All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Well, you have to go with the flow...and since I didn't take Beason because his relatively (to his pro career) non-super career at Miami didn't make him stand out over his alternative, now I go with the alternative. The size of Moss also helps and complements my current squad.

LB, Winston Moss

0-1.jpg

Advertisement
I took Graham based on potential...trying to be a little ahead of the curve...so, when we look back on this in a few years and we see Jimmy Graham as a 4-time Pro Bowler and 4-time All-Pro TE and on his way to shattering TE records...I can say...I got'em.

Plus, I knew I had to be ahead of the curve with you mopes...instead of "oh, I'll take them later"...I just got to take guys NOW...every single round, I've got 2-3 guys eyed up and they are subsequently taken with the next 3-5 picks. Every single round.

Plus, I knew I had to be ahead of the curve with you mopes...instead of "oh, I'll take them later"...I just got to take guys NOW...every single round, I've got 2-3 guys eyed up and they are subsequently taken with the next 3-5 picks. Every single round.

So true.

Advertisement
Make no mistake, I'm mocking Mike Bakas every time I write that.

Well, that I don't get at all. He got you pretty good there. It was his shining moment.

He didn't get me good at all. He clowned himself by acting like a spoiled petulant jerk who couldn't handle opinions other this his own on a site people pay to access. The fact that you think that made him look good is the funny thing in all this. Are you still a paying customer of his?

No, haven't been for years. I think that site is a joke and so is his coverage. That said, lets just say we have very different perceptions of that post, as do a lot of people. It was a hysterical response to a little rant of yours. People don't get you often, and Mike doesn't get people very often, so I wouldn't be too sensitive or worried about it. But it was a classic zinger. Still makes me laugh.

Do you really have to try to make this into a bomb thread? You've gotten into a ****ing match with Lu over Hawkins and now this? Give it a rest.

Are you serious?:-) ****ing match?

Wow, don't worry. Not sure why you're so sensitive. It was a hysterical moment in interwebz history and you should be able to laugh at it. Enough bandwidth on this, it beyond uninteresting.

You took Sherko. Live with it!:-)

I've been back and forth on where this guy should go for quite some time. I'm just going to pull the trigger now.

He's a UM Ring of Honor Inductee. He's a consensus All American. He's in the College Football Hall of Fame. He was a 1st Round 9th overall NFL draft pick, as the third runningback taken behind Jim Brown and Paul Hornung. He led Miami to a top 10 finish in....1956! He never lost to the Gators or the Noles! In the NFL played for the Washington Redskins, where he was subsequently named one of the 70 best Redskins ever. 6'1", 212 lbs, and a dual threat from the fullback position.

He's DON BOSSELER, FULLBACK

60.jpg

Now I pray you guys don't snatch up my other planned picks.

Now...for the reach...

With the first pick in the round, Larry selects...

Someone who I believe will be an All-Decade TE by the time he's done...no, he's not as good as Rob Gronkowski, but that's ok...no one works as hard as this guy...

59.jpg

Pro Bowler...All-Pro...Second greatest season by a tight end in NFL History...All around great human being...Ed Block Courage winner...

Jimmy Graham (05-10)

Was waiting for someone to take him. If he stays injury free (god willing), and sticks with Drew Brees, he'll go down as one of the best TEs to ever play.

I've been back and forth on where this guy should go for quite some time. I'm just going to pull the trigger now.

He's a UM Ring of Honor Inductee. He's a consensus All American. He's in the College Football Hall of Fame. He was a 1st Round 9th overall NFL draft pick, as the third runningback taken behind Jim Brown and Paul Hornung. He led Miami to a top 10 finish in....1956! He never lost to the Gators or the Noles! In the NFL played for the Washington Redskins, where he was subsequently named one of the 70 best Redskins ever. 6'1", 212 lbs, and a dual threat from the fullback position.

60.jpg

Tano, I love this pick. I had already typed out the words I was going to use when I took him. Once again you snake me.

