miami though. Let UF offer late and these kids are open to it.

Who cares if kids are open to uf late or not? We aren't uf, we're Miami. We have some advantages they don't have and they have some we don't have. We need to recruit well regardless of what they're doing

yea, you completely missed his point. take another stab at it.

His point is self explanatory, there is no hidden meaning behind it. South Florida kids don't respect their hometown program as much as they do UF or FSU because we offer late & cant flip a kid but UF/FSU does it and the kids are open to it. We can't change how these kids think until we start winning. Like Lu said, we don't win, play the bag game, or anticipate well enough. We need to do better. Instead of offering a committed prospect 3 months before signing day, we should've offered Harley after seeing him at Paradise camp or spring practice. His talent level/ceiling hasn't changed a bit since then.

His post wasn't tough to understand. Commentating about UF just distracts from the main point that wr recruiting has been abysmal

strike two.

he wasn't defending our staff's record or their recruiting. it was simply a critique on the belief that offering "late" was the main reason we lost him.

Dude--You yourself said "he comin" in the Pete's Harley thread. I see you went back and deleted it. Wow!

Btw the people on the UF board are shocked by this so I don't think the stories of UF passing on him are accurate. McElwain's strategy in recruiting has sometimes been to try to strong-arm some recruits into a visit by saying their offer is attached to their visit. Other times, like in Edwards' case, they do have an offer but under the condition that they have to commit right away. So basically just a technicality. From everything I'm reading the staff was making a run at Harley and thought they had a good shot to add him to the class after his visit.

Advertisement
Clearly, he's going there because they offered before we did. It's really that simple. It always works that way. Whenever we offer earlier than the competition, we get the recruit. When we don't we don't get the recruit.

Since you still haven't answered the question, I'll assume you don't have an answer. Why is he the first South Florida kid in recent memory to pick WVU over Miami?

I think the reason is pretty obvious: he felt loyalty to Seider, who offered him and started a relationship eleven months before we did. It's the only advantage WVU had.

Advertisement
Why is he the first South Florida kid in recent memory to pick WVU over Miami?

Because the Gators never offered.

Why did he pick WVU instead of Miami?
free tuition for his sister

This is like cosmic karma for the game Richt played with Toshiba Michel and his brother.

I don't think he's opposed to doing the same thing here, just for game changing recruits.

Guys like Harley and Holloman (in my opinion) ain't worthy of such treatment.

Advertisement
Why did he pick WVU instead of Miami?

Mainly his relationship with his recruiter, sister aspect, spread system, etc. We get your point. Had we recruited him all along, maybe, maybe, he would have chose us over WVU. Our point is had we recruited him all along & UF came in late with an offer, he would have most likely bolted regardless.

Last edited:

Dude--You yourself said "he comin" in the Pete's Harley thread. I see you went back and deleted it. Wow!

Wow...this gets glossed over. Dude is so obsessed with his e-cred he goes back and deletes his posts? If this is true (which I wouldn't doubt it) its pretty sad.

Wow...this gets glossed over. Dude is so obsessed with his e-cred he goes back and deletes his posts? If this is true (which I wouldn't doubt it) its pretty sad.

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express or anything, but I'm pretty sure Chise saying he coming or Cane Lock was either mocking or antics since he never claims to be an insider.

Advertisement
Back