All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Am I the only one who remembers Wilfork's UM career in a much more positive light than ESF? I was never disappointed with his play here.

Then again my perspective might be skewed by all the great memories of "Baby Wilfork." Our giant funnel we used while at UM.

I'm a huge Wilfork fan. But his UM career wasn't that great. It just wasn't. He looked great at times, but he wasn't even on the field all the time. He's really pulled it together in the NFL however.

Advertisement
Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko
You're welcome to your opinion. I think Linder's well ahead of Vickers after 2 years, and I'd wager he'll have a better pro career as well.

We can differ on Sherko. I think he fit what I'm doing better than Vickers.

Linder has 2 years of college experience and zero NFL experience. You can't take credit for what you think might be one day. Might as well take Duke Johnson, lol. Vickers had a nice NFL career. As of today, there is no comparison.

Since when did you become the referee? I can take who I want. We have guys on these teams who would be physically over-matched today. We have guys who did squat at UM and were taken for their NFL careers. We have a guy who did little at UM and just began his NFL career. We have a guy who looked good but never finished his UM career because of injuries. We have had guys taken where the person who took them expressly said the pick would make them look good 'in a few years.'

I'm perfectly comfortable defending having Linder. If he lines up against Tony Christiani, someone's going to tell me Christiani at 215 lbs. deserves credit for what he did at UM. If he lines up against Vince Wilfork, I'm going to be told that Wilfork deserves credit for what he's done after UM. C'est la vie.

And I thought about taking Duke, but if a guy hasn't played at UM, I don't see how they're eligible.

Vickers NFL career was highly overrated. He rarely even started. Being on a roster doesn't make your career 'nice' in this league.

Imagine Linder, who plays kind of high anyway, trying to get his mits on a 5'9" D-Tackle lololol.
Hey, that 5'9" guy grew up in a circus and walked a tightrope in a feather boa. Don't make fun of him!

You're welcome to your opinion. I think Linder's well ahead of Vickers after 2 years, and I'd wager he'll have a better pro career as well.

Linder has 2 years of college experience and zero NFL experience. You can't take credit for what you think might be one day. Might as well take Duke Johnson, lol. Vickers had a nice NFL career. As of today, there is no comparison.

Since when did you become the referee? I can take who I want. We have guys on these teams who would be physically over-matched today. We have guys who did squat at UM and were taken for their NFL careers. We have a guy who did little at UM and just began his NFL career. We have a guy who looked good but never finished his UM career because of injuries. We have had guys taken where the person who took them expressly said the pick would make them look good 'in a few years.'

I'm perfectly comfortable defending having Linder. If he lines up against Tony Christiani, someone's going to tell me Christiani at 215 lbs. deserves credit for what he did at UM. If he lines up against Vince Wilfork, I'm going to be told that Wilfork deserves credit for what he's done after UM. C'est la vie.

And I thought about taking Duke, but if a guy hasn't played at UM, I don't see how they're eligible.

Vickers NFL career was highly overrated. He rarely even started. Being on a roster doesn't make your career 'nice' in this league.

Imagine Linder, who plays kind of high anyway, trying to get his mits on a 5'9" D-Tackle lololol.
Hey, that 5'9" guy grew up in a circus and walked a tightrope in a feather boa. Don't make fun of him!

That ol boy is double hard.

He might be the roughest toughest son of a ***** in the whole **** thing.

With my second to last pick, I'm taking DT/DE Mike Barnes. A UM Hall of Famer, he was versatile enough to have success at the NFL level at both end and tackle, and can at the very least be a good strong side end for me. Barnes played for the Baltimore Colts from 1973-1981 and made a Pro Bowl in 1977. He's versatile, has college and NFL pedigree, and this late in the draft, is a steal.

Advertisement
you need to give up trying to understand the logic of how this draft works.

You guys need to figure that we're building teams. We're not taking best player available. If it were a draft about who gets the best value or the best player at each and every pick, this looks totally different.

I understand that you're building teams, but the process of building a team means different things to different people.

Anyohw, it's a worthwhile debate to have and it's fun talking about players. It becomes silly talking about which team would win over the other.

I agree. My lines are incredible, so I think that's a moot point.

Incredible for what you can make out of UM linemen, or incredible?

I would take the best DE in the history of CFB over McKinnie in that matchup. And Eddie Edwards vs. Matt Patchan?

Are Orlando Franklin and Vernon Carey so good that the NFL DL everyone's lining up should be shaking?

/and here we go

Incredible for UM. By comparison, there's a team on here with Sherko Haji-Rasouli, Brandon Linder (who I'm actually a fan of, but....), and Jason Fox.

Am I the only one who remembers Wilfork's UM career in a much more positive light than ESF? I was never disappointed with his play here.

Then again my perspective might be skewed by all the great memories of "Baby Wilfork." Our giant funnel we used while at UM.

