7on7 Practice Notes

Advertisement
I dont think some of yall realize how charmin soft our schedule is this year.... we could run the table with Malik Rosier.

September- FSU is the only toss up

vs Bethune
@ Arkansas St
@ FSU
vs Toledo

October- Undefeated

@ Duke
vs GT
vs Syracuse
@ UNC

November- Two toss ups bc of rivalry status but both we should win.

vs VT
vs ND
vs UVa
@ Pitt

I agree here I think UM is in the ACC championship and maybe playoffs this year ... All they need is an "Okay" quarterback and we out here

If they want to stack the box, I'll take my chances with our WR's with their corners on an island

Advertisement
I wish I could tell you the season is bigger than FSU, but that hasn't been the case of late. So goes the FSU game, so goes the season. I will tell you what, if we go out there playing not to lose, I know the outcome already. For all the good Richt has done, he needs to show this team that even if they're not "ready" he is willing to let them play. Last year's gameplan was horrid.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I wish I could tell you the season is bigger than FSU, but that hasn't been the case of late. So goes the FSU game, so goes the season. I will tell you what, if we go out there playing not to lose, I know the outcome already. For all the good Richt has done, he needs to show this team that even if they're not "ready" he is willing to let them play. Last year's gameplan was horrid.

Any coach that's plays conservative with the type of talent we have against any team is not worth crap. Under no circumstance should we ever have to play conservative!!!

Any coach that's plays conservative with the type of talent we have against any team is not worth crap. Under no circumstance should we ever have to play conservative!!!
I'm not a professional, but I have played and been around enough to know there is a time for everything in football. You can be conservative and still opportunistic. That's where we really fell down last year.

In order for Rosier to succeed he has to get 50-60 yards rushing a game. If he can be a run threat it takes Mark Waltons game to a heisman candidate level.

Which leads to 82 SAVAGE and Jeff Thomas having 1 on 1s on the oustide. Good luck.

Almost forgot about Herndon! Aint no stopping us.

And the D is nasty "that **** stink"

and.... yeah im off the h3nny

LETS GO CANES

I agree that if Rosier is the QB we need to run him fairly regularly. Rick said he's never called run plays for his QB, but it would be stupid not to if Rosier is the QB.

Advertisement
Good point about their strengths being on the edge and CB bc i think our strength on the line is in the interior so hopefully we can run between the tackles on them unlike years past. The running game in this game really is the key IMO. Unless one QB has 2 or 3 turnovers, whoever runs the ball best in this game will win

When's the last time we lined up and ran the ball down FSU's throat? QB will have to complete passes and make plays with his feet. FSU has struggled for a long time now with QBs who can run even if they're not great passers.
Gonna be really difficult this year of all years. They're really stout down the middle of their defense. They'd be drunk and possibly asleep on heroin to not drop a Safety down on a relatively inexperienced QB. Add that to DTs who are likely to give our guys some problems, and we better consider actually attacking them this year.

I'm confident they aren't going to completely shut our running game down like last year. They lost their best DT, by far, and we will be much better on the interior O-line with Donaldson and Gauthier. Oh yeah, and Perry and Rosier are both actual threats to run.

We won't run on them if we can't or won't challenge them in the throw game. We've pretty much never run on them lined up in tight formations without a valid throw game. They ran on us with no throw game (that Greg Jones game), but we've never done it to them that I can remember.

Yep - that's been the case since I can remember, especially under mikey defenses. Fsu has always loved to play tight, close to the LOS and loosens up/gets conservative if we can make some PA passes on them. We won't do anything unless we can loosen up theirs D with passes especially across the middle.

When's the last time we lined up and ran the ball down FSU's throat? QB will have to complete passes and make plays with his feet. FSU has struggled for a long time now with QBs who can run even if they're not great passers.
Gonna be really difficult this year of all years. They're really stout down the middle of their defense. They'd be drunk and possibly asleep on heroin to not drop a Safety down on a relatively inexperienced QB. Add that to DTs who are likely to give our guys some problems, and we better consider actually attacking them this year.

I'm confident they aren't going to completely shut our running game down like last year. They lost their best DT, by far, and we will be much better on the interior O-line with Donaldson and Gauthier. Oh yeah, and Perry and Rosier are both actual threats to run.

We won't run on them if we can't or won't challenge them in the throw game. We've pretty much never run on them lined up in tight formations without a valid throw game. They ran on us with no throw game (that Greg Jones game), but we've never done it to them that I can remember.

Yep - that's been the case since I can remember, especially under mikey defenses. Fsu has always loved to play tight, close to the LOS and loosens up/gets conservative if we can make some PA passes on them. We won't do anything unless we can loosen up theirs D with passes especially across the middle.

That same defense that looked like garbage against anyone competent last year looked like killers against us even with Erma Lame at Safety and a couple other guys banged up. They've been playing downhill on us forever, and it's because our coaches tense up and go into a shell against them every year.

Good point about their strengths being on the edge and CB bc i think our strength on the line is in the interior so hopefully we can run between the tackles on them unlike years past. The running game in this game really is the key IMO. Unless one QB has 2 or 3 turnovers, whoever runs the ball best in this game will win

we did it in 03 I do believe

lot of this flack that richt gets isn't really warranted concerning the "game plan" of that game

that o line couldn't protect kayaa for more than 2 seconds, and kayaa was already shell shocked so even if he had 7 seconds he was still gonna stick one right into an fsu players hands..

...oh wait, that's exactly what he did

In order for Rosier to succeed he has to get 50-60 yards rushing a game. If he can be a run threat it takes Mark Waltons game to a heisman candidate level.

Which leads to 82 SAVAGE and Jeff Thomas having 1 on 1s on the oustide. Good luck.

LETS GO CANES

We go as the Oline goes.

Advertisement

1990 .... UM had almost 350 yards rushing from Conley and McGuire. The OL just knocked guys ****s in the dirt that day.

That same defense that looked like garbage against anyone competent last year looked like killers against us even with Erma Lame at Safety and a couple other guys banged up. They've been playing downhill on us forever, and it's because our coaches tense up and go into a shell against them every year.

Can't disagree with that.
It was so disappointing when they didn't take advantage of lame at safety last year.

LETS GO CANES

I agree that if Rosier is the QB we need to run him fairly regularly. Rick said he's never called run plays for his QB, but it would be stupid not to if Rosier is the QB.

He has to to keep their defense honest accounting for a QB who can get us yards.

Advertisement

LETS GO CANES

We go as the Oline goes.

Yep. Hopefully they continue the upward trend we saw the last few games.

Hope that's true. Christmas and Nnadi are solid and potentially a problem, especially if Linder is at Center. Their two Safeties are fast and physical. Our interior line has to step up and someone has to put Brian Burns on his ***. We don't pose a sufficient threat to them if we avoid the middle of the field like we did last year.

Im still can't believe our offensive approach last year.

Advertisement
Back