All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
With his second to last pick, Sands selects a 246 lb. work-horse back who was a great athlete in addition to being a chain-mover. Donnell Bennett was a state-champion runner-up in wrestling in HS, and an All-American in football at RB and LB. He had a very good career at UM, and was was chosen in the second round of the NFL draft after his junior year. He went on to a very productive 8 year career in the NFL, racking up 2000 yards as a FB. Not a flashy guy, but a nice complement to Gore and a big body who also complements by big receiver and two-TE set options.

Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko
You're welcome to your opinion. I think Linder's well ahead of Vickers after 2 years, and I'd wager he'll have a better pro career as well.

We can differ on Sherko. I think he fit what I'm doing better than Vickers.

Advertisement
LOL @ Sands waiting to take a QB in the last round.

He's still an awesome QB, but it is going to be easily the "worst" of the bunch.

I havent read all pages but I say play a season out. Everybody plays each other once. Top four make a seeded playoff.

All these teams are great...

He's still an awesome QB, but it is going to be easily the "worst" of the bunch.

Save your hot air for my write-up.

And I'm not really sure that's true. We have one great (NFL) QB who wasn't even _that_ great at UM, one near-great QB, one high ceiling flawed QB, two low ceiling good production college QBs who played on great teams that made them look better than they were, and then my guy, who I won't characterize until I select him.

Save your hot air for my write-up.

And I'm not really sure that's true. We have one great (NFL) QB who wasn't even _that_ great at UM, one near-great QB, one high ceiling flawed QB, two low ceiling good production college QBs who played on great teams that made them look better than they were, and then my guy, who I won't characterize until I select him.

Let me help you...he's a bum. You might as well select JaGaGa.

Advertisement
Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko
You're welcome to your opinion. I think Linder's well ahead of Vickers after 2 years, and I'd wager he'll have a better pro career as well.

Linder has 2 years of college experience and zero NFL experience. You can't take credit for what you think might be one day. Might as well take Duke Johnson, lol. Vickers had a nice NFL career. As of today, there is no comparison.

Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko

Linder has 2 years of college experience and zero NFL experience. You can't take credit for what you think might be one day. Might as well take Duke Johnson, lol. Vickers had a nice NFL career. As of today, there is no comparison.

Since when did you become the referee? I can take who I want. We have guys on these teams who would be physically over-matched today. We have guys who did squat at UM and were taken for their NFL careers. We have a guy who did little at UM and just began his NFL career. We have a guy who looked good but never finished his UM career because of injuries. We have had guys taken where the person who took them expressly said the pick would make them look good 'in a few years.'

I'm perfectly comfortable defending having Linder. If he lines up against Tony Christiani, someone's going to tell me Christiani at 215 lbs. deserves credit for what he did at UM. If he lines up against Vince Wilfork, I'm going to be told that Wilfork deserves credit for what he's done after UM. C'est la vie.

And I thought about taking Duke, but if a guy hasn't played at UM, I don't see how they're eligible.

Vickers NFL career was highly overrated. He rarely even started. Being on a roster doesn't make your career 'nice' in this league.

I pick Gino Torretta with my next pick. I'll play him at defensive tackle. Put him down as my defensive flex.

Advertisement
Vickers>>Linder>>Sherko

Since when did you become the referee? I can take who I want. We have guys on these teams who would be physically over-matched today. We have guys who did squat at UM and were taken for their NFL careers. We have a guy who did little at UM and just began his NFL career. We have a guy who looked good but never finished his UM career because of injuries. We have had guys taken where the person who took them expressly said the pick would make them look good 'in a few years.'

I'm perfectly comfortable defending having Linder. If he lines up against Tony Christiani, someone's going to tell me Christiani at 215 lbs. deserves credit for what he did at UM. If he lines up against Vince Wilfork, I'm going to be told that Wilfork deserves credit for what he's done after UM. C'est la vie.

And I thought about taking Duke, but if a guy hasn't played at UM, I don't see how they're eligible.

Vickers NFL career was highly overrated. He rarely even started. Being on a roster doesn't make your career 'nice' in this league.

Imagine Linder, who plays kind of high anyway, trying to get his mits on a 5'9" D-Tackle lololol.

Am I the only one who remembers Wilfork's UM career in a much more positive light than ESF? I was never disappointed with his play here.

Then again my perspective might be skewed by all the great memories of "Baby Wilfork." Our giant funnel we used while at UM.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who remembers Wilfork's UM career in a much more positive light than ESF? I was never disappointed with his play here.

Then again my perspective might be skewed by all the great memories of "Baby Wilfork." Our giant funnel we used while at UM.

Wilfork just happened to be a much better pro than a collegiate...he was a backup, a VERY GOOD backup on this team for most of his career. Walters got most of the play.

Advertisement
Back