Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

Advertisement
Richt recruited wideouts just fine at UGA, got a lot of big name kids to go there, dont know what the issue is this year, last year we cleaned up this year complete failure, im officially on the **** dugans bandwagon now im putting this on him

Whoever fed him that misinformation at UM must have been exceedingly comfortable that the allegedly late offer wasn't a factor.

And they were wrong.

If you look at my posts, I've been screaming to offer him for ten months. This is exactly what I was afraid of.
So why do we assume you're right that an early offer before he played a HS game would have sealed the deal?

We offered when? October or November? Would August have 100% locked him in? Would he have been impervious to the message Seider sent him and the relationship he built with him just because our offer came in August instead of November?

I understand the early offer idea. It makes some sense. But you shouldn't have to offer everyone with an inkling of abilityin their junior year in order to get them.

You have listed a ton of your under the radar guys over the years. If we don't offer all the guys on your extensive lists as juniors are we doomed?

We need better salesmen.

1) The late offer ****ed off Harley's dad per multiple sources, and he was in his ear about WVU.
2) The fact that Miami was out of the picture allowed Seider to develop a relationship without competition from us. Dugans was playing catch up in developing a relationship according to Harley's own interviews.

And I didn't just list Harley on a South Florida Watch List. I specifically said we should offer him due to our lack of speed. That was back in the spring. Harley didn't need to get sold on UM. He needed to get sold on WVU, and our inaction allowed a great recruiter like Seider to do just that.

22 pages and nobody has offered prayers to the Harleys and addressed how hard it'll be for them to live in this community for the next 4 years. I doubt they'll even get served at the Publix deli......without some d!ckless fool congratulating them and wishing Michelle well.

Advertisement
With all due respect. Are staff waited how long to offer Harley? It was almost like the fans forced it like they did with berrios. He fast and I would take him but it seems fans love him more than coaches

Dugans job should now be based on whether or not Smith is a Cane. The only other saving grace would be a flip from Juedy or another highly regarded 4 star speedster. A Golden special should not keep him in Miami next season. You can't whiff on everyone like this and expect to stay employed. He grabbed commits only to find out after taking them they're slower than molasses. Then had to much ground to make up with everyone else. This is a complete failure unless he pulls Smith, which is a loooonnnnnnggg shot. I'll bet Richt send him out to LA 1st thing after the dead period.

Last edited:
Never realized how big of Puzzies Cane's fans were until we lost out on a 5'3" 3*WR.. Pathetic

We aren't mad about Harley. We are mad about Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy, Hollowman, Smith. The fact that we can't land 5'3 3* WRs in our own backyard is just an extra kick in the ****.

With all due respect. Are staff waited how long to offer Harley? It was almost like the fans forced it like they did with berrios. He fast and I would take him but it seems fans love him more than coaches

Right or wrong I don't think they see it as a miss. At the beginning of the year he wasn't even a guy they considered.

Advertisement
Remember how anemic Rick's offense was his last couple years at UGA? He was scrambling for players so badly he had to take a reject QB from UVA. And that reject QB had no one to throw to.

Richt really never recruited wrs good at uga.

I said that when we hired him and got yelled at and had my feelings hurt by other CIS posters.

You really want to get real? He struggled with QB recruiting at times too.

LOL

Whoever fed him that misinformation at UM must have been exceedingly comfortable that the allegedly late offer wasn't a factor.

And they were wrong.

If you look at my posts, I've been screaming to offer him for ten months. This is exactly what I was afraid of.
So why do we assume you're right that an early offer before he played a HS game would have sealed the deal?

We offered when? October or November? Would August have 100% locked him in? Would he have been impervious to the message Seider sent him and the relationship he built with him just because our offer came in August instead of November?

I understand the early offer idea. It makes some sense. But you shouldn't have to offer everyone with an inkling of abilityin their junior year in order to get them.

You have listed a ton of your under the radar guys over the years. If we don't offer all the guys on your extensive lists as juniors are we doomed?

We need better salesmen.

1) The late offer ****ed off Harley's dad per multiple sources, and he was in his ear about WVU.
2) The fact that Miami was out of the picture allowed Seider to develop a relationship without competition from us. Dugans was playing catch up in developing a relationship according to Harley's own interviews.

And I didn't just list Harley on a South Florida Watch List. I specifically said we should offer him due to our lack of speed. That was back in the spring. Harley didn't need to get sold on UM. He needed to get sold on WVU, and our inaction allowed a great recruiter like Seider to do just that.

I don't think it matters with Dugans how long he recruits,he loses when he's late and he loses when he's 1st.Williams last year proved that.

Dugans should be fired tonight if this is true. His one job is a complete and utter failure.

He helped turn a freshman into an AA. He has more than one job. Stacy Coley also had his best season as a pure WR. I can't knock his coaching at all.

No, he has one job with multiple facets. Suck at one and it almost renders the rest irrelevant.

Advertisement

And they were wrong.

We need better salesmen.

Seider is a good recruiter. A great recruiter at a Big3 school should still be able to flip a kid from WVU, but its' obvious Dugans doesn't have that recruiting "it" factor, which is concerning since some coaching positions (like RB and WR) are usually where the stud recruiters are placed since those positions tend to benefit more from stud athletes than stud coaching.

My thing is dugans had very little time last year and got bruce and richards to come back aboard i dont know what the **** hes doing now, so dont say the timing thing has to do with it he had time by his standards

Richt recruited wideouts just fine at UGA, got a lot of big name kids to go there, dont know what the issue is this year, last year we cleaned up this year complete failure, im officially on the **** dugans bandwagon now im putting this on him

You and [MENTION=9774]BALLHAWKU[/MENTION] are united now on this one. Love it. I think my work is done here.

Advertisement

You and [MENTION=9774]BALLHAWKU[/MENTION] are united now on this one. Love it. I think my work is done here.

I kept saying wait and see because I rarely jump the gun on coaches but at this point there are way too many fails by him, only way i forgive dugans is if we get smith but thats a long shot it seems

Never realized how big of Puzzies Cane's fans were until we lost out on a 5'3" 3*WR.. Pathetic

We aren't mad about Harley. We are mad about Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy, Hollowman, Smith. The fact that we can't land 5'3 3* WRs in our own backyard is just an extra kick in the ****.
This. Not sure why this is so difficult for the sunshine pumpers and apologists to comprehend.

No sign of Pete on twitter or canesinsight...must be entering his own dead period

My thing is dugans had very little time last year and got bruce and richards to come back aboard i dont know what the **** hes doing now, so dont say the timing thing has to do with it he had time by his standards

We're in a lot of trouble on the recruiting side. This is beyond duffel bags... WVU doesn't have a pot to **** in like an SEC team. Sure Harley is a loss as we need speed at WR and we need bodies but anyone who thinks that most of us are just worried about losing Harley and his actual impact is not getting it. Year after year we lose the majority of these kids.

That we can't pull a 3* in our backyard at a position of need speaks to our recruiting capabilities. I'm sorry but we just got 3 Freshman All Americans...more than any other team yet we can't pull a WR or a CB we target when we need both badly? What are these guys saying or doing out there to fûck this up?

Advertisement
Back