Bartow: Harley shuts down recruitment, sticks with WVU

Advertisement
I don't think people are freaking out about losing one kid. It's the constant losses in recruiting that have people on edge and this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

You offer everyone as a junior then you get stuck with 30 commits with a big handful of them maybe not being so good. Then you have to drop guys or get stuck taking marginal guys.

Like Dingle and Scott?

You can always drop guys. If we offered Harley after he tore up our camp he would be a Cane right now.

Advertisement
I think a lot of us are flipping out on one guy who really isn't all that special. Nice piece, but nothing to be going crazy over. I do think this is stemming from people sleeping on Cager and Mullins. I think those 2 with Berrio's are going to be fine. This offense didn't struggle because of lack of WR talent. It struggled because of the O Line. That's getting fixed. As long as our QB is upright next year, we are going to roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berrios hasn't done **** at Miami. You saw how Switzer's was being utilized at UNC; Berrios was supposed to fulfill that role - he hasn't. I'm not sleeping on Cager, but he just tore his ACL 3-4 months ago and history has shown you don't come back the same immediately. Mullins is good, but we've yet to see him play at this level.

Anything positive you want to say?

My only issue with Berrios is he was used all the wrong ways. He should be carving up the middle. Instead he runs long routes and goes up for jumpballs he's never gonna win. Can't put that on him. I think if they switch his role to a true slot guy working the middle and slants he will be huge for us. Again I think you're sleeping on what this unit can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aint even mad at Harley. Our WR recruiting has been abysmal. Said it when Richt got hired and got killed. Said it again during the season as recruiting went on and got killed. And I'll say it again: Richts WR recruiting has ALWAYS been suspect. I know, I know -- AJ Green. Yes, we know. But truthfully, Green is to Richt what Muhammad Wilkerson was to Golden.

Watch us go chase some long shot WR out in Cali or Alaska, who is never coming here, when there's still some quality WRs in our backyard we still have time to poach.

Truth is, Harley is the type of unheralded WR Miami used to eat off of, but even tho he is a UM alum, Richt is a Bobby Bowden disciple. He looks at a guy like Harley and sees small and frail, whereas Miami guys look at a guy like Harley and see a dog. They no better.

It ain't gonna change btw. If we continue to strike out on the 5 star guys at the position, our WR recruiting will be like this every year.

I agree with most of this.

How many Championships and Heisman finalists/winners does Richt have on his coaching resume? People are blowing this WR **** way out of proportion; you should check your history before you post. Harley ain't built for this []_[], and []_[] don't beg people to be Hurricanes. Y'all still don't get it.

Advertisement
You offer everyone as a junior then you get stuck with 30 commits with a big handful of them maybe not being so good. Then you have to drop guys or get stuck taking marginal guys.

Like Dingle and Scott?

You can always drop guys. If we offered Harley after he tore up our camp he would be a Cane right now.

Yep. Just like your partner Pete said Harley was a done deal to UM as recently as a week ago. Whoever fed him that misinformation at UM must have been exceedingly comfortable that the allegedly late offer wasn't a factor.

Either you can sell or you can't. And it's pretty obvious we have a few very weak salesmen on staff. Seider worked them.

Same dudes who bash Shalala and don't know d!ck about the University are the ones freaking out about losing this 1 kid. He's a Broward kid that isn't built for this U. Next! I've tried to educate the board about the Dade vs Broward kids' mentalities but y'all aren't trying to listen.

At least wait till the ink dries before you decompensate people. Just let it play...

This is such a dumb post. "Isn't built for the U" lol...ok. Ahmon Richards and Stacy Coley aren't from Dade.

The State of U was built on South Florida (including Broward/Palm Beach), Central Florida, and West Florida.

Shalala was and is a piece of ****.

Harley ain't built for this []_[], and []_[] don't beg people to be Hurricanes. Y'all still don't get it.

We get it. Miami used to be relevant in the 80's. Then a short period in the 90's and 2000's. Cool story bro.

$EC schools have people suckin d*ck to go to their schools. We better at least beg.

I don't think people are freaking out about losing one kid. It's the constant losses in recruiting that have people on edge and this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think people are delicate and don't really get what this []_[] is about. Miami will always be Miami, and that's all I can say. What has been set into motion can't possibly be stopped. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Advertisement

Yeup. Every time we lose one kid people try to say one kid won't make or break a class while justifying the miss

I think people are delicate and don't really get what this []_[] is about. Miami will always be Miami, and that's all I can say. What has been set into motion can't possibly be stopped. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement

Like Dingle and Scott?

Yep. Just like your partner Pete said Harley was a done deal to UM as recently as a week ago. Whoever fed him that misinformation at UM must have been exceedingly comfortable that the allegedly late offer wasn't a factor.

Either you can sell or you can't. And it's pretty obvious we have a few very weak salesmen on staff. Seider worked them.

Need better recruiters as position coaches ASAP. You can't be a marquee program and have recruiting coordinator who doesn't have one exceptional recruiting pull to his name. All those dumb Hartley bagman memes made people overlook his lack of experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Harley ain't built for this []_[], and []_[] don't beg people to be Hurricanes. Y'all still don't get it.

We get it. Miami used to be relevant in the 80's. Then a short period in the 90's and 2000's. Cool story bro.

$EC schools have people suckin d*ck to go to their schools. We better at least beg.

You sound like a side-walk alum.. I bleed this, and at the core we're still Miami. Don't care what johnny-come-lately SEC program has a little shine. You don't know enough history about Miami and Richt to see what's about to happen.

There will always be the fake tough guys who appear impervious to any bad news no matter how much of it flows. They'll stand in there like Tex Cobb with their giant cement chins up high just taking a pounding and shrugging it off.

Then the judges read the decision and they lost every round 10-8. But by God they were tough and took the savage beating without re-evaluating in the corner between rounds or being able to fix the disaster.

Advertisement
Back