Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

I would agree with DMoney but it also tells me this. With all the money we spent to get Richt, I think it was a poor decision. We could have signed a much hungrier, enthusiastic, better recruiter, and a qualified signal caller. We spent $4 Million for Richt and for all his so called coaching talents this season was a complete utter failure again. I do think the recruiting class is going to be very good based on where UM is in the college world. With that being said, he needs to hire a professional offensive coordinator but I would grade him C minus this year. Do you really think Richt made such a difference in Kaaya this year? I personally thought Kaaya digressed for most of the season. WE DID NOT WIN THE BIG GAMES WHEN WE NEEDED TO AGAIN. Nothing less than winning the Division and maybe the ACC Championship would be acceptable for next year. There is a reason why Richt was fired from Georgia.

Brad Kaaya sucked last year. And he sucked this year. Has nothing to do with the coaches, he's just not a good qb so let it go

Please every QB richt coached from fsu through UGA were almost all all conference players. He put a ton into the NFL. spare me. dont hold richt responsible for the fact you guys bought into the golden hype on Kaaya. as i have said before, if kaaya was that great, ucla, usc, washington, zona,asu etc would have been on him way harder.

I'm on your side on this topic... Ppl on this board act like Coach Richt is a Golden Shannon level HC that warrants scrutiny and uncertainty around his program. Richt knows how to get players with way more talent than Kaaya to excel and perform well. Kaaya just sucks he's soft too busy rembering all the mean tweets of um fans in ABC order or some weird **** like that

he sees the game slow too. richt in numerous interviews has mentioned kaayas negatives politely.

Advertisement
I'm hearing Harley may have developed some uncomfortable feelings towards his sister. Only place that kind of love is acceptable is game of thrones and wvu. Can't put this one in the coaches.

Advertisement
We'll see what he does after we throttle WV tomorrow. Reality, don't know if he was tough enough to make through practices against our D. WV is the easy route, and if he chooses that, he don't have the Dog in him.

WV offered Harley and his sister. If Miami didn't do the same then they didn't match what WV offer Harley and his family.

We'll see what he does after we throttle WV tomorrow. Reality, don't know if he was tough enough to make through practices against our D. WV is the easy route, and if he chooses that, he don't have the Dog in him.

How is it the easy route? I mean the kid was practically begging for an offer. We slow played him. Doesn't it says more about his character that he stuck with the squad who was on him first as opposed to just jumping ship agter we missed out on some other prospects. Kid has worked hard his entire life. I don't think our defense is scaring him. I saw the kid's limited film from last year or whatever before he became a full time starter. He's a stud.

Advertisement

How is it the easy route? I mean the kid was practically begging for an offer. We slow played him. Doesn't it says more about his character that he stuck with the squad who was on him first as opposed to just jumping ship agter we missed out on some other prospects. Kid has worked hard his entire life. I don't think our defense is scaring him. I saw the kid's limited film from last year or whatever before he became a full time starter. He's a stud.

i dont blame a kid for staying with a program loyal to him. I just question how bad this staff really wanted him.

Whoever fed him that misinformation at UM must have been exceedingly comfortable that the allegedly late offer wasn't a factor.

And they were wrong.

If you look at my posts, I've been screaming to offer him for ten months. This is exactly what I was afraid of.
So why do we assume you're right that an early offer before he played a HS game would have sealed the deal?

We offered when? October or November? Would August have 100% locked him in? Would he have been impervious to the message Seider sent him and the relationship he built with him just because our offer came in August instead of November?

I understand the early offer idea. It makes some sense. But you shouldn't have to offer everyone with an inkling of abilityin their junior year in order to get them.

You have listed a ton of your under the radar guys over the years. If we don't offer all the guys on your extensive lists as juniors are we doomed?

We need better salesmen.

1) The late offer ****ed off Harley's dad per multiple sources, and he was in his ear about WVU.
2) The fact that Miami was out of the picture allowed Seider to develop a relationship without competition from us. Dugans was playing catch up in developing a relationship according to Harley's own interviews.

