Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

Advertisement
We got 3 wide receivers who had legit offers from bama in Mullins, Richards, cager. Just chill, Mullins hasn't played much this year because we had 2 really good receivers in coley and richards and he was behind in conditioning and the playbook. Don't make a mistake about it, he's a baller. Cager can ball too and will make an impact next year. His freshman year he was behind 3 NFL players in rashawn Scott, herb waters, Stacy coley, while also having 2 NFL tight ends on the roster in Njoku and Herndon, not sure why everyone is so quick to write cager off

Because people need to see results on the field before they crown anybody. Cager and Mullins haven't done anything yet, and just because they had offers from Bama does not mean they will be ballers here. Plenty of receivers with a Bama offer have proven to be jags. I wont stop being concerned until I see them actually make plays.

Who cares, lol y'all cry about every player on your wish list I don't give a ****.... Is Mike Harley going to carry WVU to the promise land?? No so stfu lmao weak

You knew you were going to get negged on that one. Very rare for any athlete to carry a team, especially in football. But Harley was a definite need in this class.

And next year will make it for it... He won't be a thought in a year.

Let me guess: "WHO CARES SOUTH FLORIDA IS LOADED AT (position) IN (future year)! NOT SWEATING LOSING THIS KID AT ALL!"
Yep.....Next year is all we ever here...What about now? If we don't win next season our 2018 class could be in jeapardy......Dugans, Richt or somebody better have a ace in the hole.

Harley is an above average receiver that would have probably maxed out at 25 catches a year. Jeudy was the only real miss this year so lets all relax and move on. We will get a couple of receivers this year and probably 3-4 next year and be just fine.

People here still asking about smith? Sheesh - you guys don't know when to quit. He's been gone for a long time.

Advertisement
Harley is an above average receiver that would have probably maxed out at 25 catches a year. Jeudy was the only real miss this year so lets all relax and move on. We will get a couple of receivers this year and probably 3-4 next year and be just fine.

Great idea with dystra's cross fit ability he can play wr

Lol it seems people don't really like Dugan's haha he has whiffed on every single target

We are a few injuries away from having a Brian MOnroe situation next year....Jesus how embarassing was that?

Advertisement
Literally the day before our game that's awesome. Kid was a die hard canes fan. Gets offer, now is proud of himself and spurns the home school

If the he went there b/c his sister got a ride as well then there's nothing you can blame on the coaching staff. But I don't know if that is what happened . If it is then so be it .

Advertisement
I like Carmoni Green and Sharod Johnson a lot. I think they will ball out at 'Cuse and Illinois, respectively. KD might not be fast, but he makes good grabs in traffic against S Fl DBs.

I would feel a lot better about missing out on Harley, Jeudy and Smith if we had 2 of the 3 above locked up.

IMO, at least one of them has major upside and will breakout over the next year or so and be equally productive.

I like Carmoni Green and Sharod Johnson a lot. I think they will ball out at 'Cuse and Illinois, respectively. KD might not be fast, but he makes good grabs in traffic against S Fl DBs.

I would feel a lot better about missing out on Harley, Jeudy and Smith if we had 2 of the 3 above locked up.

IMO, at least one of them has major upside and will breakout over the next year or so and be equally productive.

I agree, it appears Dugan's can't recruit above USF level

Advertisement
Remember how anemic Rick's offense was his last couple years at UGA? He was scrambling for players so badly he had to take a reject QB from UVA. And that reject QB had no one to throw to.

What's the harm in offering the fastest receiver out there, be it Quantino Allen or someone else, and taking a gamble on the speed? Right now it doesn't seem like we have much to lose.

Advertisement
Back