All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
You guys need to do a coaching staff draft after your squads are finished.

Plus I'd love to see ESF draft Coker to go along with Sherko

I thought about doing it, but with 6 teams, there are only 4 elite ones and then you got Harding and Gustafson...I didn't think it'd be even, plus, they'd all go in the first round...so, I figure it wasn't important.

Could let guys put coaches "out of position". Just build their own staff and roles from our coaching trees. It'd be interesting... And strategic

It's time. It's time to draft the most successful quarterback in UM history, both collegiately and professionally (statistically speaking). University of Miami Ring of Honor. Consensus All American. Davey O' Brien Award, Walter Camp Award winner. Maxwell Award. HEISMAN TROPHY, a two time Pro Bowler, an NFL All Pro in 1998, the first overall pick of the 1987 draft, and as wushah mentioned earlier, arguably a top 10 athlete in University history. 46,233 career passing yards in the NFL and 275 TDs in TWENTY YEARS AS A PRO. There will be no Fiesta Bowl repeat on my watch. What can you say about this guy? Who the **** is able to select a Heisman candidate in the eleventy billionth round?! THIS GUY! That makes two guys on the Ring of Honor on my squad.

Tano selects: VINNY TESTAVERDE, QUARTERBACK

I felt like I needed to take Vinny at this juncture because of his athleticism, actually. With the depth at OL getting thin, I felt like any of the other remaining quarterbacks wouldn't have the tools necessary to create something amidst a collapsing pocket. Vinny is a superior athlete with a Cannon arm. My offense will be infinitely better with Vinny at the helm as opposed to the remaining choices, who are simply a step below any way you choose to slice it. The remaining guys are game managers. Simply put, Vinny is a playmaker, and that's what I need for this offense.

[video=youtube;xA_51Fj2S5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_51Fj2S5o[/video]

61.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mentioned earlier that Vincenzo is a top-5 athlete at Miami for sure. He might even be Top 3.

He's the one QB I couldn't have associated with my team...even though he's probably the most talented. Just can't do it.

Advertisement
Yeah, I know, but I tried to put my '86 feelings aside on this one. He fits better than the other guys who were available. he just does.

Vinny, Walsh, kosar and Kelly are the elite 4 at UM. A case could be make for any one of them as the GOAT.

Advertisement
Sometimes, the value is simply too good to pass up. I'm moving two of the best OTs inside - both of whom played Guard and can play Guard at elite levels - and bringing in a former LT and 3rd round pick to play opposite of Bryant Mckinnie.

RT, Matt Patchan

Current OLine:
LT Bryant Mckinnie
LG Orlando Franklin
C
RG Vernon Carey
RT Matt Patchan, Sr

Last edited:
Sometimes, the value is simply too good to pass up. I'm moving two of the best OTs inside - both of whom played Guard and can play Guard at elite levels, and bringing in a former LT and 3rd round pick to play opposite of Bryant Mckinnie.

RT, Matt Patchan

Current OLine:
LT Bryant Mckinnie
LG Orlando Franklin
C
RG Vernon Carey
RT Matt Patchan, Sr

I like what you've done on your OL. The inside guys are strong.

Advertisement
Sometimes, the value is simply too good to pass up. I'm moving two of the best OTs inside - both of whom played Guard and can play Guard at elite levels, and bringing in a former LT and 3rd round pick to play opposite of Bryant Mckinnie.

RT, Matt Patchan

Current OLine:
LT Bryant Mckinnie
LG Orlando Franklin
C
RG Vernon Carey
RT Matt Patchan, Sr

I like what you've done on your OL. The inside guys are strong.

That's a beastly OL.

First pick...he owns the Quarterback Record Book...no need for an explanation nor an introduction...

dorsey.jpg

Advertisement
Back