And I didn't just list Harley on a South Florida Watch List. I specifically said we should offer him due to our lack of speed. That was back in the spring. Harley didn't need to get sold on UM. He needed to get sold on WVU, and our inaction allowed a great recruiter like Seider to do just that.

So I was right - another sofla father diva willing to send his son down the wrong path.

And chalk this one up to "relationships" as being the trump card.

Advertisement
Interesting choice by Harley, but perhaps a wise one for him.

If his sister is getting a full ride to play basketball then good for him / his dad for negotiating that.

He's not an elite talent and I don't know how much burn he gets this year. If we continue to improve with Richt he'd quickly be buried on the depth chart. Perhaps wiser to go to WVU where he's always going to see time.

Yep. Helluva deal. It costs a whole $7k a year for some in-state opioid addict to go to that fine institution. We should've offered this master dealmaker a voucher for Broward College for the daughter and a gift certificate to the Davie Blvd. Flanigan's. Probably would've bitten.

I don't know the family, but that's a free $28k for his daughter. Not to be sniffed at.

Tuition at Aquinas is like $12k per year.

Whoever fed him that misinformation at UM must have been exceedingly comfortable that the allegedly late offer wasn't a factor.

And they were wrong.

If you look at my posts, I've been screaming to offer him for ten months. This is exactly what I was afraid of.
So why do we assume you're right that an early offer before he played a HS game would have sealed the deal?

We offered when? October or November? Would August have 100% locked him in? Would he have been impervious to the message Seider sent him and the relationship he built with him just because our offer came in August instead of November?

I understand the early offer idea. It makes some sense. But you shouldn't have to offer everyone with an inkling of abilityin their junior year in order to get them.

You have listed a ton of your under the radar guys over the years. If we don't offer all the guys on your extensive lists as juniors are we doomed?

We need better salesmen.

1) The late offer ****ed off Harley's dad per multiple sources, and he was in his ear about WVU.
2) The fact that Miami was out of the picture allowed Seider to develop a relationship without competition from us. Dugans was playing catch up in developing a relationship according to Harley's own interviews.

And I didn't just list Harley on a South Florida Watch List. I specifically said we should offer him due to our lack of speed. That was back in the spring. Harley didn't need to get sold on UM. He needed to get sold on WVU, and our inaction allowed a great recruiter like Seider to do just that.

So I was right - another sofla father diva willing to send his son down the wrong path.

And chalk this one up to "relationships" as being the trump card.

How is his dad a diva? Cause his kid didn't pick our school? Look this fumble is on us through and through.

Advertisement
TBH, IF UM closes with 2 WR STUDS in 18 then it's not a huge deal if all that comes in is Njoku and a transfer in 17. UM will need 4 WRs next year, which is never good. My biggest concern is that QBs are gonna jump ship due to our lack of incoming talent and depth at WR. Especially if Kaaya ends up staying.

Next time, listen to the Living Legend. I told you cats it was far from a done deal even while Pete kept assuring you he was coming. If it was such a done deal then it would have been done already.

No way Harley was going to fvck Hologram like that and decommit on him on the last week of the cycle after they offered him and were good to him. He was stringing it along because he wasn't sure what he was going to do. He wasn't doing it to fvck Hologram over at the last minute.

Yep, no doubt he also had people in his circle talking to him how UM didn't really care for him much early on and he should remember that - you know, typical sofla groupthink.

Not a big surprise. And tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose Herbert as wel.
If we can't get a 3 star midget from STA then nothing is a guarantee. We start losing recruiting battles to WVU then we are officially in trouble.

Only bright spot, if there is one, is that the immortal Butch David (in the eyes of the mooks on here) lost a couple recruits to WVU including Osa Nosa.

But yeah. We're in a world of trouble if we can't beat WVU for a local 3 star midget.

A few days ago I said Miami should pull this kids offer once he announced he would visit UFag. We need some savages on this staff..prayers won't help us pull in the top dogs or win games.

Now we look like we lost another recruiting battle instead of big dycks who don't tolegate games from a 3* midgets.

Advertisement
Back