I'm a huge Wilfork fan. But his UM career wasn't that great. It just wasn't. He looked great at times, but he wasn't even on the field all the time. He's really pulled it together in the NFL however.

I hear what you guys are saying. I just saw those defenses back then as having very deep lines, where guys rotated quite a bit.

He was still a force. Still top ten in tackles as a true freshman off the bench. Still had seven sacks as a sophomore. Started every game his junior year and was outstanding. First round draft pick.

Sure he has definitely put it together in the pros. But even while here he was the best D-tackle we've had in a decade.

I just wouldn't lop him in the "ok at UM, great as a pro" category. In some ways his stellar pro career may have skewed our perspective of his time at UM.

Personally I loved him while he was at UM. But then again I loved Beason too.

Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko

Why are you so sensitive? I never said I was referee. And I never said you could or couldn't pick anyone, did I? There you go again. I, like everyone else in this thread am entitled to my opinion. I think Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko.

I also think you're in last place and made some very questionable picks so yeah, we have very different opinions.

With my second to last pick, I'm taking DT/DE Mike Barnes. A UM Hall of Famer, he was versatile enough to have success at the NFL level at both end and tackle, and can at the very least be a good strong side end for me. Barnes played for the Baltimore Colts from 1973-1981 and made a Pro Bowl in 1977. He's versatile, has college and NFL pedigree, and this late in the draft, is a steal.

Should have gone 4 rounds earlier.

Advertisement
You guys need to figure that we're building teams. We're not taking best player available. If it were a draft about who gets the best value or the best player at each and every pick, this looks totally different.

I understand that you're building teams, but the process of building a team means different things to different people.

Anyohw, it's a worthwhile debate to have and it's fun talking about players. It becomes silly talking about which team would win over the other.

I would take the best DE in the history of CFB over McKinnie in that matchup. And Eddie Edwards vs. Matt Patchan?

Are Orlando Franklin and Vernon Carey so good that the NFL DL everyone's lining up should be shaking?

/and here we go

Incredible for UM. By comparison, there's a team on here with Sherko Haji-Rasouli, Brandon Linder (who I'm actually a fan of, but....), and Jason Fox.

Lol

/and here we go

Lulz. Fox started more games at OT than anyone in the history of UM. And did just fine. I have the best DEs anyhow, so I'm not so worried about my tackles.

Equally importantly, I have one of the few best centers in the history of football in the middle. Against the interior DL I'll face, I think that's a good thing. No one else has a hall of fame offensive lineman on their squad.

Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko

Why are you so sensitive? I never said I was referee. And I never said you could or couldn't pick anyone, did I? There you go again. I, like everyone else in this thread am entitled to my opinion. I think Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko.

I also think you're in last place and made some very questionable picks so yeah, we have very different opinions.

LMAO. Okay, dude. Thanks for sharing.

/and here we go

Lulz. Fox started more games at OT than anyone in the history of UM. And did just fine. I have the best DEs anyhow, so I'm not so worried about my tackles.

Equally importantly, I have one of the few best centers in the history of football in the middle. Against the interior DL I'll face, I think that's a good thing. No one else has a hall of fame offensive lineman on their squad.

Ok, so we're saying Fox's quantity of games started means what exactly? Clarify for me, please.

Advertisement
Jacory Harris has the most starts of any modern UM QB I believe, lol. You should pick him Sands!

Jacory Harris has the most starts of any modern UM QB I believe, lol. You should pick him Sands!

And you definitely have the most posts for anyone not participatin in this draft. Thanks for sharing.

Which has what to do with your illogical conclusions? Or are you just defecting as usual. Enjoy your participation ribbon for 6th place with Jason Fox and Sherko protecting Jacory harris, lol.

Advertisement
Reading bomber and esf argue in this thread is more of a time machine effect than some of the names selected in the draft :ohlord:

Sure he has definitely put it together in the pros. But even while here he was the best D-tackle we've had in a decade.

I'm with you, and not just because I picked him. Wilfork was an impact player on the 2001 team (Parcells famously said he'd spend the #1 overall pick on him as a freshman) and was strong in 2002. In his third and final year, he anchored one of our best defenses.

The biggest difference between him here and in the pros is his conditioning, IMO. He's become a three-down guy who doesn't rotate out.

I'm with you, and not just because I picked him. Wilfork was an impact player on the 2001 team (Parcells famously said he'd spend the #1 overall pick on him as a freshman) and was strong in 2002. In his third and final year, he anchored one of our best defenses.

The biggest difference between him here and in the pros is his conditioning, IMO. He's become a three-down guy who doesn't rotate out.

Wilfork was excellent at UM, period. Even taken with the 20-something pick of the first round that was actually him dropping. He was projected around 8-12. He was a difference maker here. And obviously an outstanding pro to boot.

Advertisement
Back