Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

Was busy today but just getting on here and just finished recording a podcast with DMoney.

I was wrong on this. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. They really screwed up this recruitment, though. Should have had his offer no later than after Paradise Camp. It would have made a difference. They've dug themselves in a huge hole

What's next....if anything

Advertisement
So why do we assume you're right that an early offer before he played a HS game would have sealed the deal?

We offered when? October or November? Would August have 100% locked him in? Would he have been impervious to the message Seider sent him and the relationship he built with him just because our offer came in August instead of November?

I understand the early offer idea. It makes some sense. But you shouldn't have to offer everyone with an inkling of abilityin their junior year in order to get them.

You have listed a ton of your under the radar guys over the years. If we don't offer all the guys on your extensive lists as juniors are we doomed?

We need better salesmen.

1) The late offer ****ed off Harley's dad per multiple sources, and he was in his ear about WVU.
2) The fact that Miami was out of the picture allowed Seider to develop a relationship without competition from us. Dugans was playing catch up in developing a relationship according to Harley's own interviews.

And I didn't just list Harley on a South Florida Watch List. I specifically said we should offer him due to our lack of speed. That was back in the spring. Harley didn't need to get sold on UM. He needed to get sold on WVU, and our inaction allowed a great recruiter like Seider to do just that.

So I was right - another sofla father diva willing to send his son down the wrong path.

And chalk this one up to "relationships" as being the trump card.

How is his dad a diva? Cause his kid didn't pick our school? Look this fumble is on us through and through.

The late offer ****ed off his dad. That's straight out of the sofla diva dad "where's mine?" Handbook. I'm not saying we didn't fumble this offer but that's straight horse **** to choose hillbilly U bc of a late offer

Fûck Harley and his Diva Dad. I just saw the quote where he said he always wanted to be a Gayturd...and he's mad Miami slow played him when he wasn't even a fan?

Was busy today but just getting on here and just finished recording a podcast with DMoney.

I was wrong on this. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. They really screwed up this recruitment, though. Should have had his offer no later than after Paradise Camp. It would have made a difference. They've dug themselves in a huge hole

CAn Dugan offer kids or does richt say who we offer ?

That's why you offer early.

Still don't understand why it took so **** long, especially in a down year for South Florida WRs.

Especially considering Richt was on record stating they needed speed and then proceeded to secure commitments from Rodney Scott and Kevaughn Dingle.

This is Golden Level bad.

and that was found in the SPRING...when most of the fans...m eincluded were confused on his supposed need for speed...an offering two kids in the 4.8"s and WE FANS were calling for HaRLEY in the spring

Advertisement

We've gone from "he comin" to they really screwed up his recruitment and the offer should've come earlier, yet no one knew he grew up wanting to be a Gator.

Last edited:

We've gone from "he's comin" to they really screwed up his recruitment and the offer should've come earlier, yet no one knew he grew up wanting to be a Gator.

Miami was a fall back plan at best.

Advertisement

We've gone from "he's comin" to they really screwed up his recruitment and the offer should've come earlier, yet no one knew he grew up wanting to be a Gator.

Sounds like no one knew a **** thing on this one

That's why you offer early.

Still don't understand why it took so **** long, especially in a down year for South Florida WRs.

Especially considering Richt was on record stating they needed speed and then proceeded to secure commitments from Rodney Scott and Kevaughn Dingle.

This is Golden Level bad.

and that was found in the SPRING...when most of the fans...m eincluded were confused on his supposed need for speed...an offering two kids in the 4.8"s and WE FANS were calling for HaRLEY in the spring

These coaches didn't want Harley. Right or wrong they didn't think much of him as a prospect. Maybe Richt was saving the in-home but Dugans only saw him once and that was it.

Last edited:
These coaches didn't want Harley. Right or wrong they didn't think much of him as a prospect

They wanted him enough to offer in November. And it doesn't seem like we are recruiting a ton of backup plans.

Advertisement
We're never gonna be what we once we're. Just ******* face it already. It's a new day & age. Sure the potential will always be there but we don't drop bags. If you don't drop bags you will not win a nat'l title. Period. If you think otherwise you're a moron.

Miami was a fall back plan at best.

Or were we a plan just to up the kid's "juice" and get that (gayly) coveted UiF offer....that never came. Again, this kid's dad seems more and more like the type of ***** that is wannabe Gayta material.

We're never gonna be what we once we're. Just ******* face it already. It's a new day & age. Sure the potential will always be there but we don't drop bags. If you don't drop bags you will not win a nat'l title. Period. If you think otherwise you're a moron.

Somebody needs to step up but be low key

Advertisement
These coaches didn't want Harley. Right or wrong they didn't think much of him as a prospect

They wanted him enough to offer in November. And it doesn't seem like we are recruiting a ton of backup plans.

Yeah and all they did was send Dugans once. Maybe Richt would've seen him after the dead period was over but he didn't get one of those last ditch visits before the dead period like Carter, Donaldson and others got. Nothing they've done says he was a priority. Meanwhile WVU had multiple coaches at his house on their last visit.

Harley was the backup plan. And not one they put alot of effort in to secure.

Last edited:
Whoever fed him that misinformation at UM must have been exceedingly comfortable that the allegedly late offer wasn't a factor.

And they were wrong.

If you look at my posts, I've been screaming to offer him for ten months. This is exactly what I was afraid of.

YOU AND ME BOTH BROTHER. But guys always say..coaches know better. Yous aid you want a speed infusion..the fastest kid down here was in play...and you didnt even sniff em??. Seider is a good recruiter though....but still ...YOU PLAYED YOURSELF.

Checked in with my guy, he's sticking to he was a silent story. Staff isn't happy about it and will keep trying according to him.

Who knows what happened, but if he's playing the loyalty card with WVU, I can't fault him in that. We give these young men **** all the time about their antics, so if serious....smart or not, that's character.

Somebody needs to step up but be low key

If soembody don't it's over. That's just the facts. Yeah we get some nice kids like Bandy, Dallas, etc but those guys are program changers. We need the Juedys, Ridleys, Cooks etc.

Advertisement
Back