All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
Ok, I wanna make sure I fortify my front- Im taking Jimmie Jones at Dtackle. Yeah, he didn't even start as a senior, but he was beaten out by Cortez Kennedy( who had a monster 89). But Jones would've started at any other program and was part of an incredible three man rotation at tackle with Tez and Maryland.

Jones was still a 3rd rd pick and enjoyed a nice, long NFL career where he won Super Bowls.

I was down to him or William Joseph, but honestly, I thought Jones was the better player

Jimmie Jones actually saved my life when I was 6. We were on a boat and hit a bump. I flew in the air and was about to land on the propeller before he grabbed me with one arm. The "Swamp Thing" will always be A+ in my eyes. Really nice guy, I believe he's a fishing captain in Texas.

Have two guys I really want to take, and they are both VERY good, and I know that they're going to be gone by the time they get back down to my pick again, so I'm going out on a limb here and picking the guy I think is more likely to be nabbed first.
to s
John Madden famously labeled my next pick the only high school player he ever saw who was physically ready for the NFL. The number one recruit in America, he went on to star at Miami at outside linebacker, and was athletic and versatile enough to be a first round NFL draft pick and led the NFL in tackles in 2007 at Middle linebacker. He'll line up on the outside next to his college teammate, Jon Vilma, keeping up with my theme of pairing guys with chemistry together.

My next pick is 2x All Big East selection, DJ Williams, LINEBACKER

[video=youtube;3YIdm86P4w8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YIdm86P4w8[/video]

t_19469_07.jpg

I'm saddened knowing that the guy I want next will most likely be gone by the time I pick again.

Ok, I wanna make sure I fortify my front- Im taking Jimmie Jones at Dtackle. Yeah, he didn't even start as a senior, but he was beaten out by Cortez Kennedy( who had a monster 89). But Jones would've started at any other program and was part of an incredible three man rotation at tackle with Tez and Maryland.

Jones was still a 3rd rd pick and enjoyed a nice, long NFL career where he won Super Bowls.

I was down to him or William Joseph, but honestly, I thought Jones was the better player

Jimmie Jones actually saved my life when I was 6. We were on a boat and hit a bump. I flew in the air and was about to land on the propeller before he grabbed me with one arm. The "Swamp Thing" will always be A+ in my eyes. Really nice guy, I believe he's a fishing captain in Texas.

JJ, was known as a very nice, amiable guy that nobody has a bad thing to say about. Whatever the perceptions of the program were back then, Miami had a lot of those type of guys back in that era

Advertisement
I was wondering when the **** DJ Williams was going to go off the board. 1st round draft pick, stud CFB and NFL OLB, and he can even be your FB!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiuCk6_yEPw

With his next pick, Sands selects Don Smith, a First-Team All-American DT/NG and winner of the Jack Harding Memorial Award as the MVP of the Canes, who went on to have a very solid ten year NFL career at NG/DT/DE.

Excellent pick, Sands. I was beginning to think Don L. would be a FA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
SHERKO??????

I guess someone has to be the Raiders.

Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!

My all time favorite Bakas line. I will give you credit, you took it like a champ and have fun with it even though it was at your expense. Kudos.
Make no mistake, I'm mocking Mike Bakas every time I write that.

Well, that I don't get at all. He got you pretty good there. It was his shining moment.

Advertisement
Tano,

It wasn't Romberg. Still haven't seen any other 1st team AA that Larry's talking about left in the trenches. By my count, the 1st team guys are dwindling.

SHERKO??????

I guess someone has to be the Raiders.

Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!

My all time favorite Bakas line. I will give you credit, you took it like a champ and have fun with it even though it was at your expense. Kudos.
Make no mistake, I'm mocking Mike Bakas every time I write that.

Well, that I don't get at all. He got you pretty good there. It was his shining moment.

He didn't get me good at all. He clowned himself by acting like a spoiled petulant jerk who couldn't handle opinions other this his own on a site people pay to access. The fact that you think that made him look good is the funny thing in all this. Are you still a paying customer of his?

Tano,

It wasn't Romberg. Still haven't seen any other 1st team AA that Larry's talking about left in the trenches. By my count, the 1st team guys are dwindling.

I know who you're thinking of. He could go soon. But don't think he should have gone yet, either.

I believe this is the last remaining 1st Rounder at DB left on the board. It just so happens to be a relatively thin position, so the value is high. He's also a fantastic complement to my field corner (Duane Starks) and can play the boundary as well as anyone in UM's history.

CB, Mike Rumph

58.jpg

Advertisement
Back