All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Alright, fellas...I'm going to go in a little bit different of a direction...instead of slanting toward collegiate achievement...I'm going with pro achievement and maybe I'm going to overdraft these guys over some guys with better collegiate accomplishments...

At the end of this decade, I think both of these players end up as All-Decade type players...first pick, coming up...

Advertisement
Alright, fellas...I'm going to go in a little bit different of a direction...instead of slanting toward collegiate achievement...I'm going with pro achievement and maybe I'm going to overdraft these guys over some guys with better collegiate accomplishments...

At the end of this decade, I think both of these players end up as All-Decade type players...first pick, coming up...

**** you. Don't do this.

Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!

My all time favorite Bakas line. I will give you credit, you took it like a champ and have fun with it even though it was at your expense. Kudos.
Make no mistake, I'm mocking Mike Bakas every time I write that.

Well, that I don't get at all. He got you pretty good there. It was his shining moment.

He didn't get me good at all. He clowned himself by acting like a spoiled petulant jerk who couldn't handle opinions other this his own on a site people pay to access. The fact that you think that made him look good is the funny thing in all this. Are you still a paying customer of his?

No, haven't been for years. I think that site is a joke and so is his coverage. That said, lets just say we have very different perceptions of that post, as do a lot of people. It was a hysterical response to a little rant of yours. People don't get you often, and Mike doesn't get people very often, so I wouldn't be too sensitive or worried about it. But it was a classic zinger. Still makes me laugh.

Advertisement
I believe this is the last remaining 1st Rounder at DB left on the board. It just so happens to be a relatively thin position, so the value is high. He's also a fantastic complement to my field corner (Duane Starks) and can play the boundary as well as anyone in UM's history.

CB, Mike Rumph

58.jpg

That's a fine pick.

Advertisement
We should decide quickly re: trades. I didn't consider them before, but it would greatly affect my next selection, as I think I have a "trade that works for both teams" scenario.

With the last pick in this round, Larry selects...

JonBeason_display_image.jpg

Three-time Pro Bowler...Two-time All-Pro...

Jon Beason (02-07)

''[When you say] Linebacker U, you're not talking about Penn State,'' Beason said. ``We're talking about Miami. What linebackers have done here, they go on to the next level and dominate. It's amazing that we keep producing. If you want to follow in those footsteps, you definitely have to want to be like them, talk with them. You've got to pick their brain.''

Well, I know who that's gonna be...

I was about to take him.

LOL @ us doing this long enough to be able to predict who he's taking.

Well, he gave it away when he provided his description. The problem is there isn't as much balance between college/pro career. And, he played the wrong position in college, probably.

I say we leave trades out of it. We're over ten rounds deep, it changes the game, and then we run into the potential for other teams complaining that a trade isn't fair yada yada.

Advertisement

Jon Beason (02-07)

''[When you say] Linebacker U, you're not talking about Penn State,'' Beason said. ``We're talking about Miami. What linebackers have done here, they go on to the next level and dominate. It's amazing that we keep producing. If you want to follow in those footsteps, you definitely have to want to be like them, talk with them. You've got to pick their brain.''

That was the guy I thought it was going to be for defense, and on offense I have another guy in mind you're going to take. I've already drafted at both those positions so it doesn't affect me, but yeah.

Jon Beason (02-07)

Yep. As expected. Many think he should have been a MLB here.

My all time favorite Bakas line. I will give you credit, you took it like a champ and have fun with it even though it was at your expense. Kudos.
Make no mistake, I'm mocking Mike Bakas every time I write that.

Well, that I don't get at all. He got you pretty good there. It was his shining moment.

He didn't get me good at all. He clowned himself by acting like a spoiled petulant jerk who couldn't handle opinions other this his own on a site people pay to access. The fact that you think that made him look good is the funny thing in all this. Are you still a paying customer of his?

No, haven't been for years. I think that site is a joke and so is his coverage. That said, lets just say we have very different perceptions of that post, as do a lot of people. It was a hysterical response to a little rant of yours. People don't get you often, and Mike doesn't get people very often, so I wouldn't be too sensitive or worried about it. But it was a classic zinger. Still makes me laugh.

Do you really have to try to make this into a bomb thread? You've gotten into a ****ing match with Lu over Hawkins and now this? Give it a rest.

Advertisement

Jon Beason (02-07)

)#*&$#(*^&$@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...for the reach...

With the first pick in the round, Larry selects...

Someone who I believe will be an All-Decade TE by the time he's done...no, he's not as good as Rob Gronkowski, but that's ok...no one works as hard as this guy...

graham1.jpg

Pro Bowler...All-Pro...Second greatest season by a tight end in NFL History...All around great human being...Ed Block Courage winner...

Jimmy Graham (05-10)

Esf is the guy who complains during a fantasy draft when he's drafting at the end of a snake draft and the guy picking first takes someone he wanted.

Now...for the reach...

With the first pick in the round, Larry selects...

Someone who I believe will be an All-Decade TE by the time he's done...no, he's not as good as Rob Gronkowski, but that's ok...no one works as hard as this guy...

59.jpg

Pro Bowler...All-Pro...Second greatest season by a tight end in NFL History...All around great human being...Ed Block Courage winner...

Jimmy Graham (05-10)

Not a reach at all, just a version of the NFL>CFB angle that others have played, too. Vince Wilfork went a long time ago, largely for the same reason. Jon Beason ditto.

Advertisement
Back