All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
Need a ruling on whether Mike Rumph can play FS for me, since he played Safety in the pros. Considering we're letting Chris Myers play Center under the same logic, I don't see the problem, but I need that officially accepted before I can make my next pick.

Go for it, Lu.

Just know, friendo...Mike Rumph playing safety doesn't give you the same umph as Mike Rumph playing CB. Basically, you'll have a really ****** safety.

Thrill > Wes Carroll IMO, but I like Wes Carroll. Still some really excellent players left.

It is debatable as they're two completely different receivers. In terms of need, I think Sands needed a guy who could stretch the field. Since K9 has two guys capable of getting vertical, he needed an intermediate compliment to his TE. WCarroll fills that role perfectly. He's going to be a nightmare of a matchup for any linebacker and safety he faces.

Advertisement
Thrill > Wes Carroll IMO, but I like Wes Carroll. Still some really excellent players left.

It is debatable as they're two completely different receivers. In terms of need, I think Sands needed a guy who could stretch the field. Since K9 has two guys capable of getting vertical, he needed an intermediate compliment to his TE. WCarroll fills that role perfectly. He's going to be a nightmare of a matchup for any linebacker and safety he faces.

That was exactly my thought process, Wesley Carroll was a great underneath WR with unreal hands. He was a match-up problem for almost every team he faced. he was also a very good punt returner

Gonna leave Rumph at boundary corner. Probably the best boundary corner I've seen over the last couple decades, and I can play Sam Shields inside against the slot guys.

I'll have my pick shortly

Need a ruling on whether Mike Rumph can play FS for me, since he played Safety in the pros. Considering we're letting Chris Myers play Center under the same logic, I don't see the problem, but I need that officially accepted before I can make my next pick.
Yes, definitely. We're going with pro positions it seems.

That was exactly my thought process, Wesley Carroll was a great underneath WR with unreal hands. He was a match-up problem for almost every team he faced. he was also a very good punt returner

And also a good description of my thinking in taking Thrill. +1

Advertisement
Very, very happy I was able to get this guy at this pick to fill out what I'm trying to do on defense:

LB, Bernard "Tiger" Clark

70.jpg

They can play either/or...you gotta realize though, older players have a little more position versatility over the more modern players though.

Having Mike Rumph at corner is a good player...having him at safety is a guy that wouldn't be drafted. You can have guys at any position that they played...its just really...there are better safeties still available than Mike Rumph going to safety.

Lu, you're the man calling the shots here, but I would leave Rumph at the boundary position. If you want to use him as a safety just play him in an inverted two deep look where the boundary CB has deep half. It can be done in man coverage too by playing the coverage inside out. It's your call, though.

Advertisement

They can play either/or...you gotta realize though, older players have a little more position versatility over the more modern players though.

Having Mike Rumph at corner is a good player...having him at safety is a guy that wouldn't be drafted. You can have guys at any position that they played...its just really...there are better safeties still available than Mike Rumph going to safety.

First of all, that's nonsense. Mike Rumph was long discussed as a guy who could and possibly should have played Safety here. Mike Rumph as a Safety wouldn't go undrafted. What's more, then he played Safety in the NFL. That's a wild overstatement.

Lu, you're the man calling the shots here, but I would leave Rumph at the boundary position. If you want to use him as a safety just play him in an inverted two deep look where the boundary CB has deep half. It can be done in man coverage too by playing the coverage inside out. It's your call, though.

I went away from the decision on this last pick, but like I said, he's a better boundary to me than a Safety (right now). But, he does give me some versatility once I show my cards in what I'm trying to do with the defense.

Advertisement

First pick...

I do believe this man still holds the Miami record for most tackles by a cornerback for both career and single season...Consensus and Unanimous choice for All-American his senior year...I am not sure why there were so many corners that went ahead of this man...

This man is...

71.jpg

Tom Beier

First of all, that's nonsense. Mike Rumph was long discussed as a guy who could and possibly should have played Safety here. Mike Rumph as a Safety wouldn't go undrafted. What's more, then he played Safety in the NFL. That's a wild overstatement.

He was a bad safety in the pro game, bruh.

He was a bad safety in the pro game, bruh.

You said drafted. Blatantly false statement given his measurables and the system we played here at that time. You think he would have been a better or worse Safety at Miami than, say, Al Blades? Porfavor.

In any case, the speculation is for naught right now, because I went away from it for the time being.

Chris Myers played center for a handful of games for the 'Canes. I didn't pull it out of my ***.

Advertisement
Back