Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

Advertisement
We lose one 3 star recruit and we get the following posts:
Richt was a complete and utter disaster this season.
Coach Kool is only good coach on staff.

I mean this loss stings, it this is overreacting at its finest.

If we lose our bowl game this season is a disaster....coulda gave Larry Scott a 8-5 low paying salary.... along with keeping Byrd and Willaims in the class....Miami paid 4 mil for better...a bowl win could "possibly" help them land a stud or two down the stretch.

Tyler Byrd wasn't coming here. He was living with another Vols commit. Williams committed to Miami because of Dugans. Tennessee didn't know he existed until Miami got him to commit and Larry Scott showed little to no interest in him while at Miami.

people said williams was scared he wouldnt get burn because of AR, Bruce, and Mullins

Why are we still freaking out over this kid? His offer list is pretty weak. the fans basically forced the staff into an offer. they paid the kid hardly any attention. UF wont even offer. other WVU, he had offers from places like Indiana and Kentucky. i want kids with FSU, Bama, etc offers.

Advertisement

If we lose our bowl game this season is a disaster....coulda gave Larry Scott a 8-5 low paying salary.... along with keeping Byrd and Willaims in the class....Miami paid 4 mil for better...a bowl win could "possibly" help them land a stud or two down the stretch.

Tyler Byrd wasn't coming here. He was living with another Vols commit. Williams committed to Miami because of Dugans. Tennessee didn't know he existed until Miami got him to commit and Larry Scott showed little to no interest in him while at Miami.

That's a totally different argument...8-5 is still 8-5 tho.

[TWEET]813911618883121153[/TWEET]

Tell me again how offering early would've mattered. Kid was waiting on that Florida offer and he didn't get it.

No more about this kid was just waiting for his dream Miami offer.

Between the father and the son I'm pretty sure they'd both watch any alpha tap Momma Harley's ***. This weak sauce kid should be dead to us all.

Beat FSU and one of UNC and Notre Dame and we're 10-2 probably playing in the orange bowl.

Rick choked the season and the class. Just brutal that we're on failed coach #4

Why are we still freaking out over this kid? His offer list is pretty weak. the fans basically forced the staff into an offer. they paid the kid hardly any attention. UF wont even offer. other WVU, he had offers from places like Indiana and Kentucky. i want kids with FSU, Bama, etc offers.

Because overexaggeration is what Canes fan does best. Listen the WR recruiting has been bad this year but the recruiting overall ? The best in a long while . UM will end with its highest ranked class since the 2nd Shannon class and the more we win the better it will get. And the thing about the WR recruiting that is funny is none the guys we are recruiting ( I dont count Jeudy as he was never ever going anywhere other then Bama) wouldn't play next year regardless .The 8th and 9th WR doesn't play . But they are important for depth as if we end this class with 1 1/2 WR ( I count Dallas as a 1/2) then we will need to sign like 7 next season which is too many . We need to add 2-3 more WR in this class and I think we will though I think 1 will be a grad transfer.

Advertisement
I'm happy Harley posted that soft *** picture. It just proves that no one knows anything. All this talk about about how WVU built a relationship that we couldn't overcome because we offered late is just BS because people thought they knew more about Harley than they actually did. Not one person who is supposed to have insight on these things said that Harley was a Gator fan.

I'm happy Harley posted that soft *** picture. It just proves that no one knows anything. All this talk about about how WVU built a relationship that we couldn't overcome because we offered late is just BS because people thought they knew more about Harley than they actually did. Not one person who is supposed to have insight on these things said that Harley was a Gator fan.

I'd be real curious as to who The Brow's sauces were on this. An overconfident misguided UM staffer is one thing (and a separate problem) but it's also seemingly a possibility that our dear Peter is now a heightened object to get played (and UM and the fanbase by proxy) with his increased exposure via the Herald and tv. If I was a legit punk that wanted to mess with Miami and the fans but didn't have the cojones to do it directly to the staff then I'd definitely mess around with Ariz. Definitely not saying that's what happened but it's seemingly a bigger possibility with the more exposure Peter gets.

Advertisement

Because overexaggeration is what Canes fan does best. Listen the WR recruiting has been bad this year but the recruiting overall ? The best in a long while . UM will end with its highest ranked class since the 2nd Shannon class and the more we win the better it will get. And the thing about the WR recruiting that is funny is none the guys we are recruiting ( I dont count Jeudy as he was never ever going anywhere other then Bama) wouldn't play next year regardless .The 8th and 9th WR doesn't play . But they are important for depth as if we end this class with 1 1/2 WR ( I count Dallas as a 1/2) then we will need to sign like 7 next season which is too many . We need to add 2-3 more WR in this class and I think we will though I think 1 will be a grad transfer.
. better than 2014? You know something we don't?

Pete missing longer than Al Golden during the PSU fiasco ;)

No sour grapes, I'd still take him, but this kid has bust written all over him.

Advertisement
Was busy today but just getting on here and just finished recording a podcast with DMoney.

I was wrong on this. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. They really screwed up this recruitment, though. Should have had his offer no later than after Paradise Camp. It would have made a difference. They've dug themselves in a huge hole

So the kid that always wanted to be Gator needed his offer in the summer, yet when he got his offer people came running in here with his troll tweet of him sitting in Hard Rock saying "at the crib". Ok.

Advertisement
Back