Advertisement
With his next pick, Sands selects Nate Webster, one of the best LBs I've ever seen at UM. Webster was a two-time All-Big East selection who recorded 301 tackles, 14 tackles-for-losses and 7 sacks in just 22 starts in college. He could play inside and outside. True Cane. And he brings street cred to my team, balancing some of the old timers I've taken.

60.jpg

Tano, I love this pick. I had already typed out the words I was going to use when I took him. Once again you snake me.

It's a GREAT pick! Farking College Football HOF and an excellent pro career.

With his next pick, Sands selects Nate Webster, one of the best LBs I've ever seen at UM. Webster was a two-time All-Big East selection who recorded 301 tackles, 14 tackles-for-losses and 7 sacks in just 22 starts in college. He could play inside and outside. True Cane. And he brings street cred to my team, balancing some of the old timers I've taken.

That's a nice pick right there. Undersized, but as badass as any 'Cane ever. Hard to peg the identity of your defense, really. It's an interesting combo of guys.

Okay, I'm pained to make another karma pick rather than a strategic one. But I have to go with greatness here.

With his next pick, Sands selects one of the best Canes ever. A four year starter. First team all-america. MVP of the Senior Bowl. First round, top 10 NFL pick. Pro Bowler. Member of the College Football Hall of Fame. One of the best Redskins ever. A true football legend. And post-retirement, an investment banker. So he can take the Wonderlic for Vinny Testaverde. With all due respect to Chuck Foreman, Sands sneaks out the back door with Don Bosseler, the best FB ever to lace 'em up for the Canes.

Tano, this is what I had written out for my plan to take Bosseler.

Advertisement
Ok, Im up and with an assist to Wusah, Im taking the defensive MVP of 1989( which I think was as good as any D in UM history), Greg Mark who had right around 15 assists. Yeah, didn't have a pro career- classic tweener- but I weigh things more towards guys who were productive at UM, played on title clubs, recruited by Howard or JJ( trying to stay away from most Coker and Shannon guys, to be frank- like Singletary, I want winners)

I got started late on the Dline, but I got it done, finally

**** you weren't kidding about having written it already. I got caught doing that once and figured I wouldn't have wasted my time. I think I told Lu via text that by the end of this we're going to all hate each other. This is probably the most competitive draft I've been involved in...

Ok, Im up and with an assist to Wusah, Im taking the defensive MVP of 1989( which I think was as good as any D in UM history), Greg Mark who had right around 15 assists. Yeah, didn't have a pro career- classic tweener- but I weigh things more towards guys who were productive at UM, played on title clubs, recruited by Howard or JJ( trying to stay away from most Coker and Shannon guys, to be frank- like Singletary, I want winners)

I got started late on the Dline, but I got it done, finally

Was hoping he'd fall.

Advertisement
To steal a nickname from k9, my next pick is Sean "the Sixth Sense" Spence. With two elite defensive tackles causing havoc in front of them-- and perhaps the strongest defensive end in Miami history in Kevin ***an--Spence and Morgan will be feasting.

The most astounding stat about Spence-- 47 tackles for loss. Just a rare football IQ that ranks with anybody.

My next pick is a guy that I have to grab before Lu picks him. A first rounde and two-time Pro Bowler who can cover and hit way beyond his size. Apopka's finest. Brandon Meriweather.

Bold. Truth be told I thought he'd be a nice compliment to my current corps as the flex player because of his pass coverage ability and awareness. I had him slated as a late round possibility.

**** you weren't kidding about having written it already. I got caught doing that once and figured I wouldn't have wasted my time. I think I told Lu via text that by the end of this we're going to all hate each other. This is probably the most competitive draft I've been involved in...
Definitely wasn't kidding. I had considered taking him a few rounds ago, which is why I wrote it out. I don't have a standing scipt lol. But I just thought he'd fall another round or two.

Advertisement
Back