All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

How was Vince Wilfork's UM career? Or Jon Beason's? DJ Armstrong started out inconsistent, too. And I love those guys as picks here.

Hank is the Rodney Dangerfield of UM receivers.

Are you expecting Hank to progress at the same rate as these players?

You're missing the point.

Haha. Ok. It's alright ESF... You do a fantasy draft in an open forum and then get bothered when some disagrees with one of your picks. Youre more like Bakas then I ever realized.

Now I'm bothered because I think you have no logic to your objections? We have guys like Wilfork and Beason who were taken on their pro careers, not their college accomplishments. We have guys like Steve Walsh and Kenny Dorsey who were taken on their college accomplishments entirely. That's what makes a discussion.

I think Hankerson's last two years at UM he was a terrific WR, and underrated relative to many guys we've seen previously. You forget that the guys everyone hypes also played with better QBs, and better teams generally.

Anyhow, you can think what you want. I was trying to explain my view and this draft.

Advertisement
My next pick came down to my second safety, and it was between Bubba Mc Dowell and CJ Richardson( who was actually an All-American in 94) but Bubba was a bit more versatile, could play S or CB and was the best kick blocker at UM pre-Tremain Mack. McDowell was the classic, hard-nosed, tough Hurricane of the 80's- and since I interviewed him waaay back when, he gets the slight nod. He also had a long and productive career playing on Sundays, most of it in Houston...

Leonard 'Bubba' McDowell is the newest member of the K9Canes....

I like the Bubba McDowell pick.

But IMO Ted Hendricks was the best kick blocker ever from UM. I'd say at UM, but don't know the statistics. Certainly in the NFL, from UM.

Taking Hank before The Thrill is crazy talk IMO.

I understand why someone might pick him, but there are probably several other guys you should take before Hank.

Saying that he produced more than Dre in order to justify the pick is terrible E.

That's what makes this interesting. Difference of opinion.

With all due respect, I completely disagree, both on the field and in the nature of this draft.

We all idolize the guys we remember from our early years.

Hank was tougher. Bigger. More productive.

And in this situation, comparing the teams people are building. Let's just say I think there's a reason no one has gone with a small WR yet.

With his next pick, Sands selects WR/CB/ST extraordinaire Devin Hester. The single best return man in the history of football. By far. An NFL WR. A sometimes DB. An unparalleled athlete. A guy that everyone turns their head to watch. A guy who gives you field position like you dream about. Potentially the only hall of famer ever to get there by returning kicks.

Advertisement
With my next pick, I take Kevin Patrick, defensive end.

1.jpg

How was Vince Wilfork's UM career? Or Jon Beason's? DJ Armstrong started out inconsistent, too. And I love those guys as picks here.

Hank is the Rodney Dangerfield of UM receivers.

Are you expecting Hank to progress at the same rate as these players?

You're missing the point.

Haha. Ok. It's alright ESF... You do a fantasy draft in an open forum and then get bothered when some disagrees with one of your picks. Youre more like Bakas then I ever realized.

Now I'm bothered because I think you have no logic to your objections? We have guys like Wilfork and Beason who were taken on their pro careers, not their college accomplishments. We have guys like Steve Walsh and Kenny Dorsey who were taken on their college accomplishments entirely. That's what makes a discussion.

I think Hankerson's last two years at UM he was a terrific WR, and underrated relative to many guys we've seen previously. You forget that the guys everyone hypes also played with better QBs, and better teams generally.

Anyhow, you can think what you want. I was trying to explain my view and this draft.

Since we were asked not to name undrafted players, I didn't list the other receivers who I feel were better and more naturally talented than Hank. You brought Wilfork, Williams, and Beason into this discussion, which to me makes no sense as you have somehow tied hankerson to three NFL pro-bowlers. And like hank, none of them were slouches in their time at UM. I don't see the relevance of their careers to Hankerson. If its because they started slow, OK, but Hank can't hold a candle to what they have now accomplished.

Yes I understand some of these guys were college-production types vs NFL production types. At this point you have to Have drafted Hankerson off his college production, and there are a lot of other UM receivers I personally believe were better and would have more confidence in.

My biggest knock on Hank, is that he does not have naturally good hands. His ability to catch the ball consistently has always been a matter of hard work. My hats off to him for the work he put in, but push comes to shove and he still struggles at time with those hands IMO.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I like my receivers to be natural pass catchers.

Advertisement
Ethnic thinks he's going to get everyone. It must absolutely SUCK doing a 12 team fantasy football draft with you :ibisroflmao::fistbump:

Advertisement
The first page isn't completely updated, but there is a name still on the board that is shocking to me.

Patrick was a great Hurricane and a **** of a guy.

During his playing days, Patrick was an All-American defensive end at the University of Miami from 1989-93.*He was a major contributor on the Hurricane team that claimed two National Championships with*wins over Nebraska in the 1992 Orange Bowl and over Alabama in the 1990 Sugar Bowl.*Patrick also played in the Cotton and Fiesta Bowls during his career.*

He earned BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year honors in 1993.

Patrick earned All-America honors and team MVP accolades in 1993, when he collected 10 sacks.*During his career, he tallied 174 tackles and 23 sacks, which ranks fifth in program history.

Patrick was a great Hurricane and a **** of a guy.

During his playing days, Patrick was an All-American defensive end at the University of Miami from 1989-93.*He was a major contributor on the Hurricane team that claimed two National Championships with*wins over Nebraska in the 1992 Orange Bowl and over Alabama in the 1990 Sugar Bowl.*Patrick also played in the Cotton and Fiesta Bowls during his career.*

He earned BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year honors in 1993.

Patrick earned All-America honors and team MVP accolades in 1993, when he collected 10 sacks.*During his career, he tallied 174 tackles and 23 sacks, which ranks fifth in program history.

Excellent.

Advertisement
Nice pick. Your front 7 is insane. Your team is going to pitch some shutouts.

The matchup between my front 7 and Lu's offensive line will be a clash of the Titans.

This was a tough call. I could have gone with one of three guys here.

WR, LAMAR THOMAS

64.jpg

Advertisement
Back