Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

the coaches never really recruited him hard. even in the contact period they werent on him that hard. it feels like this board loves him more than the coaches.

He got one visit from Dugans in late November and then nothing else. He wasn't visited on that tour of South Florida the coaches were taking right before the dead period hit at midnight either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
But the fact that we can't beat WVU on a local kid who supposedly loved UM and didn't need to be sold should be a giant red flag to you that it's not all about an early offer.

That tells me two things: (1) we are too stubborn with size requirements; and (2) we aren't realistic about our own needs. We already dealt with this same crap in the Shannon era.
And, this is why I responded to you earlier in this thread re: multiple concerns. It's not really about losing Harley. This is more along the lines of "why didn't we take advantage of Njoku between the hashes against crap FSU safeties this year." Rigidity kills. Lack of anticipation is no bueno. Hopefully, the staff rebounds by immediately rectifying their mistake(s) the same way we began to attack the middle of the field with Njoku the next game.

Agreed, Golden would've gotten Harley. Because he would've been on him from the get go. Instead our guys are trying to build an elite program by going after Jeudy, Smith, and Holloman. You guys probably have ugly wives/girlfriends.

23 pages and nothing from Pete to take his medicine. Same thing happened with Jeudy.

Everything looks great for Miami, he says. Then they're not coming and he's nowhere to be found.

Every indication shows pete was right about jeudy. He never said we were more likely to get him than bama. What he did say is he had an amazing visit and he was really contemplating his choices, which he was.

i think jeudy was here just to work Chris Henderson who bama wants. Jeudy wasnt contemplating a thing when he litearally reaffirmed the minute he got home

Advertisement
the coaches never really recruited him hard. even in the contact period they werent on him that hard. it feels like this board loves him more than the coaches.

He got one visit from Dugans in late November and then nothing else. He wasn't visited on that tour of South Florida the coaches were taking right before the dead period hit at midnight either.

If the coaches didn't recruit him hard after offering they are even dumber than when I thought they just struck out on him.

If the coaches didn't recruit him hard after offering they are even dumber than when I thought they just struck out on him.

maybe he wasnt a priority. its seems like they werent that crazy about him. his offer sheet isnt that impressive. the fans on this board built him into jerry jeudy 2.0

I just honestly think this staff was lazy and too wrapped up into the season to reevaluate recruits.

I would agree with DMoney but it also tells me this. With all the money we spent to get Richt, I think it was a poor decision. We could have signed a much hungrier, enthusiastic, better recruiter, and a qualified signal caller. We spent $4 Million for Richt and for all his so called coaching talents this season was a complete utter failure again. I do think the recruiting class is going to be very good based on where UM is in the college world. With that being said, he needs to hire a professional offensive coordinator but I would grade him C minus this year. Do you really think Richt made such a difference in Kaaya this year? I personally thought Kaaya digressed for most of the season. WE DID NOT WIN THE BIG GAMES WHEN WE NEEDED TO AGAIN. Nothing less than winning the Division and maybe the ACC Championship would be acceptable for next year. There is a reason why Richt was fired from Georgia.

Advertisement

I don't know what they think of him as a player but it seems like it wasn't much. They didn't put that much effort into him from the get go. Maybe Richt was gonna save his in home till after he made the official visit but they've shown a relative lack of care for him as a prospect. I doubt there all that shook about Harley going to West Virginia. No big schools in the south think much of him.

Last edited:
Interesting choice by Harley, but perhaps a wise one for him.

If his sister is getting a full ride to play basketball then good for him / his dad for negotiating that.

He's not an elite talent and I don't know how much burn he gets this year. If we continue to improve with Richt he'd quickly be buried on the depth chart. Perhaps wiser to go to WVU where he's always going to see time.

If his sister is getting a full ride to play basketball then good for him / his dad for negotiating that.

He's not an elite talent and I don't know how much burn he gets this year. If we continue to improve with Richt he'd quickly be buried on the depth chart. Perhaps wiser to go to WVU where he's always going to see time.

Yep. Helluva deal. It costs a whole $7k a year for some in-state opioid addict to go to that fine institution. We should've offered this master dealmaker a voucher for Broward College for the daughter and a gift certificate to the Davie Blvd. Flanigan's. Probably would've bitten.

Advertisement
I would agree with DMoney but it also tells me this. With all the money we spent to get Richt, I think it was a poor decision. We could have signed a much hungrier, enthusiastic, better recruiter, and a qualified signal caller. We spent $4 Million for Richt and for all his so called coaching talents this season was a complete utter failure again. I do think the recruiting class is going to be very good based on where UM is in the college world. With that being said, he needs to hire a professional offensive coordinator but I would grade him C minus this year. Do you really think Richt made such a difference in Kaaya this year? I personally thought Kaaya digressed for most of the season. WE DID NOT WIN THE BIG GAMES WHEN WE NEEDED TO AGAIN. Nothing less than winning the Division and maybe the ACC Championship would be acceptable for next year. There is a reason why Richt was fired from Georgia.

Brad Kaaya sucked last year. And he sucked this year. Has nothing to do with the coaches, he's just not a good qb so let it go

Brad Kaaya sucked last year. And he sucked this year. Has nothing to do with the coaches, he's just not a good qb so let it go

Please every QB richt coached from fsu through UGA were almost all all conference players. He put a ton into the NFL. spare me. dont hold richt responsible for the fact you guys bought into the golden hype on Kaaya. as i have said before, if kaaya was that great, ucla, usc, washington, zona,asu etc would have been on him way harder.

How many good coaches our on this staff besides kool who is qulaified anyone horrendous

Advertisement

Yep. Helluva deal. It costs a whole $7k a year for some in-state opioid addict to go to that fine institution. We should've offered this master dealmaker a voucher for Broward College for the daughter and a gift certificate to the Davie Blvd. Flanigan's. Probably would've bitten.

I don't know the family, but that's a free $28k for his daughter. Not to be sniffed at.

How many good coaches our on this staff besides kool who is qulaified anyone horrendous

whhaatt.webp

Please every QB richt coached from fsu through UGA were almost all all conference players. He put a ton into the NFL. spare me. dont hold richt responsible for the fact you guys bought into the golden hype on Kaaya. as i have said before, if kaaya was that great, ucla, usc, washington, zona,asu etc would have been on him way harder.

I'm on your side on this topic... Ppl on this board act like Coach Richt is a Golden Shannon level HC that warrants scrutiny and uncertainty around his program. Richt knows how to get players with way more talent than Kaaya to excel and perform well. Kaaya just sucks he's soft too busy rembering all the mean tweets of um fans in ABC order or some weird **** like that

Advertisement
Back