All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Lu and Tano submarined me pretty bad in the last round. Since a lot of my targets are off the board, let me take one of the more unique talents in Miami history. A guy who could block kicks, cover kicks, and return kicks. The Omar Little of the Canes:

Tremain Mack

65.jpg

GREAT PICK. returns and punt blocks too

Edit: **** u said that.

(Well you've already got your milk too!)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
With his next pick, k9 selects Glenn Dennison (per Larry, who received a text from k9).

esf has next pick.

With his next pick, Sands selects the Forgotten Man. One of the best DL ever to come from Miami. An anchor of the Steelers D for 12 years. Drafted in 1976, during the height of the run of the greatest sustained D in the history of football. A four-time captain of the Steelers. A two-time Superbowl champion. A versatile DL who is top-ten in all-time sacks for the Steelers. Who, you ask? Gary Dunn.

I'd add that i probably could have skipped this pick for a while because people have their DL, but this guy was too important to the team i'm constructing to pass over any longer. And he deserves to be up there. He and Burt were two very, very solid NFL interior linemen for some of the best Ds ever.

With his next pick, Sands selects the Forgotten Man. One of the best DL ever to come from Miami. An anchor of the Steelers D for 12 years. Drafted in 1976, during the height of the run of the greatest sustained D in the history of football. A four-time captain of the Steelers. A two-time Superbowl champion. A versatile DL who is top-ten in all-time sacks for the Steelers. Who, you ask? Gary Dunn.

YOU *******. HE WAS MY TWO GAPPER. I had already envisioned triumphantly standing over LuCane's battered corpse as I proclaim my defensive tackle strategy a total success.

Dunn is a monstrous pick. He's one of the only TRUE nose tackles to come through here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dunn was my next pick...true story.

Speaking of Gary Dunn, I was down at Oceanview Inn a few weeks ago lol.

My next pick is a guy who was a solid starter at cornerback for Miami and went on to have significant success in the pros for 10 years, amassing 24 interceptions during his career with the Vikings and Chargers. He's got great size at 6' and 200 lbs. to compliment Kelly Jennings.

I select JOHN TURNER, CORNERBACK

66.jpg

There are probably more recognizable names still on the board, but I feel like this guy's a good fit with my team and what I'm trying to do.

Last edited:

YOU *******. HE WAS MY TWO GAPPER. I had already envisioned triumphantly standing over LuCane's battered corpse as I proclaim my defensive tackle strategy a total success.

Dunn is a monstrous pick. He's one of the only TRUE nose tackles to come through here.

If it makes you feel any better, i was torn between Dunn and Turner. I thought Dunn would sit a round or two....

Turner's a great pick also.

It's interesting how many really good players we produced in he '70s, considering how down the program was at the time.

Advertisement
It's interesting how many really good players we produced in he '70s, considering how down the program was at the time.

I should have known better than to let someone fly under the radar that long. I had him on my mind for several rounds.

Advertisement
Alright, fools...just letting you know, these next two picks are wrapping up this draft...ya'll can just send me the trophy...

Wait for it...

I hope ya'll enjoyed wasting picks on kick returners...how u gon' return punts on teh Feagles? laff laff laff

Advertisement
Back