All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
Top 5 athlete ever at UM on the board. Will anyone take him? It would be a contentious pick.

Gore and Edge. Man. It's incredible how many complete backs Miami put out. And how many serious injuries.

If not for knees (or in Portis's cases, overuse) would we be talking about four of the best backs of all time? To go along with Ottis Anderson and (blank)? And (blank) might have been the best if not for his own blown out knee.

Advertisement
Lu, please let me know if I ruined your plans. Honestly I have no idea, but I think at this point your plans involve offense or defensive line. I'm going offense with this pick. I had a choice between a couple guys but chose the more contemporary of the two for his versatility.

My next pick was a 2011 Pro Bowler at center, an all Big East Selection at offensive guard, and an All ACC Selection at Tackle. Unbelievable. This past season, he was fourth in votes at Center for AP All Pro Honors. Bleacherreport just named him the top center in the NFL. He can play any position on the line for my team, and do so at an elite level. He now captains the offensive line in the NFL for one of the best offenses in the league.

Tano selects CHRIS MYERS - C

53.jpg

Lu, please let me know if I ruined your plans. Honestly I have no idea, but I think at this point your plans involve offense or defensive line. I'm going offense with this pick. I had a choice between a couple guys but chose the more contemporary of the two for his versatility.

My next pick was a 2011 Pro Bowler at center, an all Big East Selection at offensive guard, and an All ACC Selection at Tackle. Unbelievable. This past season, he was fourth in votes at Center for AP All Pro Honors. Bleacherreport just named him the top center in the NFL. He can play any position on the line for my team, and do so at an elite level. He now captains the offensive line in the NFL for one of the best offenses in the league.

53.jpg
I'm asking for a ruling on this one. Can a guy play C if he never played C at UM? Hmmmm...........

53.jpg
I'm asking for a ruling on this one. Can a guy play C if he never played C at UM? Hmmmm...........

I second that motion!!!

No, you didn't. But, yes, I think Myers can play C, bc he's played Center in the Pros (a higher level). I had certainly considered him as a future Center.

Advertisement
Gore and Edge. Man. It's incredible how many complete backs Miami put out. And how many serious injuries.

If not for knees (or in Portis's cases, overuse) would we be talking about four of the best backs of all time? To go along with Ottis Anderson and (blank)? And (blank) might have been the best if not for his own blown out knee.

I am so with you.

Except, Sweetness is the GOAT. I love Gore, Edge, Portis, McGahee ... all a them.

But Walter was the most complete football player ever. Forgive my tangent. He retired as the all-time leading rusher, the all-time leading receiver out of the backfield, as good a blocker as ever played RB, and legitimately the Bears back-up QB and punter. And he played almost his entire career behind an awful line, with no QB or other weapons on offense.

/end rant
//forgive me, his son was a Cane so this is UM-related

Advertisement
Considering the weakest position to choose from at Miami is OL, as long as a guy played the position at either the collegiate or pro level in some regard, they can be slotted at the position. If Tano wants Myers as a center, he's a center.

Advertisement
Considering the weakest position to choose from at Miami is OL, as long as a guy played the position at either the collegiate or pro level in some regard, they can be slotted at the position. If Tano wants Myers as a center, he's a center.

Meh. We need some credibility here, or Brian Monroe will be a WR.

I had planned to hold up on this move for another round or two, but I don't want to miss out on this guy, as I think he's very much slept on.

I'm going with a 4x ALL-PRO, Rookie of the Year, former 1st rounder (12th overall), and a guy who led the entire NFL in receptions from the Running Back position. Check out his highlights. He's one of the better athletes to ever play at UM. He played RB, DB, and WR.

RB, Chuck Foreman

54.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFBN5aUMVLU&feature=related

Alright, time to reach...OL is becoming ridiculously scarce and sadly, there are lots of other position players on the board that are simply higher value, but its getting late...

I'm going to select...

Gregg Rakoczy and Martin Bibla

Advertisement
Back