Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

I can't believe people on this site are sh*tting on Pete because he was wrong. I, for one, would rather get the amount of info Pete has been getting lately and have him be wrong on occasion than not say anything for fear of being wrong. People on this site are a bunch of ingrates. If you can't deal with the occasional miss on info, then you shouldn't probably be on this board.

Advertisement
I still dont understand why we are so ****ed about missing out on a 3* that nobody big wanted. He is 155 lbs right? 5-9? There are plenty of short guys who can run and catch down here. We will find them. We will develop them and we will be fine.

hmmm idk maybe its because we have 1 WR commit who most likely isn't even a WR.

i can only speak for myself but I'm not mad about Harley per se. I'm ****ed that we've screwed up WR recruiting despite knowing since Spring that we need speed. We have one player committed right now. Unacceptable. Insupportable. Disappointing.

So the kid that always wanted to be Gator needed his offer in the summer, yet when he got his offer people came running in here with his troll tweet of him sitting in Hard Rock saying "at the crib". Ok.

How early would UF have to offer to get the alleged Cane fan Harley?

This **** had nothing to do with us offering "late" and everything to do with him trying to parlay us into a UF offer.

So the kid that always wanted to be Gator needed his offer in the summer, yet when he got his offer people came running in here with his troll tweet of him sitting in Hard Rock saying "at the crib". Ok.

This **** had nothing to do with us offering "late" and everything to do with him trying to parlay us into a UF offer.

What school is he signing with? And what advantage does that school have over us, besides an eleven month head-start in recruiting Harley?

What school is he signing with? And what advantage does that school have over us, besides an eleven month head-start in recruiting Harley?

In other words you thought he was really interested in Miami because he lives in South Florida and you thought the timing of the offer meant something when really he was actually leveraging the offer with the hope of something more. Florida didn't start sniffing around until we offered and even then they weren't willing to offer him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still dont understand why we are so ****ed about missing out on a 3* that nobody big wanted. He is 155 lbs right? 5-9? There are plenty of short guys who can run and catch down here. We will find them. We will develop them and we will be fine.

I'll upvote when we find one

Take ur pick off of a Belle Glades and Pahokee JV team let alone varsity teams. Just watch a South Florida High School football game if you live down here. Small fast guys are errywhere.

In other words because you thought he was really interested in Miami because he lives in South Florida and you thought the timing of the offer meant something when really he was actually leveraging the offer with the hope of something more. Florida didn't start sniffing around until we offered and even then they weren't willing to offer him.

What school did he pick? Was it Florida?

In other words because you thought he was really interested in Miami because he lives in South Florida and you thought the timing of the offer meant something when really he was actually leveraging the offer with the hope of something more. Florida didn't start sniffing around until we offered and even then they weren't willing to offer him.

They never offered so you never know

Wake up. You're brighter than this.

He's begging UF to offer so he doesn't give a fvck about the lateness of an offer. He tried to parlay UM's offer into a UF offer. If UF offered him tomorrow he'd go there.

Lateness of offers is pretext recruits use to make dopey fans get on their side when they decide to scurry out of town. Dopey fans can then congratulate the weasel kid for being loyal to WVU and blame UM for waiting too long.

Miami had plenty of time to recruit this guy and flip him. They either didn't try hard enough because they didn't care that much about him, or they tried hard and failed.

Advertisement

He couldn't pick Florida. You have no proof he would've committed to Miami if his offer came early. The kid told the world he dreamt of being a Gator. Your assumption that Miami would've been his choice had Richt handed him an offer at the Paradise Camp is based on what?

Must be the undying loyalty the kids in South Florida show to the hometown school.

[TWEET]813911618883121153[/TWEET]

Tell me again how offering early would've mattered. Kid was waiting on that Florida offer and he didn't get it.

No more about this kid was just waiting for his dream Miami offer.

Between the father and the son I'm pretty sure they'd both watch any alpha tap Momma Harley's ***. This weak sauce kid should be dead to us all.

Harley's as short as he is 'cause Senior's crank is itty bitty. Momma Harley told me.

That Instagram post was all I needed to get over this.

Like I've said, Harley would have been a nice role player here. But he's a beta bytch with tiny Trump hands. Hope he catches nothing but syphilis and Ls up in Bum****sville.

Last edited:

He's begging UF to offer so he doesn't give a fvck about the lateness of an offer. He tried to parlay UM's offer into a UF offer. If UF offered him tomorrow he'd go there.

Lateness of offers is pretext recruits use to make dopey fans get on their side when they decide to scurry out of town. Dopey fans can then congratulate the weasel kid for being loyal to WVU and blame UM for waiting too long.

Miami had plenty of time to recruit this guy and flip him. They either didn't try hard enough because they didn't care that much about him, or they tried hard and failed.

I think you right Franchise. Totally makes sense.

Advertisement

Harley would've committed to Miami early and then used the label as "Miami commit" to get interest from other places. He would've followed the Brian Edwards route. He'd decommit and write some fake earnest paragraph on his iPhone note app about how he's opening up his recruitment and then thank the coaches all the while hoping and praying for a UF offer.

That Instagram post was all I needed to get over this.

Like I've said, Harley would have been a nice role player here. But he's a beta bytch with tiny Trump hands. Hope he catches nothing but syphilis and Ls up in Bum****sville.

Thread shoulda ended with this post.

He couldn't pick Florida. You have no proof he would've committed to Miami if his offer came early. The kid told the world he dreamt of being a Gator. Your assumption that Miami would've been his choice had Richt handed him an offer at the Paradise Camp is based on what?

Must be the undying loyalty the kids in South Florida show to the hometown school.

Going with this. If he wanted to come here, the timing of the offer short of getting it on NSD wouldn't matter. We slow played Bandy and he's a critical position of need. Dude got his offer and 3 weeks later he committed and has been one of the main recruiters in this class. Given his instagram post, it's quite evident now that he was never going to come here and was trolling Miami. As was mentioned earlier, he tried to parlay his Miami offer into a UF offer. Once it became apparent that UF wasn't going to offer, he pulled the I'm going to solidify my commitment because the actual school I wanted to go to isn't going to offer.

Fck him.

Advertisement
i get fsu but why would kids want a UF offer. they suck.
I dont blame this kid for WVU loyalty. we didnt recruit him hard.
end of day, our fanbase had to force our coaches into an offer. uf and fsu didnt offer and we are acting like we lost jeudy

South Florida kids consistently wanting to be Gators, Noles, whatever is the bigger issue. F%^& Harley and his trolling a$$. The good news is he'll have plenty of time to watch the UiFs on TV with all of WVagU noon kickoffs, assuming his dorm has cable.

these morons in high school thinking richt is a corch, yet wanting to go to uf

when are they gonna figure out that jimmy boy is in way over his ***ing head

these morons in high school thinking richt is a corch, yet wanting to go to uf

when are they gonna figure out that jimmy boy is in way over his ***ing head

UF's going down the path we've been on post-2005. Muschamp was their Slappy without winning a title. Dude went 4-8 which included a loss to Al Golden and Georgia Southern. Transition to McEltooth whom is starting to show his corching abilities and hasn't been that great on the recruiting front and looks like he's going to be Radio (ironically has said guy on staff). Point being, they're 0 for 2 on their last hires and I don't care about them winning their division either considering that crap division amounts to a participation trophy. They'd be playing with their **** if they were in the SEC West at the bottom with Miss. St.

Advertisement
Back