A note on the Portal...

Yeah but even so, a year filled with losing and a move to the outfield obviously didn't help matters with keeping Cyr. Either way we had 3 guys at the end of this past season who will be playing college baseball next season who will likely be top 2 or 3 round picks and only 1 of them will be coming back next year.

Not disagreeing with your later conclusion, I'm just not sure why some posters keep insisting certain things about Cyr when you've got @Canesfreak telling you otherwise. Believe me, @Canesfreak would actually tell you if something bigger were going on, but it's just not the case.

Advertisement
Yeah but even so, a year filled with losing and a move to the outfield obviously didn't help matters with keeping Cyr. Either way we had 3 guys at the end of this past season who will be playing college baseball next season who will likely be top 2 or 3 round picks and only 1 of them will be coming back next year.
Who says Torres will get what he is looking for in the portal? Dude just had TJ surgery. Not sure how much leverage he has right now?
Do we take him back if he can't find what he is looking for in the portal?

Who says Torres will get what he is looking for in the portal? Dude just had TJ surgery. Not sure how much leverage he has right now?
Do we take him back if he can't find what he is looking for in the portal?

I would hope the answer to that is "yes".

That’s interesting and sounds like they are trying to get in front of a possible narrative or perception. Or just they are sensitive and care that cis porsters are mean.
Thought the same thing. Players want to win and get better. If he trusted this staff on those two things he would have stayed IMO.

Not disagreeing with your later conclusion, I'm just not sure why some posters keep insisting certain things about Cyr when you've got @Canesfreak telling you otherwise. Believe me, @Canesfreak would actually tell you if something bigger were going on, but it's just not the case.
I'm not disagreeing with Canesfreak, all I'm saying is a losing season and being moved to the OF probably didn't help a really tough situation that he was going through. That's it

Advertisement
Thought the same thing. Players want to win and get better. If he trusted this staff on those two things he would have stayed IMO.
IMO you have to take canesfreak accounting of the situation as what’s happening, Cyr just wants a fresh start.

It’s just odd to me Cyr’s side would be putting forth or carrying that messaging for the program that nothing to do with the staff.

IMO you have to take canesfreak accounting of the situation as what’s happening, Cyr just wants a fresh start.

It’s just odd to me Cyr’s side would be putting forth or carrying that messaging for the program that nothing to do with the staff.

I don't think that was really the primary intention, I just think @Canesfreak was having a conversation with the agent. More along the lines of "it's not A, it's B." Not really a well-thought out PR campaign or anything.

Advertisement
**** so Cyr and Torres gone. Gonna be a total rebuild. Not sure if it can be done with JD at the helm. Cant believe Cuvet is gna stick it out but glad he is planning to. Hopefully Jimenez continues to take the next step

I think the agent and kid dont wanna **** on the staff on the way out.

Advertisement
Per Gaby on Twitter

Miami adds a transfer from Penn State OF/1B Bobby Marsh. Hit .309 with 6 HR and 47 RBI’s this spring. Made 52 starts.
bigger body. Get him up to 210-215 and you might. Be cooking something.

Obviously Cooper played a part here.

I’ve been watching these regional games on ESPN+ and a commercial keeps coming on about changes in scholarships for ALL sports.
I’ve also heard there’s a chance from others that the baseball scholarship situation might change.
Full scholarships could really help Miami. Has anyone else heard this?

Also let’s be real. Miami players are as good or better than 75% of the teams in the regional.

I’ve been watching these regional games on ESPN+ and a commercial keeps coming on about changes in scholarships for ALL sports.
I’ve also heard there’s a chance from others that the baseball scholarship situation might change.

Also let’s be real. Miami players are as good or better than 75% of the teams in the regional.
Excuse Me Dog GIF by Butler University

Advertisement

Yes, as part of the NCAA's House settlement.

If Miami can give full scholarships (plus their NIL program) kids committing won’t be an issue.

They math makes it really hard for Miami. This will be the second time I type this.

State school $7500 a year plus bright future plus NIL is making money for the player

Miami with a 35% scholarship the kid graduates $200k ish in debt

So Cyr and Torres in the portal...

.... Slurpers may want to abort this thread...

Nice try on the preemptive Miam's got this guysm, but even @ErickMarreroU is fearful of the 2025 season...

Not sure what is worse: Miami baseball or thinking dedicated fans were going to buy this ******* complete bull**** sales pitch

Advertisement
Back