All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

First pick...he owns the Quarterback Record Book...no need for an explanation nor an introduction...

62.jpg

I really really really wanted to take him. I just couldn't.

Your loss.

Its Ken ******* Dorsey.

As a collegiate...there were none better here.

Advertisement
We're coming downhill for everyone. Bring your one gapper to the table. We're running traps and counters all day.

Former 1st rounder:
RB, Cleveland Gary

Los_Angeles_Rams_Cleveland_Gary_1989.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sometimes, the value is simply too good to pass up. I'm moving two of the best OTs inside - both of whom played Guard and can play Guard at elite levels - and bringing in a former LT and 3rd round pick to play opposite of Bryant Mckinnie.

RT, Matt Patchan

Current OLine:
LT Bryant Mckinnie
LG Orlando Franklin
C
RG Vernon Carey
RT Matt Patchan, Sr

**** of a line

Well done

My next pick may not be as dynamic as some of the guys left, but it's definitely a need and a guy who sustained success at both the Collegiate and professional level.There are a couple more decorated guys at offensive tackle left, but I think this guy fits nicely with what I'm trying to do on offense. Can play either left or right tackle, but will slide in at right for me, as he does in the pros. If not for a delibitating disease, maybe he's starting somewhere in the NFL sooner. But the fact remains that despite only being a mid 3rd round pick in the NFL draft, the Texans thought enough of him to release his former teammate and previously drafted Eric Winston. Now he's listed as the starter on the Texans' official website. Ladies, and gentlemen, I draft

RASHAD BUTLER, RIGHT TACKLE

62.jpg

Advertisement
Sands selects Leonard Hankerson, owner of of the best receiving season in UM history. A big, tough receiver who would take a hit and make a play in traffic.

Not crazy about Butler but understand limitations.

Love the Gary pick.

Probably my least favorite pick thus far, but no one bats 1.000. Aside from that, I think when you consider both college and pro accolades, he's the best of what's left. I'd rather have a potential multi-year NFL starter and at the very least a serviceable backup than an All conference guy for one year who never made it in the pros. But that's my philosophy and others have made picks that reflect a different philosophy. That's the beauty of this thing.

Yeah, I know, but I tried to put my '86 feelings aside on this one. He fits better than the other guys who were available. he just does.

He just threw another interception, just so you know.

That's gonna happen when you are busy throwing a record 48 TD's.
Or not. His career TD/INT ratio in the NFL was 1:1. He actually had a season where he threw 35 INTs to just 13 TDs.

Advertisement
Yeah, I know, but I tried to put my '86 feelings aside on this one. He fits better than the other guys who were available. he just does.

Or not. His career TD/INT ratio in the NFL was 1:1. He actually had a season where he threw 35 INTs to just 13 TDs.

The Bucs don't count as an NFL team.

I'm anxious to make my next pick, let's move this along so I can get another one in before the Heat game.

Not to pile on Vinny, but a star on that '86 team told me some very unflattering things about #14.

Advertisement

University of Miami

Sands selects Leonard Hankerson, owner of of the best receiving season in UM history. A big, tough receiver who would take a hit and make a play in traffic.

Hank? Ehh. Too inconsistent early on compared to some of the consistent UM performers still on the board. Just my opinion

Advertisement
Back