All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Yeah, I know, but I tried to put my '86 feelings aside on this one. He fits better than the other guys who were available. he just does.

He just threw another interception, just so you know.

That's gonna happen when you are busy throwing a record 48 TD's.
Or not. His career TD/INT ratio in the NFL was 1:1. He actually had a season where he threw 35 INTs to just 13 TDs.

University of Miami

Did you sleep through the Penn State game?

Allow me to remind you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQTwz84s48

Advertisement
Sands selects Leonard Hankerson, owner of of the best receiving season in UM history. A big, tough receiver who would take a hit and make a play in traffic.

Hank? Ehh. Too inconsistent early on compared to some of the consistent UM performers still on the board. Just my opinion

I think Sands was going for a particular kind of receiver, and towards the end of his career, Hank was nothing if not consistent.

Sands selects Leonard Hankerson, owner of of the best receiving season in UM history. A big, tough receiver who would take a hit and make a play in traffic.

Hank? Ehh. Too inconsistent early on compared to some of the consistent UM performers still on the board. Just my opinion

I think Sands was going for a particular kind of receiver, and towards the end of his career, Hank was nothing if not consistent.

The guy's very underappreciated. He's all over the UM record book. Best season ever by a WR.

Complaining that he started out less good is crazy, considering many of the guys people compare him to didn't play as much early. And considering plenty of guys already drafted did much, much, much less at UM but had or are having nice pro careers. Hankerson actually produced at WR, _at UM_, as well as anyone not named Reggie Wayne or Michael Irvin. And better than Andre Johnson.

And, he's a big, tough WR. Which I wanted.

How was Vince Wilfork's UM career? Or Jon Beason's? DJ Armstrong started out inconsistent, too. And I love those guys as picks here.

Hank is the Rodney Dangerfield of UM receivers.

Advertisement

The guy's very underappreciated. He's all over the UM record book. Best season ever by a WR.

Complaining that he started out less good is crazy, considering many of the guys people compare him to didn't play as much early. And considering plenty of guys already drafted did much, much, much less at UM but had or are having nice pro careers. Hankerson actually produced at WR, _at UM_, as well as anyone not named Reggie Wayne or Michael Irvin. And better than Andre Johnson.

That's essentially why I thought you picked him.

Fair enough... And I'm aware of his production towards the end of his career. Just a lot of great receivers I'd personally rather have than Hank. Many other great UM receivers shared the field at the same time, and therefore the number of receptions, yards, etc. Yes Hank had a **** of a statistical season, but I could make the same argument for Jacory.

How was Vince Wilfork's UM career? Or Jon Beason's? DJ Armstrong started out inconsistent, too. And I love those guys as picks here.

Are you expecting Hank to progress at the same rate as these players?

ESF and Larry's teams I like.

The all look great, but I like the power formations out of the TE set coupled with their safety formations.

A Brock Berlin led team in College Football with our star power and the right coordinators will kick the crap out of any Dorsey or Jim Jelly team. I hate the Buffalo Bills, sorry Gables. Jim Kelly did well under the K-Gun in Buffalo. Never saw it at Miami with him. D-Money fails.

/insert did not read read thread gif

Advertisement

Are you expecting Hank to progress at the same rate as these players?

You're missing the point.

Haha. Ok. It's alright ESF... You do a fantasy draft in an open forum and then get bothered when some disagrees with one of your picks. Youre more like Bakas then I ever realized.

My next pick came down to my second safety, and it was between Bubba Mc Dowell and CJ Richardson( who was actually an All-American in 94) but Bubba was a bit more versatile, could play S or CB and was the best kick blocker at UM pre-Tremain Mack. McDowell was the classic, hard-nosed, tough Hurricane of the 80's- and since I interviewed him waaay back when, he gets the slight nod. He also had a long and productive career playing on Sundays, most of it in Houston...

Leonard 'Bubba' McDowell is the newest member of the K9Canes....

Last edited:
Advertisement
k9 sniped me on that one.

Let me complement my run-stuffing LDE in Kevin ***an with a guy who got 48 hurries -- 48 HURRIES--- as a junior. He gets docked for being a knuckle head, but this pudgy ******* was as good as anybody when he was on (which at Miami, was often).

Jerome McDougle, DE

This next guy is different. He combines 1st pick overall talent with the attitude of a walk-on. If not for Clint Hurtt, he'd have gone ten rounds higher. He and Jimmy Graham are the next generation of Cane freakazoid.

Calais Campbell, DE

OK, time to get back to some offense, I need a guy who can do the dirty, tough work alongside Eddie Brown, Im going with Brian Blades, who was a complete WR and enjoyed a long, solid pro career in Seattle.

Advertisement
OK, time to get back to some offense, I need a guy who can do the dirty, tough work alongside Eddie Brown, Im going with Brian Blades, who was a complete WR and enjoyed a long, solid pro career in Seattle.

That's a nice pick, he was solid and you got value.

k9 sniped me on that one.

Let me complement my run-stuffing LDE in Kevin ***an with a guy who got 48 hurries -- 48 HURRIES--- as a junior. He gets docked for being a knuckle head, but this pudgy ******* was as good as anybody when he was on (which at Miami, was often).

Jerome McDougle, DE

This next guy is different. He combines 1st pick overall talent with the attitude of a walk-on. If not for Clint Hurtt, he'd have gone ten rounds higher. He and Jimmy Graham are the next generation of Cane freakazoid.

Calais Campbell, DE

I thought it was 49? :)

Regardless, his 2001 campaign was the most dominant campaign from a DE in cfb history. Not only
Did he sit in blowouts, he was so close on so many hurries. He easily
Could have had 20 sacks. The most explosive DE we've ever had here.

Taking Hank before The Thrill is crazy talk IMO.

I understand why someone might pick him, but there are probably several other guys you should take before Hank.

Saying that he produced more than Dre in order to justify the pick is terrible E.

That's what makes this interesting. Difference of opinion.

Taking Hank before The Thrill is crazy talk IMO.

I understand why someone might pick him, but there are probably several other guys you should take before Hank.

Saying that he produced more than Dre in order to justify the pick is terrible E.

That's what makes this interesting. Difference of opinion.

Esto.

Advertisement
Back