All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
Not sure how this guy slipped this far, but he was an All-American S in the 90s and a steady force:

S, CJ Richardson

p333297267-3.jpg

I thought long and hard about who to compliment wayne with at wr. I needed someone explosive and consistent. My next pick is a dynamic threat and was regarded as the fastest player on the 87 mnc team. He enjoyed a long illustrious career as a pro. He ranks third in Detroit Lions history in receptions and accumulated over 500 during his career. A rare blend of elite speed AND reliable hands. And on top of that, he was a great return man to boot! Too much value to pass up.

I choose Brett Perriman, WR/KR

I thought long and hard about who to compliment wayne with at wr. I needed someone explosive and consistent. My next pick is a dynamic threat and was regarded as the fastest player on the 87 mnc team. He enjoyed a long illustrious career as a pro. He ranks third in Detroit Lions history in receptions and accumulated over 500 during his career. A rare blend of elite speed AND reliable hands. And on top of that, he was a great return man to boot! Too much value to pass up.

That's a good pick. It was between him, LT and on other at WR. Perriman's size was the determining factor. But, it's hard to argue with someone who caught 500+ balls in the NFL, recorded a 100+ reception season and another in the 90+ reception range. He was only 5' 8" or 5' 9", but he was smooth. I chose LThomas because he had fantastic size to go against typically undersized UM Corners and also had a fantastic 10 TD season here. He also had a better college* career than the 3rd option.

Last edited:
Advertisement

That's a good pick. It was between him, LT and on other at WR. Perriman's size was the determining factor. But, it's hard to argue with someone who caught 500+ balls in the NFL, recorded a 100+ reception season and another in the 90+ reception range. He was only 5' 8" or 5' 9", but he was smooth. I chose LThomas because he had fantastic size to go against typically undersized UM Corners and also had a fantastic 10 TD season here. He also had a better pro career than the 3rd option.

Both your picks were good for your teams. Tano adding BP to Wayne and Shockey is a perfect fit. You getting some size makes sense.

Sands selects Randall 'Thrill' Hill. First round pick. 2x National Champion. 7 Year NFL career. And now a federal agent, so he can keep my guys in line.

He's a nice speed compliment to Hankerson. And I can pair him with Devin Hester when I want to change it up.

Hester can't play anything but ST against these all time teams. He couldn't even play the position (or any position) against regular average CFB teams when he was here. One dimensional ST guy sadly.

You got the best return guy available, be happy with that. He's a return stud.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Devin Hester has 200 receptions in the NFL. He's decent for a change of pace.

Something to be said for that. He's been mind numbingly frustrating to me his whole career. I guess I can't let go of his lack of position production at UM. I'd leave Sands' other guys on the field personally. Especially since this is so techmo and they can't get tired:)

Lol Devin Hester can't play anything but ST against these all time teams. He couldn't even play the position (or any position) against regular average CFB teams when he was here. One dimensional ST guy sadly.

You got the best return guy available, be happy with that. He's a return stud.
LOL @ you continuing to try to play smartest guy in the room here. At least try to make sense.

Devin Hester has been as good a NFL WR as one of the guys being relied on as a starter at WR here. And the quality of CB being brought to the field is not the same as DT here. With Hester as a third wide-out, that's a heck of a problem for anyone in this competition.

And to be clear, I have the ability to go big and have KWII and Hank as my WRs and Franks as a TE. I can go with a straight two TE set. And I can alternatively go jail-break with Thrill Hill, Hester and Hankerson as WRs. I like that range of versatility in the looks I can present.

Advertisement
And to be clear, I have the ability to go big and have KWII and Hank as my WRs and Franks as a TE. I can go with a straight two TE set. And I can alternatively go jail-break with Thrill Hill, Hester and Hankerson as WRs. I like that range of versatility in the looks I can present.

I'm Cokerized.

OK, to round out my Oline, Im taking a guy who was a bit of an underachiever( but what do you expect being coached up Gregg Smith) but was still good enough to have an NFL career- Kerlin Blaise.

Honestly, I always thought he should've been better but he was one of the few OLineman from that era that wasn't a complete bust

Advertisement
Lu and Tano submarined me pretty bad in the last round. Since a lot of my targets are off the board, let me take one of the more unique talents in Miami history. A guy who could block kicks, cover kicks, and return kicks. The Omar Little of the Canes:

Tremain Mack

65.jpg

This next guy was a standout, All-ACC first team performer at his natural position of guard. I anticipate much success in the NFL at that position:

Brandon Washington

104080407_display_image.jpeg

Advertisement
Back